Daredemo Dakeru Kimi ga Suki

The author decided to redo chapters 31-35 so that the threesome actually happens. With this my interest in the manga reached zero.

LBWBURI.png
Well that explains the quality drop.
From the prospective of the editor, I can kind of get where they're coming from as the original chapters were more character focused and somber to watch, with Ch. 35 ending with the teacher verging on raping the girl... but honestly that's the point, as dark as it was, it does give opportunity for the MC to shine beyond saying "I love you", that could easily give progress on the inner-conflict that Agawa has between settling down with a boy but not wanting to be hurt.

...while the rewritten chapters completely obliterate that development, as the MC proves himself to be hypocritical and no better than the other boys that are shagging her. The girl went back to fucking with her pseudo-BF, and we're introduced to this childhood tomboy gf that undermines the original relationship that the MC has as they both went on their merry way to do their own things.

Like, I get it, Akito's a cutie, and the President's a beaut. It would be a shame to just drop the either of them out of their potential, as much as it could've been a separate story like We Never Learn where each of the girls get their own ending, it wouldn't feel the same. And to be honest, I had the same feeling when I was reading Nagatoro when similar characters were put on the sideline in favor of the main ship, but it made sense there.

Senpai wouldn't just suddenly be chasing after Gamo-chan and President after he dedicated about an entire year and the whole series dedicating himself to Nagatoro, whom he likes. The story had a lot of build-up with a lot of reasons why he liked her, and it would be really out of character if he did start going skirt-chasing and ran off with other girls (as much as he could), which is exactly what happened here.

Honestly, the whole thing feels like a "What If" spiral out of control, there's no actual plot progression here a la Rent-a-Girlfriend as if the progress that we had made so far were reverted in favor of making the series a harem comedy.
There was so many points in the story that could've just gone back to the plot between Agawa and MC but just didn't, I read the series so there would be more detail of how he and her can get together than the original doujinshi version, not for there to be no plot to speak of.

It doesn't make any sense at all after the rewrite. MC's whole personality and motivations that existed in chapters prior to 31 were rewritten out of existence to make the threesome happen.

It's not like he couldn't have just written in a threesome naturally later if he really needed to, without turning the MC into a purely penis-brained retard. I also wish they would've continued the plot threads that apparently have been entirely dropped after the rewrite. Wouldn't make any sense for Agawa's sister to have a revenge plot now like was brewing originally. Was really looking forward to seeing where that was going, but fuck me I guess.

The editor should've beaten the mangaka with a bat instead of getting him the okay for this moronic rework.
I think Akito’s plot line kind of serves as a foil to MC’s frankly moronic and wishful thinking that Agawa will suddenly just like him out of the 50 (?) other sex friends that she has. I think it is good for him to see the alternative: you dont have to be with someone who is super unfaithful, you can have a loving relationship otherwise. So the story can go in 2 directions: 1. Akito, in which the MC finally realizes theres no ‘fixing’ people 2. Agawa, in which she realizes that she actually loves the MC because hes about to actually get a girlfriend without her

I think Akito’s plot line kind of serves as a foil to MC’s frankly moronic and wishful thinking that Agawa will suddenly just like him out of the 50 (?) other sex friends that she has. I think it is good for him to see the alternative: you dont have to be with someone who is super unfaithful, you can have a loving relationship otherwise. So the story can go in 2 directions: 1. Akito, in which the MC finally realizes theres no ‘fixing’ people 2. Agawa, in which she realizes that she actually loves the MC because hes about to actually get a girlfriend without her

I feel like that's not really something that needed to be pointed out though. He was aware of the difficult path he would face trying to pursue Agawa, and he chose it. Though after the rewrite, MC seems to have experienced total brain death. He chose to entirely throw away his principles and that whole dynamic he had with Agawa. So, when Akito is introduced, she's not even serving as a foil to Agawa. She's simply a bridge to get him back to a relationship with Agawa due to the problems introduced by the horrendous rewrite. It's like a get out of jail free card gifted to the completely undeserving MC. As things stand, he doesn't deserve Agawa. He doesn't deserve Akito. He deserves to be treated with dismissal by both. Yet, the direction the writing is heading seems to be rewarding him with both.

Option 3 seems the most likely to me: Since the rewrite was predicated on the mangaka wanting to draw a 3P, and they abandoned the plot thread that was started after the whole scene with Agawa / her sister in order to write Akito in, MC just gets with the both of them. (And potentially more.)

You guys deserve it, this shit was a shitshow since day 1 and you still insisted in reading this piece of shit, time wasted successfully, congratulations.

I'm out, peace.

Users who are viewing this thread