Doumo, Yuusha no Chichi desu. 〜Kono Tabi wa Gusoku ga Gomeiwaku wo Kakete, Moushiwake Arimasen〜 - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
You know... I wonder if Croix and Wiel were... Heroes before they settled down?

At any rate I wonder if it's a wrongly read prophecy and instea Arca is the Demon Lord..

Dex-chan lover
I'm all in on the "the hero isn't actually bad" theory. Like, despite everything, both the villagers and the rabbit were pretty chill about things, so I can't really buy that story about the son being this reckless menace who abuses his position as hero.

I mean, not a single villager said something cliché like "the hero didn't even care about our homes!" or "the hero tried to seduce my daughter and/or broke her heart!", and yet Arca told us all about his carelessness and womanizing.

Dex-chan lover
I really like the energy Wiel and Croix have to apologizing. It's really funny. And it seems Croix skills at being a lumberjack is really good for rebuilding villages too. I'm impressed that they've rebuilt 3 villages so far.

I'm guessing Croix and Wiel used to be adventurers in the past, which explains why they missed travelling around a lot. But when they had Alka, they settled down to raise him.

I feel sorry for Mion. Her entire village seems to have been massacred by bandits. But who was that with the ring around their neck, that Croix seems to have found? That one bandit Croix spared probably won't know much specifics, so he's probably gonna die.

Wu

Group Leader
Is it me or the art took a bit of a nosedive for this chapter?
It would seem that whoever got the raws took screenshots, or worse, got it from some random raws re-upload website, rather from the original source. The images on the site where the raws are published are somewhat decent, so whoever got the raws managed to utterly compress and degrade the image in some way

Dex-chan lover
You know... I wonder if Croix and Wiel were... Heroes before they settled down?

At any rate I wonder if it's a wrongly read prophecy and instea Arca is the Demon Lord..
I'm pretty sure the prophecy was for Croix and Wiel, not Arca, and that the prophecy was interpreted wrong. Cause a hero being "born" doesn't have to mean they're the youngest or newborn but the oracle just fuckall read it that way.

Supporter
The art has kind of sucked from the start, it's probably easier to notice when the characters aren't just standing and talking to each other.

The premise is cool enough to keep me reading but yeah, the art is REALLY rough.
I'm intrigued by the premise and story so far but damn is the art hard on the eyes. I checked the official raws to make sure and the artists aren't really to blame here. While the originals aren't amazing they're more or less fine. The finer details are a little lacking and the shading is just ok, but I don't hate it. There's something wrong happening between the posting of the official raws and these translated releases. Whatever enlarging/upscaling they're doing is beating the artwork with an ugly stick.

Dex-chan lover
If the Dad gets a harem with the Wife there, I am out...
I don't think he's that kind of guy.
Judging by how he acts and how strong he is he probably was very popular with the ladies to begin with and he still stayed with only his wife. So yeah, I don't think so.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda wanna give the son the benefit of the doubt here. I know the manga probably won’t do it, but it feels like maybe he’s simply not strong enough to meet their expectations of flawlessly battling monsters without any property damage and got a bit frustrated at people being angry that he didn’t save their lives in the fashion they wanted him to. The childhood friend also had skewed expectations as anyone would after hanging around peak humans able to make houses that can survive the demon lord attacking in an afternoon. She was in the hero party and couldn’t take down a monster on the way to her village? She was clearly dead weight that was gonna die if she stuck around without leveling enough to solo one monster.

Even this current situation is on the guards for leaving a security gap or an unavoidable consequence of the Hero not being OP enough to solo the demon lord. It’s not like those guards were gonna sit around the area forever instead of being sent out to reclaim villages further out that were attacked by demon lord subordinates either when you think about it. Manpower being low is kinda just what happens when a bunch of people die. On that note, isn’t this exactly what should be happening to their home village right now due to the two broken cheat code people running off elsewhere? It feels a bit hypocritical to complain unless there are other strong people in the village too.

You're making alot of asumptions. Why do you think she can't defeat a single monster? She took a long trip back from the capital emotionally distraught, it's a given that she isn't going to be in her best condition.

Also, I don't think the parent's issue with the son is that he can't do things flawlessly. He's clearly banging other women in front of his fiance, a girl the parents already treat as a daughter-in-law, that's serious disrespect, add in all the other examples of power abuse and I think the son deserves a whooping.

Dex-chan lover
You're making alot of asumptions. Why do you think she can't defeat a single monster? She took a long trip back from the capital emotionally distraught, it's a given that she isn't going to be in her best condition.

Also, I don't think the parent's issue with the son is that he can't do things flawlessly. He's clearly banging other women in front of his fiance, a girl the parents already treat as a daughter-in-law, that's serious disrespect, add in all the other examples of power abuse and I think the son deserves a whooping.
Self appointed fiance. While it wouldn't have been unusual for them to get together, at no point in any of this fiance talk was his opinion considered to matter. Such shipping is standard human behavior (even if it's super annoying for the target) , but are you seriously going to argue that he should at least partially be beaten for disrespect because their ship didn't work out? Most of society has moved beyond arranged marriages.

Dex-chan lover
I hope that bandits in stories like these get a revamp where they don't mindlessly intimidate a giant like this guy and actually exercise some caution like any normal person would.
It's three armed dude vs one unarmed.

In "normal" circumstances the bandits has every right to be confident with their odds.

Banned
Is it me or the art took a bit of a nosedive for this chapter?
This chapter? It was never up to par with industry's standard from chapter 1. Sad to say, but this series artist feels like someone who just learning how to draw manga for a year. They can draw enough to catch some attention, but his characters feels like they have limited pose, expressions and its static.

Dex-chan lover
Ewh. I could understand if the author can be suck at drawing. But 2 person but still this bad is super disappointing

Users who are viewing this thread