Dandadan - Ch. 117 - Out of the Frying Pan

Dex-chan lover
That... I didn't expect... not the kuchisaki-onna wrecking the fools, but that she is a ghost from someone from Japan's bombings.

This series has no right to tug my heartstrings like that.

Anyway... Grade A Fisting.

Dex-chan lover
This series is just incredible!

I went from "Avengers were nothing" to "how in the world have I never noticed these space wars mirroring the HORRORS of wars in the past and present" to "oh my Lady-with-the-mirror". Like: HOW!?

I bow down to you sensei.

Dex-chan lover
fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already

Enough with these fucking twists and deus fucking ex machina and JUST FUCKING END THE ARC ALREADY.

Dex-chan lover
Enough with these fucking twists and deus fucking ex machina and JUST FUCKING END THE ARC ALREADY.
This wasn't really a deus ex machina-- more of a Chekhov's Gun.

Two, even:
  1. It was brought up in earlier chapters that the youkai protect the Earth from alien invaders.
  2. Momo was up past 10 PM while the bounded zone started to disintegrate and give way to reality, so it was a given that the Kuchisake-onna would find her.

Dex-chan lover
This wasn't really a deus ex machina-- more of a Chekhov's Gun.

Two, even:
  1. It was brought up in earlier chapters that the youkai protect the Earth from alien invaders.
  2. Momo was up past 10 PM while the bounded zone started to disintegrate and give way to reality, so it was a given that the Kuchisake-onna would find her.

Right; most of us have been expecting her to show back up at the worst time. We just expected it to be the worst time for Momo, not for the aliens.

Aggregator gang
It was nice to see the ghosts backstory like the mirror lady and ballet lady. It's like a reminder that they were a victim themselves.

fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already fucking end already

Just for you it's going to end next chapter but we're going to find out it was all a dream

Dex-chan lover
I wouldnt say this arc is trash but it really feels a bit stretched

Dex-chan lover
fat friend uses the pronoun "ore" .

page 2 :
- main boy : ... ayase-san ...

page ** :
- main girl : shrimp , go join aira ... , obaa-chan ...

page 18 :
- random girl : okaa-chan .

• slit-mouth woman / SMW : dropping bombs is not okay . but plucking off hands and feet is okay .
  • yo , your logics are twisted .

a reminder :
6 / 8 / 1945 is the day that USA dropped an atomic bomb on hiroshima , and before that , USA dropped many normal bombs on japanese cities .
8 / 8 / 2023 is the release date of this chapter .

and maybe the mangaka wanted to make a reference to the "Barbenheimer" phenomenon . SMW is dressing up like a barbie doll , lol .

some scenes of this chapter remind me of some scenes of the films avengers 1 , and avengers 4 : endgame , and the manga Doraemon's Long Tales VOL.7 : Noby vs. the Mecha Army .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread