Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell! - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - A Promise

Prediction of how the next chapter will go: Kurumi runs in between Naoi and her father, hits him or shoves him away and then runs away with Naoi. Then maybe they will talk about this, but maybe Naoi will try to brush it off or she will tell Kurumi that it was her dad. They proceed normally with their date. After the date, knowing Naoi's home situation, Kurumi will offer to live with her.

Dex-chan lover
I think the wording is kind of off between Isanuma and the teacher when talking about the date. Isanuma saying "in exchange for" makes it sound like the teacher did her a favour, but in thinking about it, I'm pretty sure she did the teacher a favour by letting him keep this quiet from her parents so it won't reflect badly on him, and in return for her letting him keep quiet, she wants a date with him. But it initially sounds like he's done the favour to her, so it's confusing that he's promising a date when he's the one doing the favour.

I had to overthink that to get it to make sense, sheesh.
It is grammatically correct the way it is, but I suppose "Since I'm keeping her hitting me quiet from my parents, you promised we could go on a date." would be a bit clearer that Isanuma is only keeping quiet in order to buy a date with the teacher.

Last edited:
And finally Azuma. She's secretly been an important character since chapter 1. There was a ponytail shown when Kurumi was shoplifting. And in chapter 3 Azuma seemed very wary of Naoi. So she might've seen both Kurumi almost shoplifting and Naoi recording the whole thing. In the background we've seen her growing nervousness of Isanuma's increased animosity toward Kurumi. Her increasing isolation from her friends, like when she was left out of karaoke in chapter 8. But she still tried to be a good friend in chapter 10 by trying to stop Isanuma from doing something to get herself in trouble, even though Mine was conveniently nowhere to be seen and did nothing to help. And how Azuma has some choices to make. Mine and quite possibly Isanuma are likely mad at her for telling Sensei about Isanuma bullying Kurumi. And to make things even worse, she finds out that Mine was a manipulative liar and rumor-monger all along. And then that same liar trying to shame her into silence. Only to take yet another blow when Isanuma turns out to be a hypocrite who happily dates Sensei after treating Kurumi like absolute trash for thinking she did the same. Isanuma's animosity was out of jealousy, not because she looked down on the behavior. But there is hope. Mine doesn't realize that Azuma has a hidden Ace up her sleeve if she chooses to use it. To go to Naoi for help. After all, who better to get evidence than the person she saw filming someone shoplifting? Fight fire with fire.

Some thoughts about Azuma:

In the karaoke scene, neither Isanuma or Mine helped Azuma to open the door which reflects her lowest position in the interpersonal dynamics among the group. Also, her attitude towards Kurumi is mild in contrast to the hostility exhibited by Isanuma and Mine.

My guess is that Azuma may be one of Kurumi's childhood friends. In Kokoro's memory depicted in Chapter 7, there is a double ponytail girl standing next to Akane, which matches Azuma's description. Also, Azuma's sense of guilt arises when she realizes that she had mistakenly believed the rumor spread by Mine. Further increases the possibility of her being one of Kurumi's childhood friends.

That being said, Azuma may simply be a kind girl that unwilling to hurt her classmates. We will see.

this was really good i hope they become even worse together, thanks for the translation !

Dex-chan lover
Damn I hope this blond bitch and that pedo teacher gets into an “accident” on their date, so the world Will be free of them. Hell they Can even take that other bitch girl with them for all I Care

Dex-chan lover
I like the direction this is taking, Kurumi refusing to apologise for the shit she went through is a good sign that it wasn't just a one time thing, also I think of all the characters I hate the teacher the most, the author perfectly portrayed the "don't wanna make waves, see? I'm nice, aren't I?" kind of limp wristed teacher that tolerates abuse under the pretense of keeping peace

Can't wait for the next chapter, thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
This manga is a mess and I'm here for the ride! :lol: I didn't expected this to be THIS good. Noice:smugnako:

Fed-Kun's army
The first page having a completely different tone from the rest of the chapter...
I hate how Kurumi is constantly stuck in terrible situations
Please I just want her to be happy 🥺

Double-page supporter
It's nice we are finally getting Kurumi protecting Naoi, as a change from the dynamic of Naoi being the instigator and Kurumi being someone who doesn't know how to object to anything. We also have multiple characters reflecting about who their friends are, their own actions, and how they want to relate to people in the future, mixed in with a "I'm dating a student" arc from the weird teacher. You'd think he'd realize having a student bragging about dating him isn't going to go well for him.
Well, everyone's so used to doormat Kurumi that they didn't expect her to call everyone else out. Though things could get more interesting from here. Kurumi was basically loitering out at night in her school uniform. Possibly could be mistaken for schoolgirl prostitution. And she may have just beaten up Naoi's dad, which I'm sure he'll play the victim if so. So the teacher could be in for a world of headache. There's no way he can hide all of this.

What I'm getting from this is that we're getting. Kurumi's absent parent delinquent arc now. Exciting things in the future, like beating up alcoholic dads who are twice as big as her.

Though more seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if she passively lets herself take the hit to shelter Naoi and then comes to the conclusion that it was better than seeing someone else get hurt, given that that's her specific trauma, and Naoi will probably have a lot of guilt for not being able to keep the abuse in the family. From what we've seen, the teacher would just blame Kurumi for being hit and avoid mentioning it to anyone who might have a problem with it, but maybe Naoi gets blamed somehow.

The other possibility I can think of is that the dad is confused enough that Naoi has someone who wants to protect her that he hesitates and Naoi gets them to run away before it escalates more.

Group Leader
COMPLETELY baseless conjecture about mystery woman again but I’m still leaning towards her being someone Naoi knows from work since she’s not in a HS uniform on the ch.11 color spread. Assuming that, since dad was making a scene at her job earlier (peak asshole behavior), mystery lady maybe planned to sort of check on her later and ends up running into Kurumi jumping in front of Naoi to take the hit for her, then maybe helps the girls get away. She could be some sort of mentor figure for Naoi, and perhaps knows she isn’t supposed to be working part time, but lets her anyways because she knows her home situation isn’t great. Probably pretty unlikely tho this is ENTIRELY a vibes based prediction lol

My other best guess would be she’s one of Naoi’s relatives (older sister?) and happens across them. This is probably the most likely… I do think she’ll pop up next month though since there’s three chapters left in the volume and her being on the color spread would imply some significance in the story.

Kurumi offering to house Naoi for the summer (at least) certainly isn’t a terrible idea; I doubt her dad would be the type to call the cops on his daughter going missing considering how abusive he is. His reaction to her coming home bloody and bruised was “lol ur a girl tho”. Unless Kurumi’s mom came home unexpectedly they’d prooobably be fine. It’d be fun to see Kokoro’s reaction to Naoi living with Kurumi if that happened though lmao, not that I crave the drama or anything (I absolutely do). Could also be a good time for Kurumi to see the burns/scarring on Naoi’s arm. I think the only other time she may have seen them was when they were fighting at the end of volume one, but she was probably way too emotionally distressed to notice.

Naoi being so desperate to go meet Kurumi was really sweet! just wish it hadn’t happened in the context of her dad being a fuck stick lol, but still, sweet. Likewise Kurumi being so anxious to see Naoi again; hopefully they can keep things in a healthy spot and not get too overly reliant (ie codependent) on each other.

It is good to finally have the names for the full mean girls trio; they’ve technically been in the bg since chapter 1. I’m not totally sure it’s Azuma in the store in chapter 1, just because her hair seems to be more of a side pony situation but it definitely could be her, and it would be pretty interesting if she reached out to Naoi about Mine and Isanuma. I think it’s a bit odd no one mentioned Naoi in the whole affair, since while she wasn’t directly involved, she did cuss out and shove Hotta out of the way after Kurumi popped off in the classroom, with the latter in tow. Maybe there will be repercussions for her later, but to be fair the main drama was clearly with Kurumi and Isanuma.

Lowkey would love for Kurumi and Naoi to end up planning to bust Hotta and Isanuma based on info from Azuma. It kind of makes the English title make the most sense; Kurumi’s mom’s twisted abusive ‘love’, Kokoro’s unrealistic stifling ‘love’, Isanuma’s unhealthy ‘love’ for her teacher, whatever happened in Naoi’s past… if those are the forms of ‘love’ surrounding them, I think they should get to break them! As a treat!

Dex-chan lover
It’d be fun to see Kokoro’s reaction to Naoi living with Kurumi if that happened though lmao, not that I crave the drama or anything (I absolutely do).
I'm not sure what to expect of Kokoro at this point since her interactions with Akane in chapter 11. Chapter 9 already had Kokoro starting to show annoyance with Kurumi not living up to her idealized version. And then the classroom incident happens and Kokoro is forced to face the fact that Kurumi isn't the person who she thought she was. Akane reinforced this by saying that Kurumi's always been the type to bottle things up. And Kokoro really seemed to like that Akane actually paid attention to her in various ways. It's the things she wished Kurumi would do. Plus the fact that Akane will basically be glued to Kokoro all summer due to her getting a part-time job at Kokoro's family's shop. The big question is will Kokoro move on from Kurumi by the next time she appears, or if she'll try one last desperate bid to separate her from Naoi. But then there's also Kurumi's side of things. So far the stunt Kokoro did with Naoi's letter hasn't been addressed. I doubt Kurumi would like to find out that Kokoro was manipulating her into a suffocating relationship to keep her away from Naoi.
It is good to finally have the names for the full mean girls trio; they’ve technically been in the bg since chapter 1. I’m not totally sure it’s Azuma in the store in chapter 1, just because her hair seems to be more of a side pony situation but it definitely could be her, and it would be pretty interesting if she reached out to Naoi about Mine and Isanuma. I think it’s a bit odd no one mentioned Naoi in the whole affair, since while she wasn’t directly involved, she did cuss out and shove Hotta out of the way after Kurumi popped off in the classroom, with the latter in tow. Maybe there will be repercussions for her later, but to be fair the main drama was clearly with Kurumi and Isanuma.

Lowkey would love for Kurumi and Naoi to end up planning to bust Hotta and Isanuma based on info from Azuma. It kind of makes the English title make the most sense; Kurumi’s mom’s twisted abusive ‘love’, Kokoro’s unrealistic stifling ‘love’, Isanuma’s unhealthy ‘love’ for her teacher, whatever happened in Naoi’s past… if those are the forms of ‘love’ surrounding them, I think they should get to break them! As a treat!
It being Azuma in the store in chapter 1 just feels like the easiest way to explain some things in the story. Like why Azuma reacted how she did to Naoi in chapter 3. It could also justify why Azuma would seek out Naoi's help with the current situation, since going to someone with experience in evidence gathering would prove useful. Since it feels like the leads basically have to get involved with the teacher/Isanuma plot somehow.

I saw a theory that the girl the teacher was previously seen with was Mine herself and she threw Kurumi under the bus to keep suspicion off herself. But once again, her motives for doing such a thing are very elusive.

I think the teacher suspects Naoi's involvement with the class photo but can't do anything without any proof. He seemed pretty insistant on finding out why the class photo was broken. And I think Naoi does know about the teacher's bad side. She called him "Kuzu Sensei" in chapter 10 IIRC, which could be interpreted as "Scumbag Teacher", meaning she knows he's a lowlife. It might also explain why Naoi lied to the teacher about what Kurumi said to her in chapter 1, since she didn't want the pervert teacher to have any leverage over Kurumi. It could also be part of why Naoi broke the class photo, since at the time she called it "gross", meaning she might have some idea why the teacher took such a photo of the girls and it wasn't just to see their growth.

I think if the manga goes on long enough for them to be back in school things will be very different than before. Kurumi will be more assertive with others, including her formerly lazy club mates, Naoi could be more social, Isanuma might get bullied if her date with the teacher is found out, and the current teacher will likely be replaced with a different teacher when his misdeeds are found out.

Dex-chan lover
I thought this was a comments section, not a thesis competition, lol.

