Dame Skill [Auto Mode] ga Kakuseishimashita ~Are, Guild no Scout-san, Ore wo "Iranai"-tte Itte Masendeshita?~

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda of a dumb manga (the premise at least) and exactly like the comment above me.

The people in the manga (including MC) also seems to be pretty stupid (but they were probably written that way on purpose for the story) since they consider MC and his auto skills to be useless/incompetent when it's quite literally the opposite. Not only MC can do things without having much prior knowledge such as finding stuff in his vicinity (because his status window will show him everything) but his body even does them automatically (which even impressed someone higher ranked than him). All the while to him it happens in the blink of an eye because he basically falls asleep and goes ultra instinct to do what he assign his auto skill to do, be it extreme parkour for locating rare gems or even becoming UI Goku in his fights.

And also as a few fyi for some things:
  • The title is unnecessarily long and says stuff like calling MC a "scout" and he's "not needed anymore" all because of a brief flashback of what seems to be old party members using him as a scout and calling him trash, the typical cliche and whatnot.
  • MC also gains his ultra instinct auto battle mode when his auto skill reaches level 4, which honestly doesn't seem that difficult given what we see (at least in my opinion).
    • Yes, it took MC 3 years to get to level 10, but he also has no combat skills (since it seems you only get 1 skill) and is literally being portrayed as weak by the story itself. It's even implied he was soloing for most of the 3 years.
Overall I think it's a decent read, nothing exactly special (at least in my opinion) and story wise it doesn't really seem to stand out if I'm being honest. So personally I would rate this manga a 6/10 (Fine) for things like story and with critique. But I will say the art is pretty good and it does seem to be a fun read (I skimmed through volume 1 up to half of volume 3 btw), so for enjoyment I'll say this is around a 7 or 8/10 and I'll at least put this on my Plan to Read. Yes I find it fun sometimes to rate things every now and then, and I also try to separate enjoyment and story telling because sloppy story telling makes me drop them even if they have good art like Return of the Disaster Class Hero (god awful story in my opinion and trashy power scaling (dropped mid way on chapter 63))

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"...are a completely useless ability for both combat and making money!"
Again and again brain dead author try to make us believe there is a world where totaly over powered skill are seen as trash.
As if somethings like teleportation could ever be seen as useless just because you cant one shot a dragon with it...

I like this manga but my only issue with this manga/a lot of isekai mangas is The Generic Douchbag Antagonist.They are the laziest character personality and more and more athursare using them as a main antagonist.They make generic bandits look special. I get it's hard to come up with new ideasbut I wish they'd put a littlle bit of effort into it. Take Demon lord Clayman from Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken. He was a dick but at least he wasn''t generic.

I just have one question for this story. In chapter 32, it states skill menu is not visible to others. However in a previous chapter, Gaine was able to look at Clause Skill menu when Clause had it open. Did something change?

Dex-chan lover
I shall make the movie promo, here.

IN A WORLD...

... where shitbag bosses get angry for you doing your job...

... one dipshit who has shit for brains will try...

... to be ashamed of doing his job, while avoiding using any useful skill...

... Every Japanese trope that makes no sense will come to life!

This is how I imaging the preview would have to sound.

Honestly, it's a great concept, and I really want the MC to succeed; I remember not understanding my own strengths, and being mocked and belittled simply for not recognizing my own (meager) abilities in life.
I have an actual photographic memory, and it got me no love from peers, siblings, parents, and superiors... because a 9-year-old doesn't have a use for it! And the stuff you remember as a kid/teen is often inconvenient for others, lemme tell ya..
So... I get it; and I want the MC to succeed.
But...
It's a tough read, at times.

Depending upon how it hits you, it's either a 4/10, or a 9/10

Kinda fun and silly in early chapters, attempts to get serious by hitting you with every cliche you'd expect in a fantasy setting with RPG stat screens and such. Just another "I got a useless power and got bullied out of my party but then I was OP and nothing was ever a challenge anymore" manga. I get that not every story's gotta be a 10/10 flawless masterpiece, but can you at least put a singular new thing in the story? Only changing the way he beats up all the monsters and such doesn't fundamentally change anything, y'know?

Dex-chan lover
Kinda wondering why this doesn't have the harem tag when he's got his stepsister in complete and unabashed bro-con mode, a party-mate who is actually-a-girl-but-passing-for-a-boy being low-key tsundere for him, and a third girl with absolutely no sense of boundaries and has a scent-kink who's all-but going "You seem pretty strong - let's make babies!"

Dex-chan lover
Kinda wondering why this doesn't have the harem tag when he's got
his stepsister in complete and unabashed bro-con mode, a party-mate who is actually-a-girl-but-passing-for-a-boy being low-key tsundere for him, and a third girl with absolutely no sense of boundaries and has a scent-kink who's all-but going "You seem pretty strong - let's make babies!"

cause perhaps no one thinks the author is going to let that come to fruitation cause ya know comedy.
Though probably at the end, if the author decides to give him an AUTO-harem skill. And the next scene shows him in bed with every female shown in the series completed zonked out in satifised bliss. And then a following scene of every dude and his sister chasing him down with an axe.

Double-page supporter
I find that the enjoyment of this one goes up and down, it's probably going to be hit and miss for most people. It's not entirely bad but it also throws in enough tropes that it's not anywhere near always good.

There's probably too many minor things to comment on every one, so I think the main one I'll comment on is on of the ones that annoys me. It irritates me that regardless of how legitimately interesting they should all find this guy's ability and want to understand its limits, the only time anyone has actually attempted to find out anything about it they just quashed it as a dumb rumor story. Along with that is the need to constantly apply punishments for stupid reasons. I've never understood this form of comedy where a guy will be like "but i didn't do anything wrong" but because some girl (who fancies him) woke up on the wrong side of the bed, HAHA SUFFER. Oh but it's okay because she likes him, get it? Between these two things, everyone in this guy's life has made it their mission to squander his ability and they haven't contributed ANYTHING to helping him do better at not getting hurt or in completing his work more effectively.

Surprised more people don't like this. UI as a main ability + good art + decent enough characters makes this a lot better than most other isekai manga. Only real issue I have is the antagonist being extremely cliche, but most of the other attributes (save for the obvious things like yandere sister, game-styled leveling up stuff, receptionist who gets angry when MC brings in insane things to exchange) are unique enough that I don't feel tumors grow in my brain while reading it.

Dex-chan lover
I havent read yet but from the description, his skill looks like its useful, MC can be a instant message delivery guy, he can probably also deliver package if his skill allows you to carry thing. People in that world including MC has to be dumb to not even come up with something simple as that

This manga is stupid, don't recommend. Its just a loop of somehow winning an impossible odds due to cheat skill but let evil runaway and don't do anything to deal with it. This results in evil coming back with more sinister plan but somehow manage to prevail once again, and let the evil get away again to do more evil batshit. Pathetic and idiotic

Dex-chan lover
Fun read, also I'm quite surprised it made it to the 9th volume while the LN only has 5 and the WN 50ish lol

Users who are viewing this thread