Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 96 - Falin IV

Dex-chan lover
If an earlier chapter said it was important for magic-users to take care of their hair (parts of which they use in various ways to do magic) and Marcille has lost all interest in her hair, does that mean her knowledge and ability to do magic has also been "eaten"?

It's odd she doesn't seem to notice or be disturbed by this.
Marcille might be a wreck for a couple months after the events of this feast but I trust her with Laios more than the elves. Consider they are more concerned with her parole than rehabilitation.

Dex-chan lover
this has been one of, maybe even my number one favorite manga for many years now. every single detail of the series from start to finish has been so intricate and well thought out, it has one of my favorite casts of characters ever, and i am well and truly going to miss it like nothing else when it ends. but if Kui-sensei can keep up this momentum into the final chapter, i'll also be very happy to see such a masterpiece get a good, conclusive ending. 10/10 from start to finish.

Fed-Kun's army
A great story, my favorite characters, and a translation team we're lucky to have. I'll miss this one--glad we get one more chapter.

While Dungeon Meshi is soon to be over, I have high hopes that the world created isn't. It's absolutely ripe with potential, I hope the author will continue to write about this world.

"The Further Adventures of Izutsumi"? (Too greedy?)

Dex-chan lover
What a wild journey we all have been taking together.
One more chapter to wrap it up all for good. What a time to be alive.

Dex-chan lover
squidward-oh-no-hes-hot.gif

Dex-chan lover
This is the only time subaru will get to eat out falin, let him have this.

In the chapter where subaru got angry at Laios for resurrecting falin using "bad" magic I was wondering why it was considered forbidden, since technically resurrection is completely normal in the dungeon AND the fact they used the dragon to do it doesnt matter bc it was going to be killed by another party anyways. So what makes it forbidden? The spell only fucked up because Thistle messed with it, not because the magic was bad

Dex-chan lover
You know, I was worried. But I think Laios actually really will make a good king. The fact that he was bold and stony enough not to give in to the elves authority is a GREAT sign for his ability to rule. Not trying to lean on a grandiose speech, and I truly adore his choice to use his monster forms pelt as a cape.

I have a lot of emotions about the way he discarded his monstrous robe. Like. All his life he wanted to be a monster- to be as removed from humanity as he felt. The way he felt about his home town rejecting his sister, the way he felt apart from people. And he got his wish. And then he had to use it to do something. Terrible. I dont think he regrets it, and I don't think he'd do anything else. But eating something alive, while its talking. Not to mention how this is all tied up in what happened to his sister....

It just struck me. He got what he always wanted. And then he comes back tearing the pelts off, throwing them, running, hiding from his friends....

But now. He's picked up the pieces. And is wearing his creation, his self who is apart from all others, the part of him apart from humanity, as a fine and regal thing.

Users who are viewing this thread