Darashinai Onee-san wo Kaitai - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Boy, the answer is simple... just agree to marry her...

She's smart, beautiful and almost perfect once she drops the alcohol...

Dex-chan lover
Big sis works in the context. She's not his actual sister, but she's a big sis...

In many languages that call older women "auntie", especially in Asia, you'd consider an older figure as "older brother/sister" if they aren't old enough to be your aunt....

And in the Japanese, he's calling her "big sis"
Good old localization war. Good thing I already left scanlation.

Dex-chan lover
Good old localization war. Good thing I already left scanlation.
This isn't localization war... just correcting a misunderstanding. The person in question thought that the only word was auntie for older wo-

Oh, you were talking about the other comment... yah... I feel some people care too much for the original terms.... though to be fair, when I was a kid (and scanlation/translations were just being big), I also had the same idea...

I remember in the 90's watching a bad quality video of dragon ball fansubbed and loaned to me (before you could find it online)... I used to think Goku's name was "Son-kun" at first... but later then became a stickler....

Dex-chan lover
Like I've written in a previous chapter discussion, I try avoid using Japanese words except for honorifics because there aren't any equal words for honorifics in English. Even though there's not the same cultural use of big sister in the Western world as in Asia, it's still the same word. We don't know her name, and using lady would sound distant.
I think that for readers not used to manga or Japanese, using Japanese words would be more off-putting than using big sister. In the end I'm going to do it like this.
If that's your line in the sand then may I suggest that you try something that sounds less stilted, like "Big Sis".

(Edit: I see someone else has already suggested that. I second the motion.)

Dex-chan lover
Page 9 bottom (he, "bottom"): "What's behind that logic!?"
L-O-G-I-C... Huh, that's a funny way to spell "bottle"...
The bottle is only semi-transparent but we still get a peak.

Dex-chan lover
Page 18: "Please pick me up and make me your husband." Either she has a kink or that should be "wife"...

Dex-chan lover
Page 18: "Please pick me up and make me your husband." Either she has a kink or that should be "wife"...
No, she just realized that seeing as he's the one that would be doing all the housework while she would be working an office job, that he's obviously the wife.

Group Leader
Why do I feel like it's an MTL? I mean there is nothing wrong with it, its readable, but MTL often makes mistakes with pronouns like these few chapters were and often translate onee-san and such to english like older sister and such, but just edit it in that case, no biggie.

Dex-chan lover
I'm getting emotional whiplash from this story. At first it was "ha ha funny look at the drunk lady", then it became very serious and sad learning about her back story, but then it's immediately back to "LOL drunk and horny ha ha".

Aggregator gang
It's not much of a thing in English, but in various languages kids are more likely to address an older woman as 'aunt', rather than 'older sister'.
Wich language? Wich kids? Why would you care how other cultures kids call older women when the manga setting are in Japan?
Let the Japanese MC call her like a Japanese he is.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hell nah she brought a dude a real human heart . I cant just overlook that. Where did she find that? Who did she get it from? Did she kill someone? Who did she kill?! Perhaps someone that didn't accept her feelings?

There's a whole horror story hidden in here and it's being hidden by a big breasted drunk lady who offers herself in a cardboard box. I can never forget this now. I'll probably forget next week

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
author, there's no way a huge chested blonde would be dumped for being clingy. Someone would've put up with it by then

Dex-chan lover
author, there's no way a huge chested blonde would be dumped for being clingy. Someone would've put up with it by then
Idk, with how many people there are on the internet that hate on yanderes so much, even ones that don't turn violent, it isn't much of a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread