Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell! - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - If Only

Dex-chan lover
For the end of the chapter, I wonder if chapter 5.5 was foreshadowing this. "Let's go to a hotel together right now and cause a huge scandal!" It's possible someone saw them enter the hotel or might see them leave it.

And next chapter could be Naoi's backstory where she tries to really get Kurumi to understand why selfless sacrifice can backfire on the person doing it. Though to be fair, Kurumi's internal monologue also showed how much anger she's been storing up over various things, including not feeling more rewarded for helping Naoi. I wonder if we get a flashback if we might finally learn Naoi's full name.

Naoi's dad is horrible. He outright seems to hate Naoi, including wishing her to be unhappy. And seeming to hold a very negative view of her as a person. Him not being afraid of the police implies that he's a person who's so hopeless that he has nothing left to lose, which is a potentially very dangerous person.

As for Kokoro, she's feeling bad, but at the same time is also missing the point. She still doesn't realize/accept that the Kurumi she knew was a facade. And she seems to still hold out hope of turning Kurumi back into that person. Though the cracking image of Kurumi's portrait seemed to indicate that Kokoro's mental image of Kurumi has begun the process of shattering. And she keeps replaying Kurumi's actions in chapter 10 in her head, which is driving her nuts. Her text messages indicate that she's growing increasingly desperate as she assumes that Kurumi's continuing to ignore her texts, not realizing that Kurumi threw away her cell phone.

I don't think Kokoko's mom is being very helpful. She might assume Kokoro is being overly dramatic, but at the same time doesn't seem to be trying to get to the root of the actual problem. Akane being there is the one hope Kokoro might have of not worsening. Who knows? Maybe Akane will catch the glass Kokoro knocked off the table instead of it shattering like readers might expect it to.

Only 2 chapters left in this volume, so not sure how it can reach a good stopping point with so much currently going on. Isanuma's downfall seems to be approaching though, as she still had a cameo this chapter along with her name getting brought up again. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Dex-chan lover
Wait.. What was the food fact at the end about? 😂

Also I hope the money she gave him was made through a normal part time job and he didn't force her into some "unsavory" job to make money for him, hence the bruises 😐..

She totally should've called the police on him and taken the wound as evidence <_<..

(Still don't like Kokoro~🫡)

Dex-chan lover
For the end of the chapter, I wonder if chapter 5.5 was foreshadowing this. "Let's go to a hotel together right now and cause a huge scandal!" It's possible someone saw them enter the hotel or might see them leave it.

And next chapter could be Naoi's backstory where she tries to really get Kurumi to understand why selfless sacrifice can backfire on the person doing it. Though to be fair, Kurumi's internal monologue also showed how much anger she's been storing up over various things, including not feeling more rewarded for helping Naoi. I wonder if we get a flashback if we might finally learn Naoi's full name.

Naoi's dad is horrible. He outright seems to hate Naoi, including wishing her to be unhappy. And seeming to hold a very negative view of her as a person. Him not being afraid of the police implies that he's a person who's so hopeless that he has nothing left to lose, which is a potentially very dangerous person.

As for Kokoro, she's feeling bad, but at the same time is also missing the point. She still doesn't realize/accept that the Kurumi she knew was a facade. And she seems to still hold out hope of turning Kurumi back into that person. Though the cracking image of Kurumi's portrait seemed to indicate that Kokoro's mental image of Kurumi has begun the process of shattering. And she keeps replaying Kurumi's actions in chapter 10 in her head, which is driving her nuts. Her text messages indicate that she's growing increasingly desperate as she assumes that Kurumi's continuing to ignore her texts, not realizing that Kurumi threw away her cell phone.

I don't think Kokoko's mom is being very helpful. She might assume Kokoro is being overly dramatic, but at the same time doesn't seem to be trying to get to the root of the actual problem. Akane being there is the one hope Kokoro might have of not worsening. Who knows? Maybe Akane will catch the glass Kokoro knocked off the table instead of it shattering like readers might expect it to.

Only 2 chapters left in this volume, so not sure how it can reach a good stopping point with so much currently going on. Isanuma's downfall seems to be approaching though, as she still had a cameo this chapter along with her name getting brought up again. Can't wait to see what happens next.
i was going to write a comment, before remembering this guy from last chapter and reminding myself that I could never ascertain to this level, so read this jawn if you want to have someone psychoanalyze every character. godspeed, toxic yuri makes the world go around

Supporter
Press X to doubt there'll be sex the next chapter. These two don't show each other affection in normal ways.

With the chapter ending on Naoi's bruises, I think we'll have Kurumi dragging out some backstory from Naoi.
How did Kurumi get in that hotel wearing her school uniform? Must be a seedy place.

Group Leader
I think the marks on her arm are scars

1716230109267.png

On the volume one cover the coloration seems to look like scarring, as opposed to bruising (imo it looks like a burn or some kind of chemical damage) and she’s had the same marks on her right arm pretty prominently displayed on multiple occasions which would imply there’s something special about that specific injury. The cross hatching for bruises is a bit different then what’s on her arm specifically too

1716231381067.jpeg

It could be bruises though! No way to say for certain.

Dex-chan lover
I think Naoi is conditioned to see all relationships as a transaction of some sort, and now she's trying to figure out Kurumi's angle. After she noticed Kurumi pouting about the "some other person" comment, she's wondering if a relationship might be the 'payment' Kurumi is expecting. She wants Kurumi to stay interested in her, but her broken family relationships have damaged her ability to form any sort of emotional connection. So instead, she's putting the offer of sex on the table (or in this case, the bed), because that's all she feels like she has to give.

I could go either way on this actually happening. On one hand, Kurumi is desperately clinging to the status quo and hasn't fully sorted out her feelings for Naoi. On the other, she's has been looking to Naoi for cues of what to do next, but she's currently treating Naoi's "expectations" as an excuse to do something she already wanted to do. Given her brief fantasy of Naoi in ch.1, there's definitely some desire buried under all that repression. Either option is not going to be great for them emotionally.

Really looking forward to next month's chapter to see where this goes!

Users who are viewing this thread