Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - That Isn't the Face I Want to See on Hanamitsuji, Right?

Group Leader
Wanting to be alone is completely fine. However, based on the past few dialogues, MMC seems to not be sure if that is really what he wants or just a coping mechanism. It's most likely the latter so I hope MMC will change, but I'm not betting on the author achieving it in a natural and sensible way....

Lots of people harping on the cliche lone wolf analogy but missing out on FMC saying she basically wished MMC dead if she knew he wouldn't change lol

Also bunch of people think that MMC is dense when there isn't really that kind of romance in the air at all lol. It's more like FMC feels close to MMC due to their unique relationship and the time travel commonality. If anything, she probably feels more like playing savior rather than lover.

Group Leader
I feel sorry for Nanamura & Hinamitsuji. It's true that Nanamura is just tired of trying to befriend people and understand them. But Hinamitsuji is right too. He really doesn't care that Hinamituji and the other girls are sacrificing so much to get him to befriend other people. He thinks he's helping them be rebuffing their efforts, but that's not true. He's just showing he doesn't care about them.

"Please Leave Me Alone?"

Nanamura did so much for Hinamitsuji by saving her. But he just hurt her by saying all that time she spent with him really means nothing, because he didn't want to really change.

How will the two of them fix this relationship, after he has realized that he really hurt her?
Well both sides need to learn that what you sacrifice doesn't equal to what they receive

Dex-chan lover
but that "I want to be with you in this world" is pretty confessional to me
In mangaverse, with the hindsight of hundreds of similar works having the same cliches, and with the help of paneling - yes, "I want to be with you in this world" would mean confession. In not-mangaverse however, if a girl skirts around proclaiming her feelings and instead says stuff like "you mean world to me" or "I like being together with you", she's at best being considerate, and at worst, is toying around
That's why tsunderes need to man the fuck up and confess directly

Dex-chan lover
That's a good point. Just because you spend a lot of time on something, doesn't mean your efforts will be rewarded appropriately.
Gacha reality. The world is a big gacha game.

The reverse is also true: just because YOU DID NOT PUT EFFORT, you will not be rewarded.

Dex-chan lover
In mangaverse, with the hindsight of hundreds of similar works having the same cliches, and with the help of paneling - yes, "I want to be with you in this world" would mean confession. In not-mangaverse however, if a girl skirts around proclaiming her feelings and instead says stuff like "you mean world to me" or "I like being together with you", she's at best being considerate, and at worst, is toying around
That's why tsunderes need to man the fuck up and confess directly
Girls are wide open with their replies. If you want a straight reply ask a granny.

Dex-chan lover
Lone wolf this, lone wolf that.. fuck you man

Idfk where the hell you got that pessimistic behaviour. You become loner in past life sure. Maybe you got some shit happening back then and now u got a chance to redo it AND EVEN MORE CHANCE AS YOU GOT TO INTERACT WITH FMC. If you use your brain a bit better than you would realize thats extremely good opportunity of interacting with others.

No matter how much you deny you like be loner and so on you cant run from human inherent longing for a relationship/interaction. You definitely want to interact with others regardless with how many people you interact. So here some advice boys when u got opportunity to interact just seize it the other parts can be handle later.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter really makes you realize this is a watered down ver of oregairu (not like before it didn’t gave the feel of a lesser Hikigaya, but still, I can understand the axe at least)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this chapter really makes you realize this is a watered down ver of oregairu (not like before it didn’t gave the feel of a lesser Hikigaya, but still, I can understand the axe at least)
It is also a shortest version of Oregairu - like only 2 volumes then axed.

Damn it is an achievement to condense that Wataru Watari work in a nutshell.

Dex-chan lover
I just want him to make up his mind, whether it's go being full lone wolf or start to be friends and care with people he cared about (in this case, Hanamitsuji)

Needs this much progress to make him actually make up his mind, but it's okay

Then I checked novelupdates page
The novel is axed, sadge, I guess that's why the manga suddenly become much more serious than before, because the ending is near
It is already bordering on plagiarism, JP is sensitive on those laws. We are lucky we got 2 chapters.

Plus Oregairu is 100% better.

Dex-chan lover
At his core the mc is someone who doesn't -want- to be alone, but he is so used to being alone that he's convinced himself that things are better off that way. This chapter has him starting to realize that hanging out with her kinda rekindled in him a desire to not be alone anymore, but reflexively he still has his walls up, putting him in the mindset that things are better if he's by himself.
Now that he's becoming aware that this was just a lie he told himself until he started to believe it, he is feeling regret for pushing her away and hurting her in the process.

I guess the ending is in sight for this one, but the thoughts of the mc are something I've gone through myself. Dude needs to develop some self esteem and realize it's okay for him to be around others instead of assuming they'd be better off without him.
Yes this might end in 50 chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread