Doumo, Yuusha no Chichi desu. 〜Kono Tabi wa Gusoku ga Gomeiwaku wo Kakete, Moushiwake Arimasen〜 - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Ewh. I could understand if the author can be suck at drawing. But 2 person but still this bad is super disappointing
The artist did the drawing. Check the author's own list, she(I think she is a she) have another title, that one is well drawn, but by different artist.
Both of her manga were marked as adaptation, this might be a webnovel or light novel from her.

Dex-chan lover
The artist did the drawing. Check the author's own list, she(I think she is a she) have another title, that one is well drawn, but by different artist.
Both of her manga were marked as adaptation, this might be a webnovel or light novel from her.
Hmm.. yeah that's why the artist came to improve the arts from authors story. Why is that guy being hired as an artist? Why not wait till a better artist would available? Maybe budget issue

Dex-chan lover
Hmm.. yeah that's why the artist came to improve the arts from authors story. Why is that guy being hired as an artist? Why not wait till a better artist would available? Maybe budget issue
Judging from this artist name, its all in caps, maybe he is twitter or pixiv artist? Or someone the author's knew irl.
I did noticed one thing though; this bad artist is not bad at drawing gore. The scene where the dragon got smooshed? There are eyeballs here and there. Maybe that's why? The story might have more gory scenes and this artist fits the bill?

Dex-chan lover
Judging from this artist name, its all in caps, maybe he is twitter or pixiv artist? Or someone the author's knew irl.
I did noticed one thing though; this bad artist is not bad at drawing gore. The scene where the dragon got smooshed? There are eyeballs here and there. Maybe that's why? The story might have more gory scenes and this artist fits the bill?
Hmm gore i see.. it's an advanced skill to draw. The artist jumping off the basics would do no good for him I must say. The drawing would be inconsistent or hard to distinguish.

It is still would be better for an adaptation to hire a better artist rather than waiting the artist to get better. Producing manga is not an easy thing to do. Even with great premise and art doesn't guarantee its success. An adaptation mean the author or manga publisher have the benefit to plan to improve the product. This is maybe budget issue or there is corrupt people that do nepotism in hiring manpower

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda wanna give the son the benefit of the doubt here. I know the manga probably won’t do it, but it feels like maybe he’s simply not strong enough to meet their expectations of flawlessly battling monsters without any property damage and got a bit frustrated at people being angry that he didn’t save their lives in the fashion they wanted him to. The childhood friend also had skewed expectations as anyone would after hanging around peak humans able to make houses that can survive the demon lord attacking in an afternoon. She was in the hero party and couldn’t take down a monster on the way to her village? She was clearly dead weight that was gonna die if she stuck around without leveling enough to solo one monster.

Even this current situation is on the guards for leaving a security gap or an unavoidable consequence of the Hero not being OP enough to solo the demon lord. It’s not like those guards were gonna sit around the area forever instead of being sent out to reclaim villages further out that were attacked by demon lord subordinates either when you think about it. Manpower being low is kinda just what happens when a bunch of people die. On that note, isn’t this exactly what should be happening to their home village right now due to the two broken cheat code people running off elsewhere? It feels a bit hypocritical to complain unless there are other strong people in the village too.
Most of this, the story hasn't told you or dropped any hints about. Even in this chapter with the rabbitkin girl, despite her not considering her situation the hero's fault, she told the parents that the Knight Order wouldn't help her because they deemed the hero's mission more important. Couple that with the fiancee's story and the hero has stopped doing his mission so both the hero and the Knight Order are meandering about but can't go help this village?

So, far, the story hasn't told you that it's not about the Hero not being OP enough, but is about the hero's morality and abuse of position and power. Sure, the author could twist that around, but right now seems the story will be about the author compiling evidence against their son. The parents are obviously upset because, so far, from everything they're hearing their son is not acting how they raised him.

Perhaps the author will pull something out like maybe the hero is being mind manipulated or something, we'll see, but I'd rather it stay as the hero got away from home and lost his mind and forgot his upbringing. Which happens with children who leave their parents, get a little freedom and go wild for a long time before regret kicks in and they realized they messed up and likely ruined their relationships with mom and dad by way of rebellion when they became adults. So, I'd rather see how this manga inevitably tries to reconcile the relationship between son and parents if the son is actually doing these things or see if their relationship will forever be broken because the son lost his head.

Fed-Kun's army
Calling it now, the parents will be the ones to kill the demon lord
I believe the story's been strongly implying that the parents were meant to be the heroes, or at least the dad. I have a running suspicion that the oracle misinterpreted the prophecy by saying the hero should be young or the soldiers misunderstood her message saying the hero should be young and therefore someone who was recently born.

Either that, or this is simply one of those mangas that like to play around with what it means to be considered a hero outside of the fantasy classification of one by way of being chosen by some saint, saintess, prophet, oracle, or deity.

Dex-chan lover
Most of this, the story hasn't told you or dropped any hints about. Even in this chapter with the rabbitkin girl, despite her not considering her situation the hero's fault, she told the parents that the Knight Order wouldn't help her because they deemed the hero's mission more important. Couple that with the fiancee's story and the hero has stopped doing his mission so both the hero and the Knight Order are meandering about but can't go help this village?

So, far, the story hasn't told you that it's not about the Hero not being OP enough, but is about the hero's morality and abuse of position and power. Sure, the author could twist that around, but right now seems the story will be about the author compiling evidence against their son. The parents are obviously upset because, so far, from everything they're hearing their son is not acting how they raised him.

Perhaps the author will pull something out like maybe the hero is being mind manipulated or something, we'll see, but I'd rather it stay as the hero got away from home and lost his mind and forgot his upbringing. Which happens with children who leave their parents, get a little freedom and go wild for a long time before regret kicks in and they realized they messed up and likely ruined their relationships with mom and dad by way of rebellion when they became adults. So, I'd rather see how this manga inevitably tries to reconcile the relationship between son and parents if the son is actually doing these things or see if their relationship will forever be broken because the son lost his head.
We saw it demonstrated/implied in the first bloody chapters that the son is much weaker than the OP father. Your next point is two completely contradictory statements about how the son must not be going after the demon lord but had to take the soldiers with him in his journey to fight the demon lord. Then at the end you proceed to ignore my very first sentence about how I don't actually think the author would do this while proceeding to act like I said the author would totally do this.
Please rethink your case to give a proper solid argument because I really shouldn't be poking holes in yours so easily at 4 am for something I don't think is going to happen. You're paradoxically strengthening the case of a silly theory by making such bad arguments.

Double-page supporter
The art has kind of sucked from the start, it's probably easier to notice when the characters aren't just standing and talking to each other.

The premise is cool enough to keep me reading but yeah, the art is REALLY rough.
I think its part of the charm. Plenty of other titles have god-tier art but it all starts to look the same after a while. At least this one looks unique in that regard.

Fed-Kun's army
I genuinely hate that rabbit girl mentality, yes hero is supposed to protect everyone. But the hero couldn't split himself into two right?. If anything, protecting the villages from bandit etc should be the kingdom duty or other adventurers. The kingdom should've had manpower that could support both the hero and protect the people. Hero's duty is to protect humanity from threat but my god that's alot of burden that no one should shoulder alone

I kinda wanna give the son the benefit of the doubt here. I know the manga probably won’t do it, but it feels like maybe he’s simply not strong enough to meet their expectations of flawlessly battling monsters without any property damage and got a bit frustrated at people being angry that he didn’t save their lives in the fashion they wanted him to. The childhood friend also had skewed expectations as anyone would after hanging around peak humans able to make houses that can survive the demon lord attacking in an afternoon. She was in the hero party and couldn’t take down a monster on the way to her village? She was clearly dead weight that was gonna die if she stuck around without leveling enough to solo one monster.

Even this current situation is on the guards for leaving a security gap or an unavoidable consequence of the Hero not being OP enough to solo the demon lord. It’s not like those guards were gonna sit around the area forever instead of being sent out to reclaim villages further out that were attacked by demon lord subordinates either when you think about it. Manpower being low is kinda just what happens when a bunch of people die. On that note, isn’t this exactly what should be happening to their home village right now due to the two broken cheat code people running off elsewhere? It feels a bit hypocritical to complain unless there are other strong people in the village too.
That... would be a pretty good plot twist. The hero is actually doing the best he can, and the childhood friend was a little shit that couldn't accept that hero needed the best as his support, and she just wasn't the best.
Bonus points if the childhood friend was unintentionally (or intentionally) sabotaging him and he blew her off in a fit of frustration.

I hope that bandits in stories like these get a revamp where they don't mindlessly intimidate a giant like this guy and actually exercise some caution like any normal person would.
lol true but they'd get bodied regardless :dogkek:

The art has kind of sucked from the start, it's probably easier to notice when the characters aren't just standing and talking to each other.

The premise is cool enough to keep me reading but yeah, the art is REALLY rough.
yeah the backgrounds especially seems to be something mangaka didn't pay much attention to

Fed-Kun's army
Couple that with the fiancee's story and the hero has stopped doing his mission so both the hero and the Knight Order are meandering about but can't go help this village?
I’m not arguing for or against either theory but I want to point out that there were three villages that the parents helped rebuild because they had very recently been saved by the hero. How would this fit into your theory?

Dex-chan lover
this feels like a way more intense version of “do you love your mom and her 2 hit multi target attacks”

Dex-chan lover
Self appointed fiance. While it wouldn't have been unusual for them to get together, at no point in any of this fiance talk was his opinion considered to matter. Such shipping is standard human behavior (even if it's super annoying for the target) , but are you seriously going to argue that he should at least partially be beaten for disrespect because their ship didn't work out? Most of society has moved beyond arranged marriages.
Wait when was it established self appointed fiance? Cause i don't remember that, the dad just says "It's his fiance" Also he has done many other things if the tale is to be believe that should result in more then just an ass whooping. Also also bringing up society has moved beyond arranged marriages in a medievil set fantasy doesn't fly man.

Fed-Kun's army
We saw it demonstrated/implied in the first bloody chapters that the son is much weaker than the OP father. Your next point is two completely contradictory statements about how the son must not be going after the demon lord but had to take the soldiers with him in his journey to fight the demon lord. Then at the end you proceed to ignore my very first sentence about how I don't actually think the author would do this while proceeding to act like I said the author would totally do this.
Please rethink your case to give a proper solid argument because I really shouldn't be poking holes in yours so easily at 4 am for something I don't think is going to happen. You're paradoxically strengthening the case of a silly theory by making such bad arguments.
My argument is solid because it's going off of what the story told you. The story never told you that the hero/son is acting this way because he's not OP enough, that's your assumption. That was the whole point of my reply to you. You're assuming that the hero isn't doing much because he's not strong enough BECAUSE, and I already knew this, but you just added it, the beginning showed that the hero wasn't as strong as his father and mother. Then you brought up how you think it's also possibly about the people wanting him to save them a certain way and getting mad when he doesn't. My whole reply to you was about how the story has shown and told you exactly how the hero has acted and confirmed it with the fiancé and now the rabbitkin girl among other people sharing rumors with the hero's/son's parents. For now, that's the entire gimmick of the story.

The story has also told you that the hero/son stopped going after the demon lord and started abusing his powers. The story just told you in this chapter that the Knight Order isn't acting how the Knight Order is expected to act. None of what the story has told us corroborates your theory, that was the whole point.

None of what I said is contradictory because I based it off of what the story has revealed thus far, not my personal theories about what the story might be about.

Dex-chan lover
To add my own input to the art discussion: the quality of the scans aren't the best, but this is also the first time I've seen rabbit ears just repeatedly vanish. I've seen artists forget details like scars or markings in a single panel, but this is the first time I've seen a mistake occur repeatedly and inconsistently in one chapter. There were a couple pages where her ears appeared every other panel. And rabbit ears are a pretty big design feature to forget.

That's no scan or quality error, that's purely on the artist.

Users who are viewing this thread