Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro! - Vol. 18 Ch. 137 - I'll count on you to do the rest, Paisen!

Dex-chan lover
「リベンジ」 doesn't really directly translate as "revenge", it's a loanword that's used in a lighter manner to describe trying again at something after failing, without the implied connotations of retaliation, personal vendetta or exacting vengeance on someone for hurting you as it does in English. If they had used the word 復習 then that would've been translated as "revenge", although that would be way too strong to describe the relationship between Orihara and Nagatoro based on what we've read so far.
I see. I'll keep that in mind next time I translate the word.

Aggregator gang
macchi become so sexy :O waow
nice, waiting for paisen whats answer to nagatoro about mock exam result

Dex-chan lover
「リベンジ」 doesn't really directly translate as "revenge", it's a loanword that's used in a lighter manner to describe trying again at something after failing, without the implied connotations of retaliation, personal vendetta or exacting vengeance on someone for hurting you as it does in English. If they had used the word 復習 then that would've been translated as "revenge", although that would be way too strong to describe the relationship between Orihara and Nagatoro based on what we've read so far.
We have a word for that in Swedish, though it is a loanword.
It's "revansch". Obviously shares roots with "revenge" though the latter translates to "hämnd" in swedish.

Double-page supporter
president looks surprisingly calm and chill this chapter quite liked it , looking forward to the next chapter

machida unlocked おっぱい

Double-page supporter
Am I the only one who thinks that some of the faces seem off? (mostly side characters like Macchi, the other friends besides Yoshi, Gamo and Sakura, etc.).
I know that 774 usually fixes some things for tankobon release, but still.

Thanks for translating!
it doesn't bother me really , i am just happy that the story is progressing this way , looking at the first chapters you could tell he used to make "you know what am talking about" kind of stuff

Dex-chan lover
Instead of lying the best option might be to simply avoid telling until after the matches. Like I'll tell you when you win or something like that. Or maybe tell the truth and encourage her to win

Dex-chan lover
We have a word for that in Swedish, though it is a loanword.
It's "revansch". Obviously shares roots with "revenge" though the latter translates to "hämnd" in swedish.
Same in spanish, "revancha". Its meaning is closer to "rematch" than "revenge"

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see that I'm not alone in the way Macchi's attire and uh, "charms", are making me feel things down under.
So she's basically buffed-up white Nagatoro XD

Dex-chan lover
French revanche is borrowed widely, incl. to Spanish, Portuguese, German, Swedish, Danish, English, and via English even to Japanese

Dex-chan lover
I am pretty sure Nagatoro's throw to pin was a sacrifice variant of Ōuchi Gari (大内刈) / Major Inner Reaping
Orihara's looks kind of like Uki Goshi (浮腰), Floating Hip Throw, because of how her feet are together, but it's hard to tell

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
ai uiru habu mai ribenji

Macca's is what they call it in Australia. マック is makku, same vibe but definitely not the same thing.
That makes way more sense since unless Nanashi is harbouring a secret fascination with my culture, randomly having a character say "maccas" is bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread