Darenidemo Dekiru Kage Kara Tasukeru Mao Tobatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

This what happens when you try to railroad your players, even if it is for their own benefit. They go off and be stupid. Too bad he can't just let a TPK happen.

Supporter
I guess the uploader use the wrong number? Also, that I'm all in for punching the loli. A lil bit of Ryona in isekai is a welcoming change

Dex-chan lover
So this is just going to be a frustrating story of the heroes throwing themselves in the wrong place but still succeeding because they're the heroes?

@Liver If it is, its a shit story. Can someone please spoil and tell me if its gonna be like this the whole story so I can decide to drop this or not.

Dex-chan lover
This hero is getting annoyingly stupid.
"I am training and enabling myself to help people, letting people who know what they are doing deal with the immediate threats well within their limits, instead of blundering in myself and risking both the entire future and probably going to end up causing more collateral damage if I somehow do succeed... Is this really right? I say nay! Let's go blundering!"

Up until this point it all made some sense at least, even the dragon subjugation, as those were supposedly going to be left alone to rampage for a while longer if hero didn't deal with it herself. But this one was on par of someone looking at a kid safely stuck up in a tree, hearing firefighters were on their way to save it, and then deciding to climb up to throw down the kid to "safety" yourself.

@liver @insanoking spoil me2 regarding that.

Group Leader
I see people complaining that the heros are too naive and just end up on the right place due to plot armor or whatever, but that's not the way I see things. The way I see it, it's Ares who is on the wrong, manipulating (or attempting to) everyone around him to achieve his goal no matter the cost, including torturing a creature twice, even worse the second time after he confirmed that she's capable of comprehending human language and speaking.

What would have changed if Ares had told the truth from the beginning to the hero? The truth about his high level, the truth about Toudou's low level in comparison to the monsters he wanted to fight, the truth about him not wanting to take on the job? Would he have been expelled from the party? Toudou seems to have a serious fear of men, but Ares never tried to see past that even after being prompted with Toudou's reactions. He just assumes the worst and rolls with it.

Toudou's group is not on the wrong here - they do not have all the information they need to understand the severity of the situation. Ares does, however, he refuses to share with them. Toudou was really smart in kicking him out of the party because, if he sensed Ares was hiding so much from him, then how could he trust the priest with his life during combat? And what about the night, when he'll be sleeping and vulnerable to whatever Ares must be plotting?

The way I see this story is Ares being an idiot by letting a group of kids run to their doom because he can't see others as anything but a nuisance.

Dex-chan lover
i think is good the hero goes into the forest and gets beaten, so it can learn that it is weak.

Double-page supporter
As a person who plays Dota 2, I'm not ashamed to say that when I get a team that intentionally ignores everything that I want to do to try to win the game, I have no qualms about giving up. You wanna act against your best interests when you don't know what's best for you? Leave me out of it.

That's what really frustrates me about the story. Not the hero's behavior. Not the priest being manipulative. The fact that the priest can be put in this truly awful spot and not just say, "fuck you, fuck the human race. You all clearly want to die, go fuck yourselves."

Most people aren't this willful. Giving up would be the relatable path for the story.

honestly.... the priest should just let the girls in the hero's party to die. Maybe the hero will finally learn wtf the priest was trying to warn him.

@YamiryuuZero what are you smoking my dude. Not enough information? The priest sent by the church who also provided the hero's team mates literally told him that the hero must level up or they will be killed before they can get to the demon king. How is this not simple enough? And if the priest revealed how strong he was, the hero might be discouraged or wonder if he/she is even necessary to defeat the demon king (the priest even realizes that even the other political people don't believe that he/she will which is why they just gave the hero a harem to get his/her genes). The reality is, this is a hero that is beyond naive and obviously has some psychological trauma's that he/she has never overcome.

This kind of hero would only become discouraged and super edgy if the priest beat the hero up to show just how under leveled he/she is.

Double-page supporter
@YamiryuuZero
All this is very much Toudou and his teams fault. She doesn't even try to dispel the appearance of her being a harem building deviant so no one wants to be his party's priest. They will actually ignore advice about their level and preparedness from multiple sources and get in over their head constantly. Toudou will meet up with people that are vastly more powerful then he is and rather than take the hint she will continue to level up in the worst possible manner.

Ares is no saint but he knows that even with how powerful he is the Hero needs to deal the finishing blow to the demon lord. He will also get jerked around by other parts of the church by making him make due with people who just makes things worse. There are many who simply decide not to tell him that Toudou is a girl even when they find out and never bother to course correct. At some point every person around him knows but they never tell him and there is literally a high level priest sitting in the wings who would join her but being a member of the church does not want to party with a deviant hero who seems to sleep with all his party members every night.

The church just constantly says "Oh were soo busy but here take some rejects and make it work. Remember defeating the demon lord is the most important thing! Just not for us."

Users who are viewing this thread