Anyway, glad she stuck up for herself. At school, here and not Japan, it is far too often the case that the bullies can do anything they want to the victims but the victims aren't allowed to do anything back without being the 'bad ones' according to the majority. There is a reason why things deteriorate so badly for the victims that they end up stabbing their bullies (or bringing in a gun like in the states), sadly. And this teacher is really embodying the 'anything for an easy life' philosophy. So something was bound to snap eventually. He's getting off easy right now.

Can't wait to see where this goes now. Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Summer vacation looks like it's leading to major relationship changes all around.

Kurumi's going through serious development. She's being more observant of others and their motives. She's being more assertive in her interactions with other people. And she's experiencing new feelings, like when it looked like she was tearing up when she thought that Naoi stood her up on their date. I think we're getting Naoi's backstory soon since Kurumi saw Naoi's dad abusing her. I guess he really doesn't work if he's shaking down his own daughter for money. Naoi was trying really hard to get away from him so that she could have her date with Kurumi. She was probably worried her dad destroyed her chances and that Kurumi wouldn't give her a second chance after getting stood up once. But luckily fate had other ideas, so now Kurumi shows up to deepen her relationship with Naoi.

As for the plot with Sensei and Isanuma, I'm kind of not 100% sure where it's going. Could Sensei really be dating high school girls? Maybe, but it's also possible the person he was seen with was the red-haired woman from the chapter 11 cover. Maybe she's just someone he doesn't think is socially acceptable to date, because he likes to keep up appearances. But keeping up appearances by agreeing to go on a date with Isanuma is almost certainly going to backfire on him. If the red-haired woman is his girlfriend, she'd dump him for cheating on her, even if he's only agreeing to the date to buy Isanuma's silence about her confrontation with Kurumi in chapter 10. And if they're found out, then he'd almost certainly try to push all of the blame onto Isanuma for suggesting the idea to begin with. He seemed super uncomfortable with her attention this chapter even once Kurumi was out of the room. He's a horrible teacher regardless of what's really going on with his dating life.

Isanuma almost feels like she's getting setup for heatbreak on purpose by Mine. What's Mine's motive? She might be in love with Isanuma and wants to destroy her crush on the teacher. Or maybe even Isanuma's life so that she becomes all Isanuma has left. Kurumi may have just been a convenient pawn in this plot, maybe because Isanuma was jealous of her seeming perfection already. Plus, it would give Isanuma more confidence to do something foolishly reckless by thinking Sensei would accept dating a high schooler. Mine seems to smile around Isanuma when her face is normally hidden. She blushes around her alot too. This might all be a form of twisted love.

And finally Azuma. She's secretly been an important character since chapter 1. There was a ponytail shown when Kurumi was shoplifting. And in chapter 3 Azuma seemed very wary of Naoi. So she might've seen both Kurumi almost shoplifting and Naoi recording the whole thing. In the background we've seen her growing nervousness of Isanuma's increased animosity toward Kurumi. Her increasing isolation from her friends, like when she was left out of karaoke in chapter 8. But she still tried to be a good friend in chapter 10 by trying to stop Isanuma from doing something to get herself in trouble, even though Mine was conveniently nowhere to be seen and did nothing to help. And how Azuma has some choices to make. Mine and quite possibly Isanuma are likely mad at her for telling Sensei about Isanuma bullying Kurumi. And to make things even worse, she finds out that Mine was a manipulative liar and rumor-monger all along. And then that same liar trying to shame her into silence. Only to take yet another blow when Isanuma turns out to be a hypocrite who happily dates Sensei after treating Kurumi like absolute trash for thinking she did the same. Isanuma's animosity was out of jealousy, not because she looked down on the behavior. But there is hope. Mine doesn't realize that Azuma has a hidden Ace up her sleeve if she chooses to use it. To go to Naoi for help. After all, who better to get evidence than the person she saw filming someone shoplifting? Fight fire with fire.

How did you come up with all of that ? With all the details and explanation 👌 it was clean analysis and summary.

All I can say is I like the 3rd wheeler In every group. I forgot their names but it was the white-short hair girl and the black pony tail.

Users who are viewing this thread