Drop!! ~A Tale of the Fragrance Princess~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Towards the Future

Dex-chan lover
Not surprised if this was axed (though I suspect a short WN promotional manga was the plan all along). The MC was pretty dull. Setting was dishwater. Only somewhat interesting character was that assistant/tutor dude.

Aggregator gang
Sigh. 🤨

What a painful ending, finishing a manga in 17 chapters when the novel assumes there is even more material.
And with which end then?
A final in which the protagonist still does not know that the boy she is in love with is the prince, where there is no real plot progress but only brief skirmishes.
And to think that he had potential and that they threw everything to the ground.

Dex-chan lover
finished rather quickly it feels. but well, the story never had much drive, on the last arc really put some activity in, so it might have just not been rewarding enough for the publishers.

thanks for the finale chapter.

Group Leader
wow, it got cancelled before it even made it to the game part. well at least the novel translation is pretty active.

Dex-chan lover
It got pretty boring after the first few chapters, it getting axed/cancelled is okay... it sucks tho

Double-page supporter
if theyre making mangas to get me into the web novels theyre on crack. im here to read and look at drawings. if i wanted to read a book with no pictures id go to a library. i have zero intention of reading the wn even tho i liked this manga

Dex-chan lover
lol It hadn't even gotten to any good parts, so far she just made a perfume and set up her possible good ending future with the prince. We didn't even get to meet the Heroine of this world. And what was the point of that dark guild set up if its the ending? The worst part was the last page that was like, "here is a sneak peak of what you'll never see lol" whack

Fed-Kun's army
Top tier axe there given how terrible that was.
There was semblance of a comfy plot. Does the LN include this dark guild shit? It's out of place.

Supporter
@unknownids the light novel (which is far ahead of the web novel in translation) has pictures (and those pictures look nicer than the manga does).

I think the story is ok but art (picture) is so so. All characters have big eyes and childish face. The art in novel is much better. You can see from the links below.

https://i0.wp.com/www.whimsicalstargazers.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/06.jpg?w=650&ssl=1

https://www.novelradars.com/novel/8fbc11032b60362b/drop-a-tale-of-the-fragrance-princess-ln/392439.html

Dex-chan lover
The world of manga is cruel and lives are frequently cut short with (probably) little notice...

F

🧐

To be fair, it wasn't particularly strong manga for the genre. The Black Healer and Villainess Destruction Flag are much stronger. Heck, even White Cat In A Lap is arguably better made than Fragrance Drop. But still, why can't the market be found for a heartwarming fluff section of the chick isekai? And if they are cancelling, why don't hey cancel Akuyaku Reijou wa, Shoumin ni Totsugitai, for example? They are about peers with this. Very unfair!

Users who are viewing this thread