Daredemo Dakeru Kimi ga Suki - Ch. 39 - If You Want Change

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps it was too "vanilla" to make desirable effect. I mean, you cant deconstruct shit, if everything goes as per the usual "guy horny, but only for her, plus extremely possessive while he knows she is a slut, yada yada yada" There is kinda nothing to "deconstruct".
Yeah, although people are right Gotou never outright played the savior type, the story was going pretty generic guy is obsessive in love with the girl and eventually win her over because of that, with the extra that he would pull her away from slutty life due to his pure love, which of course he would prove by never having sex with other girls.

The threesome having negative consequences is way more interesting than what we were gonna get, which just to remind people, pres was gonna send the 4 great sluts to defeat Gotou but he would "win" by not having sex, plus the ugly bastart cheat ntr rape plot.

People talk shit about the retcon but the original was in no way better :dogkek:
I am hoping it doesn't devolve into inexperienced guy meets experienced girl who helps him get other girl by teaching him the ropes cliche
For real, if it's to go with such generic direction might as well not have retconned anything and retold the original story.

I do believe he will end with Agawa no matter what, we're just taking a very different path from what the original did.

Fed-Kun's army
Just thought I’d share this:
Whether you take this info as facts or not, tells you what Japan thinks about this manga. He realizes his libido is his driving force but it is a little late for that after the threesome he had. Given the footnote at the end we're probably going to have another threesome set up because the author wanted one in the first place so why not run it back. Thanks for the translation
Yeah... I just wonder why the f ppl are into this degenerate series with everyday red light district slut.. meanwhile Japan - childbirth ratio 📉

Last edited:
Group Leader
I guess some people really were expecting a watered down and slightly drawn out version of the h-manga.
I don’t know what the point of that would be, it makes sense that he ended up changing things up substantially inorder to make a story that’ll sustain interest for much longer; otherwise it’d just be some boring slop with a plot and ending that everyone already knows will happen. Basically what it was before the redux.

Dex-chan lover
I guess some people really were expecting a watered down and slightly drawn out version of the h-manga.
I don’t know what the point of that would be, it makes sense that he ended up changing things up substantially inorder to make a story that’ll sustain interest for much longer; otherwise it’d just be some boring slop with a plot and ending that everyone already knows will happen. Basically what it was before the redux.
I think originally that  was the idea, or at least the editor suggestion, people love to whine about the threesome, but just look at how the sex shenanigans stopped and the series got more serious for now.

Makes me wonder if the threesome wasn't more of a excuse, it's not that he wanted the threesome in itself, but that he wanted the story to take this direction and the threesome was necessary for it.

Like, if the author really only wanted to draw a threesome for the sake of a threesome, why did the sex shenanigans stopp? You'd think the story would instead go even  more degenerate from it, but instead it's taking the opposite direction and focusing less on the sex and more on the drama that comes from it.

At least that's the impression I get now that we're 9 chapters in the retcon :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry but all you're saying is nothing but personal opinion, also reminder that us western opinions are literally worthless, it's japanese readers who will tell if the direction is good or bad.

So unless someone keeps an eye on how well volume 4 sells then nobody can really say how well the manga is doing.

Like, really, if this is such a disaster then just stop reading and move on, I can't tell if you're trying to convince others or convince yourself that this version is really that bad, cause I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time you more or less said those exactly same words, unless I'm mixing you with someone else.
What is this cheap appeal to authority? Of course is my opinion, like it's your opinion saying it doesn't matter whatever we might think because it will depend on sales. I'm not trying to conflate quality with the sales of the manga in Japan like you are doing, I'm saying this has been going downhill since the author took the reigns from his editor and he is not capable of writing, that he should stop doing that. And the reason I am doing it is because I used to like this, it's a pity for me to see a such a wild and funny manga being sabotaged by its own author.

And why the fuck should I stop saying it? You can block me if you don't like what I say, feel free. Also you might want to block lots of people who are saying the same.

