Dame Skill [Auto Mode] ga Kakuseishimashita ~Are, Guild no Scout-san, Ore wo "Iranai"-tte Itte Masendeshita?~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - To The Catatombs!

I'm not mad at the bad guys, that's their role in the story.

I'm more annoyed at that mage that keeps clinging on him and forces himself into a party. I hate those kinds of characters, their only role is be nuisances

Dex-chan lover
whats the motivation of the bad guys again?
There are multiple objectives.

The one they prepared for was to have their own candidate pass the test while being outstanding. Like being the only one to pass on this session. By making her an obvious favorite and blatantly sabotaging all other candidates. Apparently, that's supposed to show how exceptional she is. Manga logic, go figure.

Then, there is the side objective when they realized that MC was participating which was to crush his particular chances completely. Because he's kind of a reminder of the "shame" he brought to their guild. Being a "failure" with a weak unique skill. (Before it reached level 3.) This part is actually kind of human: "elite" people who don't want their name to be associated with "lower-class" individuals. You see that in real life too.

Dex-chan lover
Funny enough, I cited this manga in the comments of another one as as example of story where the party that "exiled" the MC didn't crash and burn after the expulsion and probably wouldn't because the MC wasn't contributing much at the time. I added "unless they decide to get in the MC's way" because, objectively, there was no reason for the clan to crash or for the MC to go after them... but here they are, moving the full force and reputation of their clan just to spite mid-level candidates and the MC in particular.

This will likely blow up after the MC proves that he manages to get the required materials despite the opposition. When he reports them, he can show that it's not an excuse for his failure. Plus, there are tons of other witnesses. Their reputation, and that of their own candidate for rank-up, will likely be utterly demolished when their behavior comes to light.

Double-page supporter
Hehehe it would be funny if the girl was disqualified by the guild... Because about what they did... '-'

Double-page supporter
Funny enough, I cited this manga in the comments of another one as as example of story where the party that "exiled" the MC didn't crash and burn after the expulsion and probably wouldn't because the MC wasn't contributing much at the time. I added "unless they decide to get in the MC's way" because, objectively, there was no reason for the clan to crash or for the MC to go after them... but here they are, moving the full force and reputation of their clan just to spite mid-level candidates and the MC in particular.

This will likely blow up after the MC proves that he manages to get the required materials despite the opposition. When he reports them, he can show that it's not an excuse for his failure. Plus, there are tons of other witnesses. Their reputation, and that of their own candidate for rank-up, will likely be utterly demolished when their behavior comes to light.
Their backs is a noble and they are from the capital... Only if the guild leader in this rural place have a big height in the capital... If not... That's it... Max, the girl from their guild will be disqualified here...

Dex-chan lover
It would be funny if due to their direct interference they actually cause their newest member fail to finish her quest. In addition due to their actions they actually get demoted. They might pep themselves up that they at least prevented him from ranking up, at least until he reveals that he still managed it somehow.

It would have been better if there was more time/interaction with the mage than throwing them together under the threat of the old part. too much shoved together and new mage character just feels like another attack from the old party.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so confused can someone tell me why this gaine guy cares so much about the "trash" I don't get what he's even upset at him about other than existing?

Dex-chan lover
They just want to put the "weakling" in his place. Can't wait for their reaction to Ultra Instinct on crack.
So, they basically woke up one day and choose violence.

“Hey guys, I’m bored. What should we do to day?”

“I know let’s mess with that weakling we kickout”

Group Leader
Bruh, these guys are madly in love with Claus huh, to go to such lengths fo fuck him over, they are pratically beging his attention.

Dex-chan lover
Their backs is a noble and they are from the capital... Only if the guild leader in this rural place have a big height in the capital... If not... That's it... Max, the girl from their guild will be disqualified here...
To be fair, the sheer amount of rare materials he can provide to the guild may very well outweigh any kind of noble influence they could use. Well that's assuming that the author actually understands how important supply and demand is to economics and doesn't just make everyone an idiot, but that's not likely to happen.

Dex-chan lover
I hope they succeed and he dies, it would be nice if they killed his sister too.... I hate these stupid protags who are worthless until they get some kind of amazing skill...
You could just stop reading...

Dex-chan lover
Well that's assuming that the author actually understands how important supply and demand is to economics and doesn't just make everyone an idiot, but that's not likely to happen.
That was covered 3 chapter ago (Chapter 14).

Dex-chan lover
The anatagonists are ... as irrational as can be expected..

The slapstick sequence following the fireball was good though.. ;)

Dex-chan lover
Stories like this are absolutely ridiculous. I know they're assholes, but who the hell is so bored that they go to these kinds of lengths just to harass some nobody. Are they really that free?

Sometimes I feel like authors intentionally write flawed plotlines and characters like that, just to increase "engagement" of the online audience.
I.E: People pointing out something is stupid? Much more comments, more "engagement", more algorithm, more front page!

Dex-chan lover
They are elitists from what I gather. Each of them has UnIque-rank skills and think that the MC owning a Unique-rank skill like them, but which they consider useless, is degrading their own worth, so they want to make away with the MC, so no one would dare belittle them by comparing them to the "useless" Unique-rank skill of the MC...
They should really spend there time looking for marbles - given they've lost all the ones they had.
(ba-dum-tss)

Users who are viewing this thread