Cylcia=Code - Vol. 4 Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
And both of them got their body on 'suspended' animation, like the others says, they basically abandoned their real body and live on the game world...

I assume the reason Kanata stayed in the game is because Hinaka can't leave, we never got the explanation but they strongly implied early on that a good chunk of Hinaka's body was destroyed in the accident so even if it's not entirely gone she definitely can't log out and use it

This also is the only remotely sensible explanation for why the game would simulate biological functions like having to urinate, it's incredibly inconvenient and hard work to implement so "well my daughter can't log out so I'm gonna give her a realistic life"

And if you're far gone enough to go "gonna have my daughter live in a supercomputer and use the toilet in there" you probably also would like to see your daughter get married and have kids, so...

(plus virtual pregnancy is a popular niche interest in online games in present day and there's at least one service that runs targeted ads for that on Facebook. Not kidding. I'm a shareholder)

So, uhh, that game has a kinda feature to get pregnant with your character? And Kanata said which one of us get preggo first, so basically Kanata could change his own gender? So confusing.

Easy to overlook, but there was a bit in a couple earlier chapters where someone was able to swap players' genders in the game (temporarily?) that got resolved and set aside, so that's what's going on there. At least one character asked for it to be done

Wait... what? It feels like the last few chapters were super plot heavy and I couldn't really follow.
There are going to a different server in space or something? Are they allowed to log out yet?
Seems like at some point in act 2 (which we skipped) at least some of the players were able to log out since they "beat" the challenges on their server, and it sounds like there were players stuck on other servers as well who beat their challenges. That's why there are some non-virtual players we see on a couple pages talking about it

Some of the players seem to have stayed logged in by choice, others for other reasons... it seems like they're going on some sort of space expedition, so it could make sense to stay logged in for the duration of that so that your body isn't consuming food and oxygen during a potentially very long space journey. Going into space is kind of absurd and out of left field but they mentioned in previous chapter(s) that the game is based on alien technology

Incidentally 'put your body into suspended animation during a space trip and have your brain operate independently' is also a major plot point in Xenoblade X, so that game and this manga probably lifted that detail from somewhere else

Double-page supporter
This is the longest series I've ever read where, upon finishing it, I truly cannot explain what happened. I'd be able to give an extremely general summary of the premise, but that's about it. I genuinely don't understand what the point was to all of this.

Dex-chan lover
Dr2crwaXcAA-gY4

What.

I recommend renaming this and remove the vol. 4 at the front? Lots of people could've missed the update because they're not sorted at the top...

Dex-chan lover
@alacaelum
That was correct but I think there was a case where credit mentioned the author was barely selling the books so they had to rush everything before anything can even build. But it was also author fault for not hinting the main story plot after volume 2 onwards where on volume 4 it was already too late to save it when one of the important conflict and plot kicked in.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so there was an axe. That explains everything. Welp, at least they tried. =/

@AirenxVia

Apparently the author had a poll on twitter or somewhere where he picked an ending out of 6 Available.

Aggregator gang
Ah man, i knew that was gonna be a ending where it got axed. Well it was a fun ride, thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Japan axing interesting manga and continue to fund tasteless copy of isekai no.8000.
Joke aside, I agree with everyone that the story isn't well told at all. Which is a shame considering the build up was quite fun, albeit being all over the place. It also has too many subplots and characters, too many to care and remember. If the story has a lot of characters, the author needs to simmer it down to a few and give them proper time and arc like Berserk or at least have the length to fresh them out like Claymore. I know it got axed, I am not sure the overwhelming amount of characters caused the axe or the axed cause the cast to feel overwhelming.
Interestingly, this author was an assistant on Chrono Crusade. Reading Soul Gadget Radiant I can see the similarity. Both master and apprentice made genderbend work at around the same time, this and Mousou Kikou, which I also suspect that got axed as well.

welp, im enjoying the ride, even the ending axed, its still good regardless, thanks for the chapters

Users who are viewing this thread