Daddy's Sexy Doll - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Karin, the Hesitant Child

I went back to read when she came to the door and jeez wanted to slap her wished mc had but wtvr

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I don't agree so much that Karin is super in the wrong here? Like at such a young age getting really scared/anxious when someone makes unexpected sexual advances and telling your close friends about it is super normal I think, and its clear she also understands how things have been blown out of proportion by those friends telling the rest of the school and is trying in some way to remedy that by telling her friends Riona isn't really like that and going to apologize to her directly.

Obviously it'd be better if she accepted that what she did was the root cause of things but again, she's just a kid. When you're that age its really hard to admit fault, especially if you were wronged in some way (which I do think she was)
Well, I agree... I think both was in the wrong. Riona was taking it too far when playing pretend and Karin got scared. Karin was in the wrong as she kept her silence as the rumor spread. It'd be unrealistic if they just shrug it of and make up. I love how they are both described in the story and how the story goes so far.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I agree... I think both was in the wrong. Riona was taking it too far when playing pretend and Karin got scared. Karin was in the wrong as she kept her silence as the rumor spread. It'd be unrealistic if they just shrug it of and make up. I love how they are both described in the story and how the story goes so far.
Yeah I agree they're both wrong! I'd appreciate if they talked about their feelings in full and actually came to understand each other's emotions but honestly don't really think this is that kinda manga

Dex-chan lover
When I read things like that, it really empathize how different I am from the norm. All I did in middle school was ignore my bullies, smartly finish all the fights they started with me (and by that I mean decking them when there was no authority to tell me it's bad to reciprocate) and minding my own business because others kids my age were not worth the effort and books were more flavorful.
redditor

Double-page supporter
I actually think Karin is a fine character, having someone just make out with you out of the blue would be shocking and she shows regret for having told her classmates about it, we're not dealing with adults here (for the most part).

I really like this series so far, thanks for the update! Also the font change was an improvement I feel. Great work as usual Zeztie.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's good for people to debate as long as they don't resort to personal attacks or being rude. \o/
yeah i think this convo was pretty fun actually! i enjoy seeing how people interpret media in ways that i dont (and also im reaaaally bored trying to procrastinate an assignment today)

Dex-chan lover
Karin may be a bitch but the story isn't trying to portray her as being in the right so there's not much to get mad about. Everyone knows she's in the wrong and she's a dumb self-centered kid that made a mistake with room for character development.

Did you expect someone who get sexual abused just keep silent and okay with it?
Sexually abused? I can always count on mangadex comments to have at least one person unironically posting an insane take like this lmao.

Power Uploader
Couple of corrections:
p14: Judging from the raws, it's supposed to be AI (ey-aye) not Aー (long A)
p19: weirdos got got way

Dex-chan lover
Wrong friend to talk about your experience.
No one know Riona and Karin are dating? Even pretend? Kiss ok, grope bad? Hmm..
Trespassing are bad.

Don't mind me, just want to comment. Like, just talk to my self. Lol

Power Uploader
I actually think Karin is a fine character, having someone just make out with you out of the blue would be shocking and she shows regret for having told her classmates about it, we're not dealing with adults here (for the most part).

I really like this series so far, thanks for the update! Also the font change was an improvement I feel. Great work as usual Zeztie.
it wasn't out of the blue, they clearly stated they had been playing pretend lovers for a while, and after Riona went for the tongue kiss and Karin went along with, that send mixed signals that maybe she might be willing to become real lovers instead of just pretend.

Expecting Riona to stop the kissing session just to go "Hey, would it be alright if I were to try to go for more? More specifically I want to fondle your breasts", is dumb. Karin overreacted and that's a fact. It isn't a surprise that now Riona would rather be with a robot than risking another sexual assault charge.

Group Leader
“It’s not my fault that the other girls are outright saying ‘I would throw her in a ditch.’”
was not 100% sure of what this meant when I was translating this, the original text said この前だって自分からドブにつっこんでいったし which I read as "she threw herself into a ditch before this", but being that she never literally jumped into a ditch before this, I went with what's currently there.

Reading through it again though maybe I should have translated it something like "She'd jumped into this (figurative) hole herself, even before this", as what it currently says portrays the girl saying it as more of a bully.

Users who are viewing this thread