Demon King of Phantom Thief - A Betrayed Thief Reigned Over the World - Ch. 1.1

Dex-chan lover
Ah, the tired trope of an idiot hero party consisting of the simpleton hero, the brainless brawn, the obligatory dolled up bitch, a cute and kind girl with no apparent flaws, and the boring protagonist who does the real heavy lifting (literally, in this case). I wonder how this is going to innovate on the formula to stand out from the usual schlock. Demon King had a cool design at least; you don't get cool old dudes as the bad guy very often, either because they're a fake final boss or they suddenly become young and generically attractive. Good on the Demon King for keeping his cool old man look up until his pitiful death to a fodder "hero" party.

Dex-chan lover
Hold on, isn't this that "MC is a thief class and gets betrayed" WN that was pretty much abandoned back in 2020 after the LN adaptation flopped really hard?

It could also be that it actually ended and I didn’t notice, as I dropped it out of frustration, lol.

I'm talking about a certain WN with an infuriating Thief Class MC who became Demon Lord after being betrayed, with a stupid "No Human Killing" rule, which drives the story in frustrating directions, yet things always work out in his favor, and you could 100% notice the author's poor writing skills. Overall, the story was heavily carried by the side characters.

I guess the publisher wants to give it another try, as we are currently seeing a surge in adaptations of this kind of work?
To be honest, with heavy editorial interference, the story does have a bit of potential.

OR, I could be thinking of a different WN.

Dex-chan lover
i-know-this-has-been-discussed-in-the-series-but-do-you-v0-kryp2t7z90fc1.jpg

is it too much for a man to want a isekai that is out of the norm? some fucked up good shit like homunculus, ichi the killer, paradise hell

do anyone know any of those?

Staff
Super Moderator
this is only less than half of chapter 1???
bruh :pepehmm:
I changed it to ch. 1.1 for now
since the group split the chapter on their own, I'll change it back to 1 and update the chapter when ags releases the second part

Supporter
Please don't tell me that he was only given the coat as an excuse to accuse him later...
20240720053115-1b228a84.png

Dex-chan lover
really like phantom thief stuff, but this doesnt look too intresting so far

Dex-chan lover
people entering a generic ass story and complaining about it being generic 😦

funny how the synopsis doesn’t even cover ch1 why are these intro chapters always split up now lol

Dex-chan lover
Who wants to bet that the girl gave him the cloak so they can kick him later?... I distrust the "good party member" the most

Dex-chan lover
Hold on, isn't this that "MC is a thief class and gets betrayed" WN that was pretty much abandoned back in 2020 after the LN adaptation flopped really hard?

It could also be that it actually ended and I didn’t notice, as I dropped it out of frustration, lol.

I'm talking about a certain WN with an infuriating Thief Class MC who became Demon Lord after being betrayed, with a stupid "No Human Killing" rule, which drives the story in frustrating directions, yet things always work out in his favor, and you could 100% notice the author's poor writing skills. Overall, the story was heavily carried by the side characters.

I guess the publisher wants to give it another try, as we are currently seeing a surge in adaptations of this kind of work?
To be honest, with heavy editorial interference, the story does have a bit of potential.

OR, I could be thinking of a different WN.
That sounds horrible

Dex-chan lover
i for one am quite excited to keep reading this i dont care if its "generic" or whatever its entertaining regardless (at least to me)

Users who are viewing this thread