Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo - Vol. 4 Ch. 24.5 - After the Festival

Supporter
This series has convinced me that nearly all other romcoms' MCs don't have real libidos, and might not even be human. With those you read chapter after chapter of slice-of-life stuff where the female characters practically throw themselves (and in some cases literally do) at the MC, and he's just like "oh...maybe I should just analyze this situation carefully, like forever, as any teenage boy would do, herp derp". *looks @Keita from Kiss X Sis*

Aggregator gang
this work is giving me all the wholesomeness I need, but also makes me question my life...

Dex-chan lover
@DevLogger Romcom mangakas still write their stories as if we are in the '80s. Guess they wanna keep alive that romantic feeling about "non-physical pure love", but shit just feels surreal.
And it even more surreal to us westerners, but its not like japanese authors care about us tho LOL

@Tearsax I mean tbf sex is just about the furthest you can go in a high school relationship so it makes sense a lot of manga put it off since they don't want to reach what is essentially the end goal. The only way to have a relationship progress after sex is if you either keep throwing conflict into it or if the relationship was off to begin with. The first can end up frustrating readers because the relationship isn't going anywhere and is just stumbling backwards every once in a while to just barely catch up to where it already was. And the latter is just really specific.
You can even see here, that not long after they had sex the focus moved onto a new relationship.

Dex-chan lover
@tabris51
Okay
IWeWWQH.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread