Darenidemo Dekiru Kage Kara Tasukeru Mao Tobatsu

I was kind of jazzed initially for this alternative take on an isekai. Getting to see the heroes journey from a different perspective is kinda neat although the excuse of having to hide his level is pretty weak considering it's a common trope in JRPG's to get one higher level character early in the game to help out when still low level.

My interest was quickly lost though as my patience dwindled with every problem being caused by a simple lack of communicatio (I am aware that this is a choice made by the author to drive the plot/drama). Maybe this series will stick around long enough to make it past these early growing pains and we can get the answers to why every one acts like a chuckle fuck.

P.S. the fact that the female priest refuses to join the heroes party cause she knows she'll be nonconsensually added to the harem is icky and I want MC priest to use that mace of his to neuter the hero.

the hero in this story is infuriating. in other stories, yea the hero will be harem seeking, but he wont be a complete piece of crap who thinks hes almighty, and the fact those 2 dumb btches next to him dont try to convince him with reason they just support him because "daddy said so", dont get me wrong, mc has flaws as well, but he is just a realistic ahole, corrupt but still faithful, but at least hes not bland as fk compared to the other 3, havent seen much about new girl yet so i cant give much of an opinion on her.

This isn't a spoiler so much as speculation
I have to agree that the hero is most likely female. It's why the swordswoman and mage don't mind sleeping with her, it's why the hero jumps every time the priest touches her, and likely the thing the mage didn't want to tell the priest about (because she figured he'd snap).
There's a bit more to this story than just a shitty hero.

Dex-chan lover
Priest got a Konosuba party? Great. 🤣

Btw. Ares thinks his approach is smart, but it is not. He should do like Trashero does: Beat the hero into a pulp and stay in the party as the boss.

A white knight with little to no adaptive brainpower.
Personally respectable yet despicable.

Dex-chan lover
After reading till Ch.12, this is my review:

Everyone in this series is a dick but none of them are dicks for no reason. There are very personal reasons as to why they all act that way, which leads me to believe that every major character here is, in some way, emotionally broken. It's very human and I recommend the series simply because of the nuances and subtlety you can guess from their behaviours.

They are not perfect healthy people. They are people with traumatized pasts and are reluctant to talk about it and thus, unable to heal. It's annoying when reading a story but it's also sad when you notice.

Fed-Kun's army
Blender you say?! I see you are man of design (✿◡‿◡)
Good luck with your project. Also try Unreal instead o(*^@^*)o

Can this playboy hero go f himself into oblivion, I get they are intentionally making him stupid but god he just needs to go die.

@MolaCola 8 to me is a series of exceptional quality, nothing truly outstanding but still "very good", and this is a very good series. 6 is just a "yeah its fine, meh" kind of series and this is very much not that.

Dex-chan lover
@ConstantErasing oh ok
ye
when i think exceptional i do think of outstanding
this in my eyes is more of a it has interesting things
but really nothing interesting about the execution
while i dont agree with the 1 spams i think the overall rating is right where it should be
-btw i started reading this cuz of your comment, was gonna ignore this initially

Light novel gang, just how much are you guys enjoying these comments? I expected way more simp army hatred of our boy Ares to be honest; on the other hand, I'm glad the manga gang appreciates japan's #1 action priest appropriately!

@MolaCola Well glad to hear my comment influenced at least someone. If this is a 6 in your book then that's fine, taste and even quality are ultimately subjective and all. To me the characters are engaging, distinct, and unique enough to be exceptional, the plot isn't anything special but its got nice twists with solid, but still somewhat subtle, foreshadowing, and I appreciate the bit of genre subversion it has going on with the hero's attitude. Maybe my standards have just been lowered by all the trash I read, but I still think that puts the series as rather exceptional, and honestly I just enjoy reading it, no strings attached, which at this point is enough for it to earn an 8 in my book. It definitely doesn't deserve higher than that atm, and if pressed I might put it more in the 7.5 area, but again taste is subjective.

My biggest gripe with its rating is just in comparing its rating with a lot of other series I've read that were worse in nearly every single way yet were getting ratings in the 7-8 range. Hell, I've found plenty of series that are utter trash that rated higher than this, sometimes significantly so.

Users who are viewing this thread