D.Gray-man - Ch. 238 - Saying Goodbye to A.W - Red and Mana ②

it hurts my kokoro with this slow development .. I started the anime in the 7th grade now i've finished masters =)))

I think the only reason I am still reading D.Gray-man is because I want to see Lavi again. it's been what, 12 years since his last appearance? I feel pretty old whenever I think about that.

At this point I just hope the author finishes the series eventually, no matter how slow the tempo

On the one side, i think its interesting how the manga evolved over time in both art-style and topics.
On the other hand, i kinda feel like we wont get to see the ending to this manga how it was inittialy planned. It just diverted way to far from how it started, which also created quiet some plotholes. I mean, the whole topic of the Earls / Manas identity is just a giant plothole at this point. In chapter 3 we get told that Alan got his eye because the Earl offered to revive Mana, which turned the latter into an Akuma that attacked and cursed Alan. Then Alans arm "awakens" and destroys the Akuma. And in the chapter before that the Earl even says he remembers Alan as "the kid that made his dad into an Akuma". So by this point, Mana and the Earl clearly are seperate beeings. Fast forward to chapter 219, and we get told that the "human" form of the Earl is Mana, and that Mana and Nea once were one beeing, the Earl. Fast forward again to the current chapters, and suddenly Mana refers to Nea as his twin brother while saying they are hunted by the Earl.
The only explanation in which that could end would be something like "yea, they actually all had split personalitys in multiple bodys, so all is cool". And i dont like the feeling of that.

we got trapped in the flashback and we'll never get out

i'm starting to even dislike allen, i want plot and not dragged mc's sob story

I saw someone saying that there is plotholes, no, there is not, Noahs have 2 souls, the Earl had his human soul (Mana) and his Noah soul (Adam), the one Allen turned into an Akum was Mana's soul, and the one that awakened as the Earl was Adam's soul

And Hoshino isnt losing herself in the story, on Allen's nightmares you can see not only the pillar but modern city things, and this was way before Road talk about the reset

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan I initially though she was the most fun Noah, but after the Thirtieth's arrival she and The Earl have been REALLY tight lipped to even their own kind about what truly is going on. Was she his lover? Is Allen another fragment of The Earl? I'll have to wait up to 5 years to find out.

Maybe some happen between the 35yr ago period to current time wher Mana/Nea both went throu a stasis for their mind but their body aged (Mana forward while Nea backed).

I forgot how the Noah works with Human host and their Noal self. Maybe their human host died, where Nea somehow merged with Allen of the past (older Allen) and somehow deaged back to a child and Mana latch onto this dude's body?

@SlaMan1
Yes, they have 2 souls, but up till now they always were in one body, with the Noa Soul / Memories "awakening" at some point. So within the short time between Manas death and the Earl appearing to Allan, the Noah soul (Adam) would have to "attach" to another human and fully awaken as the Earl. And not only that, that wouldnt explain why that new Earl has the same appearence as Mana. Also there is still the problem with Neas claim that Nea and the Earl are both 2 halfs of what was the real Earl that somehow split apart, so that would make 3 souls (the human one, Mana, and 2 Noha, the Earl and Nea).

If anyone is upset with the chapter length always remember, it’s better we consistently get 1 chapter every 3 months rather then hunter x hunter with no confirmed schedule of release or even knowing if the author will be able to finish everything they want to do in it.

laughing at the YEET sfx on page 3, thanks translators 😂
it's a shame Hoshino can only put out like, 20 pages every 3 months since, going back and reading the last few chapters, the pacing and story is fine but it's really not much content for the how long it takes for each chapter to come out so it feels like we've been stuck in this flashback for forever now. but hey, i'm just glad she can consistently put out chapters atm and keep her art as gorgeous as ever

Lmao @ the comment starting at 7th grade. You really made me feel the passage of time. I started when I was in 6th grade and I'm now in my 20s. Jeez. Dgrayman will be such a staple of my life and a constant comfort re-read for the next few decades.

this is some emo stuff i didnt expect to read today.... but then again dgm always brings out the emotions in me

Dex-chan lover
At this point I would love to see rest of the series as Light Novel. The art is lovely, and I know what hardships Hoshino gone trough (I picked the series around Suman going full fallen) but 15 pages every 3 months (and often not even that) isn't enough.
@CrimsonManga89
Adam has power over life and death, he could easily create his own body. Which he kinda did when we look back at the previous chapters when Mana loses to Earl.

Users who are viewing this thread