DDoS Attack Causing Slow Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
10 hours isn't so bad as DDOS attacks go. In the meantime, lots of translation teams host pages on their own sites - which are easy to reach since everything but the image server works fine.

@Drifter Yeah, this isn’t a terrible DDoS attack, but some scanlators do NOT have a decent reader on their site. And I’m not sure anq has a website (could be wrong though)

Contributor
It might not even be a DDoS... it could just be Cloudflare dropping MangaDex due to fact that it has to serve so much bandwidth for the site. And if that's the real issue, then MangaDex would have to either shell out a load of cash (possibly in the thousands) to bring the site back up. The other option would be to move to a different host that can serve very cheap bandwidth.

im having a very painfully time trying to load any thing if it loads, its been2 hrs now and the page is not even 10% loaded with the images

Supporter
@MooPoint I don't think Cloudflare would do that without giving any prior notice to Mangadex, especially after they just upgraded the servers and everything

Is this a DoS attack of just a DDoS attack?

B4 you ask: The difference is one attacker (DoS) or many attackers (DDoS).

@TK4096 If it were a DoS attack, which means it's from one source only, this post wouldn't have been made in the first place as blocking that IP would end this. I'd have to say this is a DDoS attack. Other than that i'm not informed of the details pertaining this attack.

More popular = more attack.

Maybe someone seeing the business opportunities from the attack.
Let's imagine that 80% of the bandwidth is being used by the attack, the webmaster should upgrade the service and the vicious circle is going.
See the DDoS heatmap, it is all coming from Europe, what the heck is happening in Europe?
Don't they have regulation for it?

@kevinmul I'm guessing most of the botnets are in Europe then. We have regulations here regarding activities like DDoS and botnets but unfortunately it takes time for law-enforcement to take down a botnet. What especially makes it harder is that they have to co-operate with other law-enforcement from other countries which all have their own rules and regulations.

It's basically a clusterf*ck when it comes to cross-border investigation...

Site works fine except for the pictures here in TX, USA.

Playing video games while waiting for a chapter to load took about an hour. My constant inhalation of Manga is causing me to have withdrawals now.

Please Mr ddos man I need my fix. Sthap

This site is incredibly slow for me the last week.

My internet speed is 20-50 mb/s. and i made my computer myself, I'm pretty confident it's not on my end.

Dex-chan lover
stupid script kiddies think they're 'hackers' lmfao
this must be by the same retard that was issuing death threats
this is the extent of his autistic rage 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread