Dekisokonai no Himegimi-tachi - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - My Mind Went Blank

Dex-chan lover
@exile650

Yuri tend to lean something more hardcore instead a softcore.

You can see the same on Yagate kimi ni Naru (Bloon into You), while Citrus since both already on bed and technically an incest its a Yuri

Dex-chan lover
The blame thing got a tad excessive, but regardless this type of "drama" is much more palatable.

Nice and cute, even slightly uplifting.

@exile650

Yuri tends to get used for more intimate girl-girl relationships. Before that point the tag 'shoujo ai' is used. Literally, 'shoujo ai' means 'girl's love.' It's almost entirely a Western tag, as the phrase in Japanese has more morally objectionable meanings. It was adopted as the female counterpart to 'shounen ai' or 'boy's love,' which *was* used in Japan for non-sexual boy-boy relationship stories, but was eventually dropped for similar morally objectionable meanings.

Dex-chan lover
When I see "My Mind Went Blank" I had a different thought and I'm glad it didn't turn out to be it.

Dex-chan lover
I love this story, honestly. One of the better friends-to-lovers yuri recently. Cute and funny with just enough drama to keep it spicy (I don't like too much drama, personally).

@2AR2 Actually, yuri is (or at least WAS) the only term for a lesbian relationship in a story. The term "shoujo-ai" was actually created by overseas fans to differentiate the 'level' of yuri in a story (because for some reason some people didn't like hardcore yuri and wanted some way to filter that out). There never were different terms for types of "yuri" before, if it was lesbian then it was just yuri.

@Nermie01 Oop, I guess I didn't explain that well. I'm aware that the term shoujo-ai is a Western creation, but reading back my comment I guess it could be read it was just used way more often in the West than in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread