DDoS Attack Causing Slow Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Use VPN with Japanese server, it's relatively faster.
Currently im using hoxx vpn (firefox add-on).

Dex-chan lover
Weird, for me it's not only the images that are loading slowly, but the whole site too (including this page)

I wanted to ask about it too.. I tought it was me only... Glad to find out Is no an issue with my net... XD

Switched to a Japanese VPN and the site works fine now.
I just hope that the DDoS ends soon since I don't have a VPN on my phone.

Dex-chan lover
@havelmom Maybe it's KM. Their ads were loaded with malware, so perhaps it was all meant to build the botnet for ddosing.

Contributor
@DarkDooM - Turn the website under temporary moderation (registered users only) can be a good solution till the ddos lose strenght.

try changing the dns ip server adresses or redirect the traffic flow over your provider.. i dont know how legal sites as mangadex are otherwhise i would have long reported this to CERT

Dex-chan lover
Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but can't we just block the IP of whoever is DDoS-ing the site?

@gouder its a ddos attack that means hes attacking with several thousands ip adresses and that would be an endless circle of blocking ip adresses which wouldn work well

you can search the ip adresses over google but all you would probably find out that hes using a proxy and hides his ip adress

Fed-Kun's army
Any reason as to why using vpn makes the load faster?
I don't really wanna rely on it if it would put more pressure on the server though.

Group Leader
@gouder There's also the possibility someone uses a backdoor on many potential users of Mangadex.
You'd be surprised of how many weird softwares you can download that hold hidden features which can be used for DDoSing.

It's not as nasty as some other malwares, but you often wonders why there's so much packets getting out of your computer while you just booted your computer.

Y'all seem to think mitigating a DDOS attack is simple, depending on how big/complex this DDOS attack is, it can take several days to resolve, unless the attacker just stops. Here's some further reading for the unaware..

https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/

@421cookies , so uh... dDos is like a Internet traffic jam and someone is deliberately making that jam by sending too much packet ( in this case Car / Vehicle ) , and VPN is like Long route or route that is further than Direct line ( for example High Way ) , and currently that Highway is jammed by this dDoser , so as why VPN is much faster is because the Long Route road / Detour / VPN currently is not jammed by any packets ( Vehicle ) ,

currently right now its..
The Long Route / Detour : Much faster cause theres no traffic jam
Highway / Direct Line : Jammed

Edit : sorry if you dont understand , im a Computer Technician and Networking Engineer and Technician so if you dont understand , i add some little bit common word there

For my understanding a DDOS attack is like if many people call your phone constantly, so you can't use it at all.

Fed-Kun's army
@Serelanordir I got the logic but, from what I know VPN is only middle man of the network so rather than loading directly from the site, the VPN load it first into their server and then you load it from there.
Since DDoS basically makes the targeted server slowed down by using up their resources, in my logic then the VPN would just load the data from that slowed down server and so produce the same result.
I guess I mistaking something huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread