Daredemo Dakeru Kimi ga Suki - Ch. 39 - If You Want Change

Double-page supporter
Don't like it but can't accept others can still like it, so you come evey single chapter to repeat the same drivel over and over again to try convince others
I will never understand how these kind of people think. Rather than spending their limited time reading something better, they come here to ruin the experience of people who came here to discuss.

Judging by how bland and generic most of the complaints, I bet some haven't read the chapter since the other timeline was certified dead but still hop in the thread every now and then to cry about it.

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand how these kind of people think. Rather than spending their limited time reading something better, they come here to ruin the experience of people who came here to discuss.
I understand some being disappointed with the direction the story took, but it's been 3 months already, 9 chapters with latest one, people need to move on lol
Judging by how bland and generic most of the complaints, I bet some haven't read the chapter since the other timeline was certified dead but still hop in the thread every now and then to cry about it.
Not sure it would matter if they read it, some already decided it'll never be good no matter what happens.

Dex-chan lover

I am fine with the author wanting to change things, but I am still feeling lost on the direction and these last episodes it feels like the author was padding as if to take time.
I am fine if is Agawa or the Baseball lady, but it feels like the author is spinning in its wheel, like someone writing in big characters to make the essay look longer.

Dex-chan lover
This series is scattered, inconsistent, pretty stupid, cannot make up its mind about what it wants to do or where it wants to go, and is regularly distracted from whatever it manages to briefly focus on by tits. It so perfectly captures the experience of being a horny dumber than dogshit teenage dude that it is kind of eerie.

Dex-chan lover
I am fine with the author wanting to change things, but I am still feeling lost on the direction and these last episodes it feels like the author was padding as if to take time.
I am fine if is Agawa or the Baseball lady, but it feels like the author is spinning in its wheel, like someone writing in big characters to make the essay look longer.
I'm sorry but I have to ask, what exactly you're lost about? Or rather, I ask this to everyone who is confused, not just you.

I ask that because you're not the only one who says they're lost, confused, don't know what in happening and so on, which in my opinion doesn't makes sense, let me explain why.

Originally the manga was supposed just a retelling of the pre-serialization story so I understand how some people had certain expectations, but even so nothing was promised it would be 1:1 adaptation, so changes were inevitable.

Then we got the retcon which really changed things a lot, I understand initial confusion since that is extremely rare to happen, but we're 9 chapters into it now,  what is the confusion about now?

Like, the manga is tagged as seinen, drama and comedy, I assume the tags reflect what is used in Japan, this was never meant to be just another generic harem romcom, which takes me to a important point, we can read a shounen, romance and so on, and make certain assumptions of how the story will go, but even then nobody really knows where it'll go, sometimes the mangaka surprise us by going into a unexpected direction.

With that into mind, the story was obviously more or less following the original, to the point of even repeating the ugly bastart teacher blackmail rape plot, but mangaka decided to throw all that away, now we're seemingly literally going into a completely new direction.

So again,  what is the confusion about? The whole point is exactly the fact that now we don't know where it's going, forget the retconned chapters, forget the pre-serialization, read the story completely for itself without having the old stuff in mind and it all makes perfect sense.

Really, how is that any different from reading a completely original manga where we don't know where it'll go in the long run? Because that's the point of the retcon in my opinion, mangaka wants to tell a new story, so putting the pre-serialization chapters or pre-retcon chapters in a pedestal as if they're the only wayn it can be doesn't make sense.

Dex-chan lover
I'm straight up inhaling copium with this alt timeline. I yearn for the day the author loads his savefile in chapter 35
It would be hilarious if this new timeline is all just one bad dream in MC’s head and we pick up where things really left off due to the bad ratings this new alternative timeline is possibly getting

Dex-chan lover
It would be hilarious if this new timeline is all just one bad dream in MC’s head and we pick up where things really left off due to the bad ratings this new alternative timeline is getting
Sorry if you meant it as a joke but I have to ask just in case, what bad ratings? You know Japanese and is looking into Japanese discussions or something? Cause I'm curious if you know something we don't.

