Dosanko Gal wa Namaramenkoi - Vol. 4 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
ty for the translations, it was all very well done. The spirit of their dialects really came through. It'll be nearly impossible for the official English release to match this.

Dex-chan lover
@Hezkezl

Thanks for the confirmation! I wasn't sure about which manga was it, but yeah I remember that happening with STR (That by the way has really good quality scans on the first chapters for some reason and is the only series you can still read complete from start to finish on Manga Plus)

Dex-chan lover
Why does it feel like even though slightly exaggerated, the bodies in the first few chapters were really pretty, but not they are just a garbled mess that changes from page to page? It's like someone told the author his body shapes sucked, so he's trying to relearn and try a new style, but is still in the process of finding it every single page. Either that or their previous style just couldn't keep up with the volume of a manga. Either way there is zero consistency and all the charm from the early chapters is mostly gone for me.

I mean, just compare Sayuri from chapter 6 to this chapter, she's now drawn tiny with a huge head and in an exaggerated anime style that's just plain boring in comparison.

Dex-chan lover
So far only 2 chapters are out as official TLs
Depending on how fast they release it might get to here in no time

Dex-chan lover
RIP
You guys did good. Screw DMCA. Screw copyright. I want my weekly gyaru manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday
Even if they could do that, they wouldn't. That's not how these things have ever worked. Even if we offered them our translations for free, contracts and all, no self-respecting publisher would take scanlated chapters and make them official - mostly because those translations were not exactly sanctioned at the time of publishing, but I suspect in some part also as a matter of pride.

If it's like any other formal professional publication, they literally can't use a written translation with all the editing and work that goes into it without paying for it. It's a legal thing, similar to (but not exactly) why some publishers refuse unsolicited manuscripts. So basically, no matter how much work you put into scanslations, you're as likely to be credited for doing them by the "professionals" as 4chan trolls with machine translations in fake cockney done in MSPaint.

@KappaDvorak
yea official translation always have that stiff tone and always do accent in a very odd way. Do they change the suffix like -san -sama like some translator, cause it feels odd without it, loss some subtle meaning and just doesnt translate well in english to begin with

Take a look at Club 9 for some truly insufferable "official" accent translation. Somebody made the mistake of telling the editors that the main character talks with a slightly country accent, so the entire manga reads like an very special episode of the Beverly Hillbillies where everybody got brain damage.

Dex-chan lover
And now we wait half a year for mangaplus releases to catch up. Thanks for working on the series so far.

Thank you for all the work! I enjoyed this series a lot. I’m glad that it is available on manga plus though.

200.gif

Thanks for the translations! guess ill try reading the raws unless someone else starts TL'ing this

Thanks for all your work scanlators. Good luck on your future projects!

Users who are viewing this thread