Darenidemo Dekiru Kage Kara Tasukeru Mao Tobatsu - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
the whole world knows that the mc is a woman
beside poor mc and all make fun of him ... and he is even a honest one ...

I still find it so wierd that Todou, a person from the modern world, is perfectly fine with bringing a 12 years old child to war.
Spica doesn't have any form of training , knowledge or experience. She is literally a normal girl. And yet, Todou is fine with her risking her life fighting monsters, killing them and dealing with gruesome injuries and even the death of her companions?
Ares and Amelia are different because they were born in that world, but one would think that someone from our world would be more reticent to the idea.
That just proves that Todou is still not taking that world seriously. She doesn't actually contemplate the possibility of dying, she thinks that she will naturally win simply because she is the "hero".

Dex-chan lover
> With that kind of plot @15, Remis, you were still beautiful... hahahahahahaha

> MC was just super serious character and eventually logical one. If you ask him about some math questions like this
1. 9x9 = 81 (below 1 seconds)
2. 213423234234 x 4656742 = 9.938569386333056e+17 (5 seconds)

And when, ask if Todou prefers a woman...
And got an answer he prefers a man.
His brain was overloaded and he got an headache for a week

Dex-chan lover
mc tells her that hero is a man and playboy. she confirms she is female, and "not playboy", she tells mc that hero isn't a playboy but doesn't tell that hero is a she? Such a flimsy excuse of a plot.

And that's where I drop this.
Miscommunication is either tragic or dumb.
This is dumb.

Dex-chan lover
that's a big ass lazy thing the author did to not tell the gender of the hero 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

at least make some excuse to make this dumb shit understandable

Dex-chan lover
@Knighto
@A31D31N
@kaminomikan
@Rukja
@Nunally
@Werebearguy

There is a legit reason for the MC not knowing that the hero is female.
In fact, most people think the hero is a man.
And it's not that dumb tbh. (it's just not explained that well in the story yet )

Every single hero in history so far has been Male.
So everyone assumed she was male until they were told otherwise, she is the first female hero ever.
Some of the higher-ups know that the hero is female, but being female is a disadvantage to the heroes growth ( women don't grow as strong per level as men )
So they hid the fact on purpose to not make everyone lose more faith in the hero then they already have.
This is why the MC did not know the hero was a girl.
He was never told the hero was female and just assumed that the hero was male like every other hero in history.
Its HERO and not HEROINE after all.

Considering the crazy priest would kill the hero for being a coward, he and other people like him could also consider killing her for being a woman if they believe the hero to be a failure.
The leaders actually blame her gender for her overall uselessness as a hero, which is supported by some pretty stupid plot points later on ( like lower growth per level etc )...
is it sexist? heck yeah, it is...
But it's actually pretty believable considering humans are sexually diverse where females are physically weaker because of biology.

This does however also have some pretty comedic side effects with her being a hero and all...
Let's just say....muscle isn't the only thing that grows with level for female heroes 😎

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal yeah, ofc there must be a reason for not being told when he was assigned, but spica discovered it, and didn't tell him when she is mc agent.
So as I said, a flimsy excuse of a plot.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal well @kaminomikan already explained, Spica not saying anything and no explanation (like the hero asking her to keep a secret at least), but we got nothing, so that's it's pretty much bad writting as it's finest.

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan

That comes down to Spica not understanding the issue and did not report the heroes gender, and only the conclusion she came too about the hero´s relationship with the girls.
Spica knows that the hero is a girl, and she assumed she misunderstood the problem the hero liked other girls ( being a playboy, instead of being a lesbian )
Takeing a child directly from an orphanage and expecting them to be flawless spies is a recipe for disaster.

Also, I could be remembering wrong, it was a while since I read the novel but I think the hero was referred to as "they/them" or "the hero" and not he/she when others talk about them.
IIRC It was actually a pretty big plot twist for her to be revealed as a girl.

@Knighto

True, but you have to remember that Spica´s reports always goes through a middleman before it reaches the MC and that she is a little girl who is prone to mistakes like everyone else.
It's possible that she did say "she" instead of "he" when making the report but that it got lost in translation.
Not to mention we were not shown the heroes explanation at all and just the outcome of it.
(it's possible that it was explained properly and they just did not show it to save space, I would have to go and re-read the novel to make sure though... )

IMO that doesn't make it bad writing anyway, but at the end of the day "bad writing" is about a person's feelings and expectations about a story and comes down to a case by case basis.
So it could just be that we have different standards when reading.

@Goldenzeal

If there was an actual explanation why the kid and/or the secretary girl didn't exactly specify the Hero being female, and instead gave those vague "Hero is not a playboy" details, then I would believe you.

Until there's an actual excuse,
I.e.
The secretary was in on the Hero being female and she didn't want to say but had to give a report so she just used vague details.
Or
The kid wanted to keep it a secret because the hero's party asked her to.

...then this is just dumb

Dex-chan lover
@A31D31N

So I take it that the fact every other hero in their history have been male and the fact that the government intentionally tried to hide the fact she was female wasn't good enough for you then?

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal that reason doesn't work, because the priest pretty much work for the church (government), so he wouldn't talk and as the strongest source of support he needs to know everything about the subject to make the rational decisions that is his strong point (also guy isn't a playboy so it wouldn't affect him on how he approach the hero)

so yeah, we're still not convinced the author didn't f*ck up.

also thanks for the polite answers.

@Goldenzeal

I appreciate your polite answeres, but I might not be getting my point across you.

Basically. Considering that finding out that the hero is female is obviously surprising, why did the little girl or the secretary not specifically say that the hero was female?

1. Was it because the secretary knows but keeps it from the MC?
2. Was it because the little girl kept it a secret because the hero and her friends said so?
3. Was it someone else that got in the way of the report?

One of these questions are just some that need an answer.

Only those two people were presently known to be giving information to each other on the matter, so the government isn't the direct factor here unless the 3rd question is answered with a yes.

But none of these questions have been answered.

What you're explaining is just "X event is true because of plot" without actually connecting the event with plot through interaction.

Users who are viewing this thread