Edit: nevermind, you said "possibly getting" instead saying "it's getting", guess that's what I get for lack of sleep :worry:

Edit 2: nevermind my nevermind, you did say that but edited your post :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
@Dragonknight50
Thought you was purposely talking shit that wasn't true, wouldn't have been the first time someone said it wasn't doing well in Japan due to the retcon without having anything to back it up :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
@Dragonknight50
Thought you was purposely talking shit that wasn't true, wouldn't have been the first time someone said it wasn't doing well in Japan due to the retcon without having anything to back it up :dogkek:
Well it has been dropping in the rankings yes to be in solid top 5 last I checked it was 14

Dex-chan lover
Well it has been dropping in the rankings yes to be in solid top 5 last I checked it was 14
Any idea at what chapter the manga was when the ranking happened? Wondering if it was right after the retcon or recent.

Would also be interesting if someone got how much each volume sold, to compare for when 4 comes out plus to see if sales were already dropping before the retcon :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Any idea at what chapter the manga was when the ranking happened? Wondering if it was right after the retcon or recent.

Would also be interesting if someone got how much each volume sold, to compare for when 4 comes out plus to see if sales were already dropping before the retcon :thonk:
It hasn't really dropped on till this chapter I think it's a combination of new ranchy competition and less sexual escapes between gotou and agawa that's kinda what carried this series in the first place

Dex-chan lover
It hasn't really dropped on till this chapter I think it's a combination of new ranchy competition and less sexual escapes between gotou and agawa that's kinda what carried this series in the first place
I feel that makes more sense than going down for being bad, as much as some wish that was the case.

Before the retcon the story was way more focused on comedy and sex shenanigans, so depending on where it's published and with what it competes with I do think it makes sense it would lose some popularity, after all I imagine many were reading for the fanservice and comedy, but now the fanservice was pretty clearly toned down, having more serious parts and the comedy kinda of changed a little.

Makes me wonder if this is going through a similar situation as Watamote did, it mostly focused on Tomoko suffering and cringe comedy, apparently not being as popular after a few volumes, but then around chapter 70 it pretty clearly went through a retool and now the manga tone is pretty different from before, seemingly becoming way more popular due to that.

So I guess it's more of a question if this manga will keep enough popularity to have time for the story advance and perhaps get readers, I suspect how much volume 4 sells might give us some insight on that, though since it's digital release the publishers might give the mangaka time to cook, not like pages are being wasted anyway :thonk:

I went through 4 pages in this forum and no one has actually discussed the chapter that it relates to and are just going for each others jugular. Stories changed, the manga is still serialized, no one cares if you leave, and nothing in this manga is that philosophically deep. I hope with the new direction over the next couple of chapters we get more of the fmc’s thoughts. Our MC getting a spine or some W’s on gyaru teasing would also be nice. Cause right now I feel like this mindset he has is narcissistic.

Dex-chan lover
I went through 4 pages in this forum and no one has actually discussed the chapter that it relates to and are just going for each others jugular. Stories changed, the manga is still serialized, no one cares if you leave, and nothing in this manga is that philosophically deep. I hope with the new direction over the next couple of chapters we get more of the fmc’s thoughts. Our MC getting a spine or some W’s on gyaru teasing would also be nice. Cause right now I feel like this mindset he has is narcissistic.
That's main reason I tell these people to just stop reading, the actual chapter discussion end up never happening because of them.

So let me start!
I think the story might go with Gotou realizing that even if he's not doing anything wrong, people will still judge him for his libido and for fucking around, I'm still on the fence if he will ever consider Akito as a girlfriend, but I do think he will at least consider what he actually wants with Agawa, because the truth is that so far he didn't think that much about it, in part because he's weak and keep losing himself into sex, so I do think in the long run he might try do more things with Agawa besides just sex.

One reason I think it might go that way is because before the retcon the story was a lot more simple and brainless, pretty much just focused on their sex life and comedy from it, Gotou was always portrayed as being too braindead when it comes to sex after all.

Users who are viewing this thread