Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Showdown with the Public Morals Committee

Dex-chan lover
Japan really amazes me sometimes.
Do any of you imagine going to a school that tells you what you can or cant do when you are outside school?
Not just about schools rules, but also a bunch of students like you telling you what to do?
Sometimes im still surprised they are doing fine in that island LOL

And i still can get over him yelling about their sex life. Dude, stop.

Dex-chan lover
Japan really amazes me sometimes.
Do any of you imagine going to a school that tells you what you can or cant do when you are outside school?
Not just about schools rules, but also a bunch of students like you telling you what to do?
Sometimes im still surprised they are doing fine in that island LOL
The usual example that comes up is probably the "no part time jobs for students" thing that constantly pops up just to cause some sort of drama because some person needs to either work or drop out due to tuition/be fuckin' homeless. I think so far, this and Watamote are honestly the only two I've seen do anything else at all in any detail like this. This one with the in depth look at a rule you often hear about, but is never even really necessary in most stories 'cause the MC isn't even getting a confession scene to work successfully. Watamote, I'd rather not say 'cause I guess that is a tiny bit spoilery. I mean, if you're reading it, you'll get there eventually anyway.

@BallerSwagBro9K I can't imagine anyone other than Katsuyuki Konishi playing Shinichi. I mean, look at his performance in D-Frag as Kazama Kenji. That was so much of him yelling tsukkomis in that show that even this would only cause minimal damage to his throat. Who else could possibly portray our protagonist?

Also @Glomoro can you spoil what you mean about Watamote? I plan to watch it later but I know that I'm going to forget whatever you say by the time I watch it, so it's fine, come on, tell me, please.

Dex-chan lover
@Mashed_Bandicoot Well, this is probably somewhere in the ballpark of ch. 100+, I forget where exactly but it should be closer to the most recent chapters than 100. The anime only covered up to about 30 something, so if you're planning to watch you'd not see this bit anyway, I imagine. That said, even if you do take your time and read up to then later too, you might remember this even after some time because it's kind of dumb enough to really stand out.

But if you still wanna know,
Tomoko (MC) and one of the other characters get in trouble for riding a scooter, because it's against the school rules for students to drive at all in their school, like with the example in this series the rule is in effect after school hours on their free time away from the school. The driver had a license, and both her and the passenger were wearing helmets. As far as I know, everything was perfectly legal for the law end of things in Japan, it's just a school rule that was broken and they got suspended for a week or something like that.

All 'cause some nosey dude took a photo of them to show the school what their horrible law abiding students were doing outside of school. Some of the teachers didn't really care about this, but they had to do their job 'cause of the evidence being slapped in their faces. Gotta keep up appearances, basically.

Dex-chan lover
@Mashed_Bandicoot Well, probably because people with money and influence want those rules to be there, and the students want to attend the best schools they can so they just deal with it. Very Japanese sort of thing, where I live we'd piss and moan about some of these unreasonable rules that even extend to off campus, but the Japanese are often prone to just dealing with it. Hostile work environments, various forms of harassment, there's a lot that people don't speak up about nearly as often as they probably should. This might be one of the more mild cases if anything.

Half of those rules like the ones we're talking about here are impossible to enforce most of the time outside of the schools unless somebody rats somebody else out in the first place, so not many people would actually have a personal experience with those rules. No personal stake in it, even less reason to complain.

Dex-chan lover
@Mashed_Bandicoot
wow that is really dumb. Why is it okay for a school to dictate what people do outside of school?
Well, while all these "moral committee" tropes are mostly manga only bullshit the events of Watamote could actually happen irl in Japan. The problem was that they were reported riding the scooter while wearing their uniform. And afaik lot of Japanese schools are very concerned about their public image (to the point where they hiding incidents and bullying in order not to draw attention), thus the rule forbidding wandering after school in your uniform. In addition I guess there are still old men who consider any teen riding scooter to be delinquent like echo of Bosozoku gangs in the past

Dex-chan lover
Nah what kinda kush honda smoking in the cover, ima need my boy to pass that shit over, double jointed if he could

Users who are viewing this thread