Drunk Lady Warrior Belle. - Ch. 16 - Belle-san has been rehired.

Dex-chan lover
Where is he going with this? Isn't she just gonna get shitfaced and get in a huge barfight, get her new clothes all torn and expose her ass or something? Cause that's what I want to happen.

This artist is really good, I looked up their other work and found Beautiful Witch Ayano-San similar.

Staff
Super Moderator
Funny this chapter took so long to get translated because Aihara specificly posted it soon after Chapter 15 so that readers wouldn't have to worry about her.
Player1 actually had this done for a while but forgot to post it until I reminded him about it. But yeah if he went cold after 15 it would've been left on a bad spot. :haa:

Dex-chan lover
Just knowing how to google, does "goshujin-san" mean YOUR OWN husband? And does "danna-san" mean SOMEONE ELSE'S husband?
Refer here. In short, typical usage sees it the other way around, especially as the use of the "o-"/"go-" noun honorific is often used to refer to what relates to the listener as opposed to the speaker.

Dex-chan lover
Refer here. In short, typical usage sees it the other way around, especially as the use of the "o-"/"go-" noun honorific is often used to refer to what relates to the listener as opposed to the speaker.
I see. It appears that adding the "go-" prefix is what allows it to be used for other people's husbands.

How To Say Husband In Japanese {Traditional And Modern Ways}

Shujin
主人

My husband, Master

Shujin (主人 / しゅじん) is a word that can be used to call your own husband. Historically, this used to mean ‘master’ or ‘head of household’. It contains the characters for ‘lord’/’master’ (主) and ‘person’ (人).

By itself, shujin cannot be used to refer to another person’s husband, unless you add the honorific prefix go- (ご~), which makes a word polite. This way, goshujin is appropriate for formal or polite situations.

Examples:

Your own husband

Shujin wa shuumatsu ni tomodachi to basukettobōru wo shite imasu.
主人は週末に友達とバスケットボールをしています。
しゅじん は しゅうまつ に ともだち と ばすけっとぼーる を しています。
My husband plays basketball with his friends on the weekends.

Somebody else’s husband

Goshujin ga yoyaku wo shite kuremashita.
ご主人が予約をしてくれました。
ご しゅじん が よやく を してくれました。
Her husband made a reservation.

Danna
旦那

Husband (somebody else’s)

As a polite term, danna (旦那 / だんな) is used when referring to somebody else’s husband. While doing so, it is best to add honorifics like -san (~さん) or -sama (~様 / ~さま) to be polite.

In informal situations, you can use danna when talking about your own husband around your peers. It’s more common to hear younger spouses use this term.

Example:

Yoshioka-san no danna-san to issho ni nomikai ni iku koto ga aru.
吉岡さんの旦那さんと一緒に飲み会に行くことがある。
よしおかさん の だんなさん と いっしょに のみかいに いく こと が ある。
Occasionally I go to get-togethers with Ms. Yoshioka’s husband.

This word also has a gendered meaning behind it. In the past, danna was used by the geisha or similar servicepeople to refer to their male patrons or customers of high status. It can also translate to ‘master’ just like shujin, but this sounds a little more intimate.

Interestingly, danna also means ‘almsgiver’ in Buddhism.

Danna is made up of the kanji for ‘dawn’ (旦) and ‘what’ (那).

Me

Dex-chan lover
So... she doesn't seem to drink because she doesn't like her sober self. And she doesn't seem to dislike her drunk self. But- wait.
You know what? No. I'm not thinking any harder about this, or I'll wind up in the same psychological pit as when I tried to figure out Cringer and Battlecat. Cute girl gets badass when she's drunk, all I need to know, end of story.

Me

Dex-chan lover
Sorry for being that guy, but considering her comment about nights not being lonely with her, I would check her for STD and other shit before going the waifu route if I were the MC.
That's what healers are for. White magic clears all diseases, hooray for fantasy settings!

Dex-chan lover
I can't tell how well he explained it to her last time she was sober, so I'm assuming she has no idea how she got there all alone when she became sober and then she happened to meet the random guy she woke up next to in the middle of nowhere who is willing to help her out and now we are here.

Dex-chan lover
From warrior to maid. Kind of a downgrade.
Assuming her sober self is her true personality, she isn't cut out to be a bikini-wearing warrior.
So we're left wondering, who she was at the start? Maybe a paladin in shiny armor over monastic robes?

I can't tell how well he explained it to her last time she was sober, so I'm assuming she has no idea how she got there all alone when she became sober and then she happened to meet the random guy she woke up next to in the middle of nowhere who is willing to help her out and now we are here.
Since the guy is a merchant, I think he's good at talking and explained things properly.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry for being that guy, but considering her comment about nights not being lonely with her, I would check her for STD and other shit before going the waifu route if I were the MC.
I'm sure she just meant that she would cuddle ❤️ no need to think of it as lewd

Dex-chan lover
Assuming her sober self is her true personality, she isn't cut out to be a bikini-wearing warrior.
So we're left wondering, who she was at the start? Maybe a paladin in shiny armor over monastic robes?

Since the guy is a merchant, I think he's good at talking and explained things properly.
I think this level of disparity between her behavior plus how well she functions while "drunk" indicates that she has a split personality disorder. I doubt she is actually black out drunk the whole time she is in warrior mode, but in that personality when she is intoxicated. I have no idea how you determine the "true" personality in split cases, but that does leave the possibility of another personality we haven't seen that is the original.

It felt like he didn't have enough time to explain much last time before he got her drunk again so he would have his bodyguard back, but it wasn't obvious how much time passed either so he may have had enough. I'm sure he could explain everything he knew well enough if he had time and she was willing to listen, but last time he had to calm her down from discovering her "sudden" situation and he seemed to quickly decide to get her drunk again so I'm having a hard time telling how much was properly conveyed.

Users who are viewing this thread