Daredemo Dakeru Kimi ga Suki - Ch. 39 - If You Want Change

Power Uploader
I honestly can't help but find hilarious how some of you completely lost reading comprehension after the retcon, it's not really that complicated.

Agawa is still the love interest and story is more or less going in a new direction instead of being a repeat of the original pre-serialization.

That's it, nothing was invalidated or discarded or whatever, author simply changed directions a little, if you guys stop putting the previous version in a pedestal you'll realize the new version is perfectly fine.
Ikr, how hard is it, to skip 4 chapters or throw them away as influence in story.
As always, thanks Chekov for translation!

Dex-chan lover
Ikr, how hard is it, to skip 4 chapters or throw them away as influence in story.
As always, thanks Chekov for translation!
For some can be pretty hard and I understand that really lol, but we're at 9 chapters in the new timeline now, it's time to let go and accept that this is the story now, bitching about it evey single fucking chapter won't change that.

Don't like it? That's fair really, but people need to stop acting like the story doesn't make sense or whatever anyone says, cause it do makes sense and works fine, it simply is not retelling the original anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... I think I kinda see where the author is trying to go with this. I believe he's trying to deconstruct the sex-comedy it was before by showing the negative consequences of his actions and being "more realistic" and serious by not redeeming Agawa immediately just because he chose her.
I think it's going on this direction, to reduce the comedy aspect on behalf to being more dramatic and "realistic". If it works or not, we'll see. :thonk:
I don't disagree with the direction, but this author sucks at writing and cannot pull it off. And his editor should have known better instead of leading him into this situation.

As a comedy fails because it's not funny anymore, as a drama fails because nor the characters or the setup is believable. He looks like he does things as he feels like it.

This is a disaster.

Dex-chan lover
Just thought I’d share this:
Whether you take this info as facts or not, tells you what Japan thinks about this manga. He realizes his libido is his driving force but it is a little late for that after the threesome he had. Given the footnote at the end we're probably going to have another threesome set up because the author wanted one in the first place so why not run it back. Thanks for the translations.
But wasn't 4 the one with the revised chapters? Thats 300k of mostly 1-3 so I think we still have to wait and see if there's a drop off with 4 and 5.

Its not that I want this story to do bad but the people's problems didn't start until the latest volume.
I think the real question is when the volumes got released, did volume 3 come before of after the retcon? If we could find that we might get a vague idea of how people reacted to it.

After all if volume 3 came after the retcon then the sales would be affected if people hated it, at least in theory :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
I don't disagree with the direction, but this author sucks at writing and cannot pull it off. And his editor should have known better instead of leading him into this situation.

As a comedy fails because it's not funny anymore, as a drama fails because nor the characters or the setup is believable. He looks like he does things as he feels like it.

This is a disaster.
I'm sorry but all you're saying is nothing but personal opinion, also reminder that us western opinions are literally worthless, it's japanese readers who will tell if the direction is good or bad.

So unless someone keeps an eye on how well volume 4 sells then nobody can really say how well the manga is doing.

Like, really, if this is such a disaster then just stop reading and move on, I can't tell if you're trying to convince others or convince yourself that this version is really that bad, cause I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time you more or less said those exactly same words, unless I'm mixing you with someone else.

Dex-chan lover
I see the outline of a story here. It's hard to tell since the author made the retcon. Not sure if I still let it cook, seems like it's getting a little more serious or drop and come back to see what's happened when completed.

And as always thanks for the translation @Chekov

Dex-chan lover
I will resist
*5 minutes later
I cant resist :notlikethis:
To be fair we always knew from the beginning that it's Gotou dick behind the wheel, his brain is fighting for the wheel and sometimes even winning, but alas his grey matter is weak and spongy while his dick is strong and hard.

The last part was less gay in my head :worry:

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what the eventual fate of the baseball girl will be.

Either she is gonna be a plot point to call out the problems of the protag's sex life, or she herself will end up joining in on their antics.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what the eventual fate of the baseball girl will be.

Either she is gonna be a plot point to call out the problems of the protag's sex life, or she herself will end up joining in on their antics.
I can't help but suspect she'll end with Agawa friend since both like baseball, they're perfect for each other really :thonk:

Sex shenanigans can go either way though, hard to predict, Gotou feels she's suffering due to his reputation, so I think it's more likely they won't have sex.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the work is succesful because I'd like to see it through, but I don't understand what was accomplished with this and the previous chapter, it feels like is going in circles, is like whatever happened could be accomplished in a handful of pages.

Where is he going with this? Maybe I am making a mistake by reading it chapter by chapter as they come out?

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but suspect she'll end with Agawa friend since both like baseball, they're perfect for each other really :thonk:

Sex shenanigans can go either way though, hard to predict, Gotou feels she's suffering due to his reputation, so I think it's more likely they won't have sex.
In my opinion, how the author handles the baseball girl's story will be the moment of truth for this new timeline.

How she ends up will mark what the goal of this story is now.

Dex-chan lover
In my opinion, how the author handles the baseball girl's story will be the moment of truth for this new timeline.

How she ends up will mark what the goal of this story is now.
Definitely, so far it didn't devolve into another sex friend with borderline hentai plot, I hope it stays like that.

The interesting thing is that as someone else said above me, Gotou didn't have sex since the threesome, I've been getting the impression the story is trying to go away from the sex shenanigans a little, not that they won't happen at all, but it'll be less often and taken more seriously.

After the threesome it pretty much focused on the characters interaction with barely any mention of sex, at least I feel these chapters have been more serious than what we had before.

Dex-chan lover
but wasn't that better done when he stopped himself from doing the 3some and how he was gonna face the UB grape before the cut of the story.
Perhaps it was too "vanilla" to make desirable effect. I mean, you cant deconstruct shit, if everything goes as per the usual "guy horny, but only for her, plus extremely possessive while he knows she is a slut, yada yada yada" There is kinda nothing to "deconstruct".

Dex-chan lover
I am hoping it doesn't devolve into inexperienced guy meets experienced girl who helps him get other girl by teaching him the ropes cliche

Dex-chan lover
Man, if this series tells us anything, it's that hormones can be such a bitch to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread