Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Showdown with the Public Morals Committee

I never get this "Student council/morals comittee" trope. They aren't getting paid for this right? Why would a school ever give students that much responsibility without compensation or some shit? Do those students not have anything better to do? Can you actually imagine wasting your time doing things the school staff themselves should fucking do while your parents are fucking paying for it?

And then there's the usual character trope where they all have an enormous stick up their ass for no reason whatsoever. Why do students need fucking permission to have a relationship? It's none of their business what they do outside of school hours right? Fucking hell man, the only thing saving this chapter from turning absolutely braindead was the main characters. The setup and side characters are actually trash.

/rant

Dex-chan lover
@VMENOVCID
It's something that you can put on your resume/CV and in this modern society if you want to get anywhere and you don't have connections, any little helps - volunteering in school gives you a ever so slight advantage in getting a job later on.

It also is supposed to provide you with experience in leadership positions and being responsible, which also is beneficial for getting a job.

Having said that, they don't have that much power, unless you count blackmail, coercion, tattling to teachers, and handling budgets is power. It's mostly soft power, being able to make someone's life a misery if you don't like them or getting folks fringe benefits if you do like them.

@VMENOVCID YOU SAID IT DUDE!

EXCEPT THE STUDENT COUNCIL PART (WHICH PROBABLY HAS DELIBERATE EXAGGERATION ON ANY MANGA) I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY MORAL COMMITTEE EXISTS ON SCHOOL

I'VE NEVER SEEN AND/OR HEARD THERE IS MORAL COMMITTEE THROUGHTOUT MY SCHOOL LIFE STARTING FROM JUNIOR HIGH TO SENIOR HIGH, AT LEAST ON WHERE I LIVE

MAYBE JAPAN REALLY HAS ONE IN THEIR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM?

PS IT'S MANDATORY TO USE CAPS ON THIS MANGA, RIGHT?

Group Leader
@Random_Passer-by The interferrence itself is clichéd, not the specifics of how it is done. We have a recently formed couple and someone or a situation comes along that creates a roadblock to the normal progression of the relationship. There are at least two other series that I'm currently reading (one a single page chapter per day) where the author has inserted such ridiculous and clichéd roadblocks just to amp up the uneccessary drama and prevent the recently formed couple from being lovey-dovey.

@VMENOVCID
The setup and side characters are actually trash.

EDIT: From the looks of it from that sign, that "Public Morals Committee" is self-appointed and not actually sanctioned by the school. In fact, I doubt that public morals or disciplinary committees run by students actually exist in Japan and are just a fabrication by manga artists to fuel particular S&M fetishes.

Ppl are taking this manga too seriously lmfao but y’all do you, I like it, it’s lighthearted and subverts specific tropes/cliches

Front cover is so fucking cool

Is it me or the the jalal run song start

Fed-Kun's army
This is fucking stupid, I love it.

Bit too much shouting though, I wish the mangaka would just chill out a wee bit.

Dex-chan lover
dumb af.

I hate the committee.

But man, the reaction that has gotten out of it from the couple at least was pretty good.

@FredFriendly How is it even a cliche when you're subverting tropes? The whole bullshit morals committee matter is resolved in the day and the committee themselves don't even take it seriously. It is a play on any other manga where they would drag it out for dramatic tension over chapters. Also morals committee in Japan do exist, look it up

Group Leader
@kinosseur
Also morals committee in Japan do exist, look it up
You must be better at searching the Internet than I am as I could find no evidence that there are morals or disciplinary committees in Japan run by students. I did find a couple quotes from teachers in Japan saying that they don't exist. Perhaps you could prove your point by sharing actual proof.

https://www.quora.com/Japan-Are-student-disciplinary-committees-in-high-schools-fact-or-fiction-Should-it-be-adopted-in-American-high-schools

Double-page supporter
@Wrex It exists in my country. Some students were chosen to help the teachers. They didn't do anything over-the-top like in manga though. When they see someone violated the rule, they just write down the name and class of the student then turn it in to the teacher or help the teachers in checking locker, belongings and uniform.

Double-page supporter
@VMENOVCID It is the same thing with student council or any committee. By joining them, you can enhance your resume and the teachers will give you a recommendation when you apply for college. In reality, they don't have that much power like in manga/anime, they just help the teachers. I don't see how it is doing things the school staff should do themselves, your way of thinking seem rather selfish. They are doing this work in exchange for college recommendation. In my country, we even do cleaning duty ourselves. There are too many students for the teachers to properly look after, sometimes teachers are too intimidating for the students to approach and advise from your peers work better than from the teachers. When things reach the teachers, it is serious so it is better to work things out between students first before telling the teachers.

Users who are viewing this thread