Daredemo Dakeru Kimi ga Suki - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Don´t Get More

Dex-chan lover
I'm not going to lie - I was raised with a certain set of morals and I'm sure they are a bit old fashioned for my generation. Even today, the idea of sleeping around (sex friends / casual flings included) just fills me with all sorts of negative emotions - it's something I really detest the thought of. I'm not going to force my ways or preach that to others, but I feel like Lonesome George in a way. Perhaps I also feel what the MC may be feeling in this chapter - there is this whole world he didn't know about and a lot of people that you would think are proper (student council member - and even the other lady in the chapter, though of course appearances aren't everything but she looks more proper than gal) are just casually... sleeping with each other like it is a Sunday stroll. They are normal and I'm the odd one. I still feel like I'm doing the right thing - but I don't live under a rock and this manga probably makes me uncomfortable because it is shattering the romcom copium I've been breathing. Truth be told, I've been focusing on my career, trying to stay fit despite my desk job (almost have my 4 pack back) and I never really socialized a lot - it is honestly my weakest point. I didn't have time in HS / college, both working and trying to keep a decent GPA. At this point, reading what I have and seeing what I have in real life... do I even want to keep going? (Finding a partner that is - my will to live is strong and I enjoy my hobbies) I have some more thinking to do.
I kind of grew up with some bad examples of relationships thanks to my parents' divorce that kicked it all off, and as I got older and wiser I realized I may have been lied to or taken advantage of just to be on one's side, and I got tired of the constant tug-of-war after a while. Even when I moved into more stable living conditions, the family I was living with still had it rough, and I had grown depressed, stressed, and anxious while developing trust issues as more problems piled up.

Fast-forward years later, I'm currently living on my own, which is certainly peaceful compared to how I lived previously, but that can have its own problems at times. I have stuff going on even now, but I want to try to make an effort to improve my life, even a little. As far as romance goes, I have little hope for myself, especially with how likely divorce is and how I'd rather not risk getting screwed over while in today's woman-leaning society. I'd say you see more girls like this series' gyaru who go out with guys for the sake of sex and not for the commitment, and even if they did, they have their standards set veeeeery high. This one here may be one of the rare 'totally casual/friendly' types who can get along with just about anyone, but give her a couple years and she'll have commitment issues and won't realize how screwed she is until it's too late, and may go crazy like she's hinting at here. You almost pity girls like her at this point, almost.

As for you, @conquestking , while some things may be more common than they were a couple years ago, that doesn't mean it's okay to follow along, and compared to me, you're blessed with the family and its morals and values they drilled into you from birth. You have a better sense of what's best for you and you already have a healthy lifestyle going. Keep that up and focus on bettering yourself while enjoying your favorite pastimes. Even if you don't find the girl that's right for you, you have the skill sets to go far and live long in prosperity, things many of us would kill to have in these times.

And take mangas and other mediums like this with a grain of salt, because at the end of the day, it's a product made solely for entertainment purposes. It's fine to take away a piece or two from some media, but use your own critical judgement to see what advice is right for you. Best of luck to you and your endeavors.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of grew up with some bad examples of relationships thanks to my parents' divorce that kicked it all off, and as I got older and wiser I realized I may have been lied to or taken advantage of just to be on one's side, and I got tired of the constant tug-of-war after a while. Even when I moved into more stable living conditions, the family I was living with still had it rough, and I had grown depressed, stressed, and anxious while developing trust issues as more problems piled up.

Fast-forward years later, I'm currently living on my own, which is certainly peaceful compared to how I lived previously, but that can have its own problems at times. I have stuff going on even now, but I want to try to make an effort to improve my life, even a little. As far as romance goes, I have little hope for myself, especially with how likely divorce is and how I'd rather not risk getting screwed over while in today's woman-leaning society. I'd say you see more girls like this series' gyaru who go out with guys for the sake of sex and not for the commitment, and even if they did, they have their standards set veeeeery high. This one here may be one of the rare 'totally casual/friendly' types who can get along with just about anyone, but give her a couple years and she'll have commitment issues and won't realize how screwed she is until it's too late, and may go crazy like she's hinting at here. You almost pity girls like her at this point, almost.

As for you, @conquestking , while some things may be more common than they were a couple years ago, that doesn't mean it's okay to follow along, and compared to me, you're blessed with the family and its morals and values they drilled into you from birth. You have a better sense of what's best for you and you already have a healthy lifestyle going. Keep that up and focus on bettering yourself while enjoying your favorite pastimes. Even if you don't find the girl that's right for you, you have the skill sets to go far and live long in prosperity, things many of us would kill to have in these times.