Dex-chan lover
What is this cheap appeal to authority? Of course is my opinion, like it's your opinion saying it doesn't matter whatever we might think because it will depend on sales.
Japanese author writing a story for Japanese people, you and others can argue all you want, you're  not the intended public, your opinion literally doesn't matter, none of us really matter because we're not the intended public.

And don't even try to come with strawman argument that then we shouldn't read x because it wasn't for us, because you know that's not what I meant, anyone is free to consume anything and give their opinions, but some things are clearly intended for specific public, so if it's not something made to appeal to you then you don't get to tell what the author can or can't do.

Hell, you don't get to tell what the author can or can't do period, you liking or disliking it is utterly irrelevant, you neither anybody else gets to decide who gets to write what and if they're capable of it.
I'm not trying to conflate quality with the sales of the manga in Japan like you are doing, I'm saying this has been going downhill since the author took the reigns from his editor and he is not capable of writing, that he should stop doing that.
"Wah wah, he's not telling the story I want so he shouldn't write at all!"

Do you even listen to yourself? Because that's how you sound, you have the braindead take that the mangaka should stop because you don't like it? Don't be a fucking spoiled entitled child, others still like it and only Japanese consumers will decide if the story will stop or not.
And the reason I am doing it is because I used to like this, it's a pity for me to see a such a wild and funny manga being sabotaged by its own author.
And again that's your opinion, not a fact, so it's downright absurd that you want the mangaka to stop because you don't like it, there's countless of people who like it, you don't like anymore? That's a shame, I say that unironically, but stop acting like your fun is the only one that matters.
And why the fuck should I stop saying it? You can block me if you don't like what I say, feel free. Also you might want to block lots of people who are saying the same.
I don't block people and it's not about that, my point is that if it's really that horrible, why bother reading? Why keep bitching about it? It only makes you and the other complainers look like you're either:
  • Don't like it but can't accept others can still like it, so you come evey single chapter to repeat the same drivel over and over again to try convince others
  • Or you actually do like it but don't want to admit after all the bitching, so you double down on the drivel as if trying to convince yourself
When someone really don't like something they do the obvious thing and stop reading it, you're not even reading it because it's fun to hate it for being stupid or something, you simply completely dislike it as a whole, what's even the point of continue reading if you dislike it that much?

Last edited:
after reading the comments I reread the chapters and thought about it more deeply, I didn't like the changes made at the beginning because it was too big a change from what was said in the retcon chapter

after stopping the idea I received at the beginning of the story, I can finally see where the story is going

As I reread the story, I was able to understand how important the baseball girl was to the story, changing the MC with her flawed thinking and overly high libido.

also, I want to point out that the editor would not have said yes if it was just to add a threesome in the story, this is an important fact to note, because as said here, he wants to make this manga is a success, I mean, it's not stupid

PS: i use Google translate

Supporter
If you guys stop putting the previous version in a pedestal you'll realize the new version is perfectly fine.
Exactly. Right before the retcon people were moaning and complaining about the stereotypical lecherous teacher trope, the "she's a slut but it's because of trauma and I'm gonna fix her" trope, and basically how it was clearly about to turn into an incredibly bland and boring story. Author-san recognized this and made an effort to fix it.

This version is way more interesting and takes the story in an otherwise unexplored and unique direction.

Supporter
I wonder what the eventual fate of the baseball girl will be.

Either she is gonna be a plot point to call out the problems of the protag's sex life, or she herself will end up joining in on their antics.
the-road-to-el-dorado-both.gif

Dex-chan lover
So what Agawa wants is to see Gouto being able to take control of his life and she realizes that he can contain the most basic instinct, now The question.
Agawa who drives Gouto's libido or is it Gouto who controls it?

And don't even try to come with strawman argument that then we shouldn't read x because it wasn't for us, because you know that's not what I meant, anyone is free to consume anything and give their opinions, but some things are clearly intended for specific public, so if it's not something made to appeal to you then you don't get to tell what the author can or can't do.

Hell, you don't get to tell what the author can or can't do period, you liking or disliking it is utterly irrelevant, you neither anybody else gets to decide who gets to write what and if they're capable of it.

Your lack of self-awareness is truly astonishing. You mentioned in an earlier post about people having a lack of reading comprehension. If you can stop stuffing words in other people's mouths for a moment, show me where they said that they get to tell the creators what they can do. And no, it isn't the part where they gave their opinion on what they think the creators should do.

You probably shouldn't be bringing up men made of straw.

if it's not something made to appeal to you then you don't get to tell what the author can or can't do.

Japanese consumers will decide if the story will stop or not.

:thonk::thonk::thonk:

Do you even listen to yourself?

Dex-chan lover
Exactly. Right before the retcon people were moaning and complaining about the stereotypical lecherous teacher trope, the "she's a slut but it's because of trauma and I'm gonna fix her" trope, and basically how it was clearly about to turn into an incredibly bland and boring story. Author-san recognized this and made an effort to fix it.

This version is way more interesting and takes the story in an otherwise unexplored and unique direction.
I can't help but wonder if the people complaining so much read the original, so they hate the change so much out of nostalgia for it :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Your lack of self-awareness is truly astonishing. You mentioned in an earlier post about people having a lack of reading comprehension. If you can stop stuffing words in other people's mouths for a moment, show me where they said that they get to tell the creators what they can do. And no, it isn't the part where they gave their opinion on what they think the creators should do.

You probably shouldn't be bringing up men made of straw.

:thonk::thonk::thonk:
What you said would have a lot more weight if for multiple chapters we didn't have people saying:
  • They can't understand the story anymore
  • That the author invalidated all that happened before
  • That the editor shouldn't have allowed the retcon
  • Attacking the author as a person
  • Wishing the manga gets cancelled
Among other things really, but I'm not in the mood to re-read all discussion to get everything.

You might think arguing the specific choice of words in the post I quoted or me using a straw man argument is a "haha gotcha ya" moment, except some people has been bitching constantly about it for multiple chapters, a few with some really bad takes, with one even posting Japanese comments complaining as proof the retcon was a mistake, only for some people to translate them and show it was nothing like that.

The only thing I do give you is that you made me realize I probably ended more aggressive in my post than I planned, and for that I apologize @mug3n :nyoron:

Double-page supporter
I'm not really all that unhappy with the direction the story is now going just wish the author would have been more forthcoming with and male it less muddy about what still matters from the previous chapters he didn't blend them together with the 3 way rewrite all that well

Dex-chan lover
Why would people who don't like the changes keep reading? Some people do like the indulge in things they hate but some people just like to analyze narrative. I don't care about the story anymore after the change but figuring out what this author wants to do with this story is still interesting even if I think its bad.

This chapter reads like a response to readers criticizing Gotou and the answer is "he's always been like this, boys will be boys." Which is... not an answer for how far in this story we are. If you wanted to play that card why create Big sis prez for this version and then basically write her out.

For everyone going, "this was just a rendition of the original" that was true UNTIL the Pres showed up. The original is just Gotou and Agawa fucking for over 100 pages and then both of them got suspended with some drama with the baseball bro. So when the prez came in this version with her motives and schmes that was pretty cool but now all of that doesn't seemt to matter.

Why should I belive Akito will be treated differently. What is even her deal. it can't be because she's a sank, that was dumb when it happned to Agawa, it'd be dumb with her to considering how this school is. I bet its going to be some dumb joke and might end another awkward threesome.

You could have had Gotou not have the threesome, have Agawa still sleep around, kept the prez involved, and created Akito all at the same time' but no we needed a threesome that just sperated the main characters awarkdly and not really fallow up on the implyed repurcutions of it. Its like the story wants to be take itself seriously while also staying its unserious self and the clean up after the revision has felt like a waste of time and the previous effort put in. And I want to see how and if he keeps doing it.

Dex-chan lover
In my defense @HawkGoggles, my issue is only with the people who literally come to just say how the retcon is terrible, a mistake, can't understand it, editor shouldn't have allowed it, mangaka should stop, hope manga gets cancelled and so on, that's it, nothing to actually add to the discussion, just pointless whining every single fucking chapter, at this point I wonder if some are complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread