Daddy's Sexy Doll - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Heart Examination

Dex-chan lover
You can see the plural in the banner, so it's not the translator. I wouldn't think much about it. The Japanese are not know for their precise English skills.
8a852b11771a2bb994ca7fea46a78936.jpg
It is a translation error by whoever made the banner.

パパのセクシードール​

means "Papa no sekusu doru" which means "Papa's sex doll". There's no "s" sound there, and it's not "sexy" but outright "sex".

Group Leader
It is a translation error by whoever made the banner.

パパのセクシードール​

means "Papa no sekusu doru" which means "Papa's sex doll". There's no "s" sound there, and it's not "sexy" but outright "sex".
sekusu (sex) would be セクス in katakana.
sekushi- (sexy) is セクシー.

But like youdontknowwho said, english isn’t usually a jp author’s strong suit, so I wouldn’t look too deep into the english title.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

パパのセクシードール​

It's "papa no sekushii dooru" tho. They use セクシー (sexy) instead of セックス (sex).
"Sex dolls" are also called "sexy dolls" btw, I think it just depends on your region or your habits. For me for example, I say "sexy doll" because it is easier to pronounce but I write "sex doll" because it's just shorter to write.
And the "s" on the banner was probably a mistake because the title on the actual cover has no "s", unless it's a spoiler and there are actually more sex dolls in the future 😅

Group Leader
Regarding the title, Japanese actually doesn't distinguish between singular and plural (except in very rare instances). So "Daddy's Sexy Doll" and "Daddy's Sexy Dolls" are both possible translations of the title.

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into this though. It's probably more of an abstract or metaphorical title about how we treat other people as dolls when we dehumanize them.

Also, I highly doubt Karin is going to become some anti-robot racist. She's weirded out because she had just defended Riona to her friends as someone who wouldn't kiss her robot, only to be proven wrong. Keep in mind that Forti is either an inanimate object or a conscious being forced to follow orders (it's not clear yet which one); either way what Riona is doing is unhealthy at best and sexual coercion at worst, even if her motives are sympathetic. This is not a story about how the MC does nothing wrong and anyone who opposes her is evil for no reason.

Group Leader
on the topic of the title, I just realized the newest cover art omits the plural lol. Who knows what the author really means :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Hmmn what should I say... don't fall for your dad possession?

It looks like the author is more on the sane side of beliving that robots arent flesh and will never be able to fully replace people.
I like how they got protests going on and stuff, this reminds me of "My Wife Has No Emotion" but this one has a way faster start Id say. Also the dad aka poor son of a bitch is lonely without his wife so ofc he wants to come home and get some healing for him self aswell, but if the author only makes it seem that a robot is enought to replace his wife and that he doesnt lack real connection like Riona does its gonna suck.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was machine learning to hornys
Why i am feeling what the mob will destroy at Forty

Users who are viewing this thread