And take mangas and other mediums like this with a grain of salt, because at the end of the day, it's a product made solely for entertainment purposes. It's fine to take away a piece or two from some media, but use your own critical judgement to see what advice is right for you. Best of luck to you and your endeavors.
Thanks, I really appreciate that and it does lend me some other perspectives. You are right that my family has been very good influence on me - but I also realize that I have a lot to learn about relationships and how to love someone romantically. I have zero doubt I can live with and help take care of someone like they are family, which is half the battle, but romantic love is also something a bit different I realize. You know, I realize that I may end up with a partner that wasn't chaste - I understand what matters is their attitude towards relationships and romance - however life isn't a computer system and I can't pull system info from a person's brain. I am going to find it very difficult to trust, especially the more partners one has had. The statistics show it, and common sense does as well - someone that has a loose attitude towards sex is probablly not going to have the right attitude to stick around for a life long commitment and is probablly going to cheat - there are exceptions but statistics are statistics. In the end, we are all taking a shot in the dark when meeting someone new, I guess.

I wish you the best of luck with your life, and the goals you've set out to achieve as well. I realize I am blessed in certain aspects, and talking the the people here has given me additional perspective that I hope will better me as I navigate this stage of my life.

Dex-chan lover
Is real life really like this? Am I saving myself for nothing? Am I just wasting my 20s looking and waiting for the right one? I don't think I should have started reading this manga but I can't stop. :shamihuh:
What is there to "save"? Your virginity? Why should it matter? Do it with who you love and want to be with. It may be the one, it may not. Sexual chemistry is just one aspect of a healthy relationship, but I've always felt it's stupid to put restrictions on yourself or to be restrained.

This is coming from some guy who's reaching his 37 years old without having ever had a relationship or making it to first base. (But I like to think of myself as a rather observant guy)

I can sympathize with your worries about promiscuity, but even my parents had ex-boyfriends/girlfriends before they had me. =/ Statistics are just numbers, they are sometimes representative of reality, sometimes not. It depends on how rigorous the data collection method was done and some other factors. My brother and sister both didn't stay with their first choice either, but they broke up and got together with their current partner. It is never that obvious or easy. As humans, we are all seeking happiness and eventually a partner with whom to settle down. You have to make your needs clear. Even my own parents sometimes don't get along and have arguments. But it never came to blows, insults or divorce because they prioritized the wellbeing of their children. They have been together for as long as I live and they're not that old-fashioned either. Gotta live in the times we're living.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What is there to "save"? Your virginity? Why should it matter? Do it with who you love and want to be with. It may be the one, it may not. Sexual chemistry is just one aspect of a healthy relationship, but I've always felt it's stupid to put restrictions on yourself or to be restrained.

This is coming from some guy who's reaching his 37 years old without having ever had a relationship or making it to first base. (But I like to think of myself as a rather observant guy)

I can sympathize with your worries about promiscuity, but even my parents had ex-boyfriends/girlfriends before they had me. =/ Statistics are just numbers, they are sometimes representative of reality, sometimes not. It depends on how rigorous the data collection method was done and some other factors. My brother and sister both didn't stay with their first choice either, but they broke up and got together with their current partner. It is never that obvious or easy. As humans, we are all seeking happiness and eventually a partner with whom to settle down. You have to make your needs clear. Even my own parents sometimes don't get along and have arguments. But it never came to blows, insults or divorce because they prioritized the wellbeing of their children. They have been together for as long as I live and they're not that old-fashioned either. Gotta live in the times we're living.
Thank you for the last paragraph. I am a bit traditional; I understand not many are chaste anymore but I don't think a random night out with someone will fill me with joy; if anything it will leave me feeling more empty. I'm a healthy young man but I have self control and I think (still think) waiting for the right one is worth it. OK maybe some of that is religious, but not much.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the last paragraph. I am a bit traditional; I understand not many are chaste anymore but I don't think a random night out with someone will fill me with joy; if anything it will leave me feeling more empty. I'm a healthy young man but I have self control and I think (still think) waiting for the right one is worth it. OK maybe some of that is religious, but not much.
Not at all. You may be judged for it, but remember, that's what you wanted. It's also up to you how you respond to peer pressure. You can choose to cave in, ignore it, or give it thought. Being your own man means being able to make decisions and stick by it, but do remember that changing your mind in light of new information is not shameful.

Dex-chan lover
Ain’t no way she fucking 52 dudes simultaneously and not having a laundry list of STDs.
Yea, high school girls have historically had the highest rate of gonorrhea and chlamydia, both due to being more susceptible to it when younger, and also being dumber about safe sex.

Be safe out there y'all 🥰

Dex-chan lover
This really needs to get past MC looking dead at the thought of sex joke, 4 chapters in and it's already getting more then annoying and repetitive.

Fed-Kun's army
Anybody have a link or name for that video/speech by ryuji iwashita? I really wanna watch it

Yeah , it's like He is just there to get Surprised 😲 Every time he hears something Drastic and Lewd. Seriously 😳 in this day and time , he should know how Some Gyaru acts and all still , it's getting repetitive.

another pathetic MC, but think this one are one of the worst losers. painful to watch

Users who are viewing this thread