Dai Dark - Ch. 44 - This is the Damema-Room

Dex-chan lover
Is star and planet written the same way in Japanese?

I have lost count of how many times i have read Japanese media referring to planets as stars, and it always feels wrong

Anyway, i bet the aliens found Damemaru's ship, and used his tech to kill each other, and are of course, gonna use his own tools against him, so another L for Damemaru

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is star and planet written the same way in Japanese?

I have lost count of how many times i have read Japanese media referring to planets as stars, and it always feels wrong

Star and planet are both referred to as hoshi/sei (星). The proper technical term for planet is wakusei (惑星), but as you can see the second kanji is the sei for star, so in the Japanese literary sense, a planet is a kind of star. This is why they often become interchangeable in LITERARY media. In more formal publication the technical terms are used.

Dex-chan lover
Why does last text say Damemaru want to commit betrayal? Unless I'm missing something here, I think he just want to go on separated way when he retrieve his ship, he doesn't plan to harm other guys. If he doesn't like to travel with this group, just let him go.

Dex-chan lover
Star and planet are both referred to as hoshi/sei (星). The proper technical term for planet is wakusei (惑星), but as you can see the second kanji is the sei for star, so in the Japanese literary sense, a planet is a kind of star. This is why they often become interchangeable in LITERARY media. In more formal publication the technical terms are used.
So it's more of a translation issue. In context it should be translated as "planet" because in english they make the distinction.

Fed-Kun's army
Why does last text say Damemaru want to commit betrayal? Unless I'm missing something here, I think he just want to go on separated way when he retrieve his ship, he doesn't plan to harm other guys. If he doesn't like to travel with this group, just let him go.
Good point, I'd like to believe that myself too.

Users who are viewing this thread