Doukutsu Ou kara Hajimeru Rakuen Life ~Bannou no Saikutsu Skill de Saikyou ni!?~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@R4nd0mus3r Better yet. Imagine if you dug a whole bunch in minecraft and start losing Max HP because of dust pollution.

@Rice If it help's to ease your mind this isn't a normal island so resources become less of an issue and as the story progresses he finds other reasons to continue digging.

Group Leader
This series was starting to use me but this chapter brought me back. Exciting new projects and a cute miner

Double-page supporter
@Rice I feel like they could just keep digging until they hit magma and then reroute the lava to the surface to grow their island and also keep the mines from flooding in with lava so they can continue making lateral mine shafts below the ocean. At which point they will have both an underground kingdom and a growing volcanic island, like Hawaii. Also, they have all the resources of the sea and growing amounts of farm land, so I don't see the problem of limited resources. It would be one thing if they couldn't harvest the oceans bounty or if there were no fresh water on the island, but both are available. Also, there are all the magic cheats they have.

Also, if I remember correctly, the Inuit people of the arctic circle could get all their nutrition from a over 90% meat based diet. Although they did need to get nutrition from eating organ meats, drinking seal blood, whale blubber and fish eyes.

Dex-chan lover
But to be honest though, the prophecy was correct. It was the best decision to believe the prophecy that put him in that island lmao.

Fed-Kun's army
Too bad that they don't fully know his family situation. Since they literally sent him off to die in the middle of no where in a cave.

@Rice What resources are they going to run out of, exactly? They have an infinite amount of stone with which to build with. They can use dirt and stone they dig up to expand the island outwards and build farms and other outdoor facilities. They can also have underground farms that cultivate things like mushrooms and other underground flora. The spiders can make threads, which can be woven into cloth. They have a functionally infinite amount of metal to play with, as long as they keep mining. If they ever go deep enough to hit lava, they can simply route it to the surface and use it to expand the island's footprint even more. They will never run out of fish or other forms of food from the sea, and apparently they are going to get occasionally swarmed by large amounts of edible birds whether they want them to show up or not.

Even without taking magic or the bullshit magical stones that his crest creates/reveals/allows to be found, they're set for life. Taking the magic and special crest stones into account, they're not only set for life, they're on a course to thrive.

Ipi

I hope the strory will still focus on improving the cave environment, at least for twenty chapters. And problems from outside, especially his family will come much much later...

Double-page supporter
@lord-raine CLOWNS AND forgotten beasts. Oh and also Tantrum cascades. I’ve had forts die over night because one highly sociable person died. At some point other kingdoms will try to attack a remote island that apparently is a very profitable mining colony. Country building is hard and having great resources is both a blessing and a curse Learned that from starsector. So while yes basic survival is solved you have outside invaders and death of leaders and hero’s which could possibly cause wide spread havoc and unrest. Oh and also there are probably worse cave monsters. And as for magic well everyone else has access to magic and more people dedicated to making army’s and magic. Ship building would be hard as trees are hard to grow meaning that despite being an island, ships will be hard to build as the wood will need to be imported or ships bought. Meaning they can’t defend the island via navy which means that other nations could just bombard the island from their ships. They do stand a chance as the metal mined could be made into stationary cannons for defense.

Bassicly they have the problem that their new and that means that it is politically and physically easy to conquer them. Also while they are “technically” part of his father’s empire it’s a remote and hard to reach region which means that any invasion would of already taken place long after aid arrived

Users who are viewing this thread