Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 96 - Falin IV

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter is supposedly the last one.... I feel sad now.. and happy since it means I get to look forward for the author's next work.
It's been a great run. This manga has been a wild-ride, i'm gonna miss the various threads and updates for this. It's like seeing off your best-friend.

Kind of sad that Marcille lost her desire to look neat, but I guess it's better compared to
Laios who lost his sense of taste, he doesn't look particularly happy eating any of the food this chapter, compared to everyone else who are enjoying the feast.
i think that may be a good thing for him, since he can't do that anymore. Monsters are gone and he is now busy being king, it not like he can afford time to go harvest and eat etc
Having an unfulfilling desire and nagging him would just be a burden

Dex-chan lover
This feel like the manga "The Great Cleric" with the awfull surnames tendencies to honor the MC

Dex-chan lover
This chapter really show how great Ryoko sensei at character design. Every character has distinct face yet share similarities between races. I can't imagine having to draw that many character
I assume you've seen the extras that shows off her art-work? She really does a bang-on job on doing distinct faces, especially when it comes between different species and the individuals amongst them.

Dex-chan lover
This series is so good, its up there with baldurs gate 3
Funny you say that. She has some artwork of the older Baldur's gate character portraits in her style. You can tell she's a big fan of D&D and CRPGs.
fzUt6PV.jpg

Dex-chan lover
If you tell me Laios is going to be king when we only have one chapter, I probably won't trust you, but here we are 😂
They grow up so fast 🥹

Dex-chan lover
This is the only time subaru will get to eat out falin, let him have this.

In the chapter where subaru got angry at Laios for resurrecting falin using "bad" magic I was wondering why it was considered forbidden, since technically resurrection is completely normal in the dungeon AND the fact they used the dragon to do it doesnt matter bc it was going to be killed by another party anyways. So what makes it forbidden? The spell only fucked up because Thistle messed with it, not because the magic was bad
These are just my theories.

First, the elves want their race to stop marrying short-lived races. If an Elf's short-lived partner died, they can just use resurrection. This will result in no more pure Elf and the line between short-lived and long-lived becomes hazy or disappear permanently.

Second, if everyone allowed to use resurrection, then everyone can actually be considered immortal. What happens when everyone is immortal? No one value lives anymore. People will just murder for fun, or perhaps using that to torture. Also, if no one dies but new offsprings keep being born, there will be not enough living space for everyone, this will trigger a war for living space. But everyone being immortal, you can imagine that kind of war won't end until someone press nuke button to kill everyone

Dex-chan lover
These are just my theories.

First, the elves want their race to stop marrying short-lived races. If an Elf's short-lived partner died, they can just use resurrection. This will result in no more pure Elf and the line between short-lived and long-lived becomes hazy or disappear permanently.

Second, if everyone allowed to use resurrection, then everyone can actually be considered immortal. What happens when everyone is immortal? No one value lives anymore. People will just murder for fun, or perhaps using that to torture. Also, if no one dies but new offsprings keep being born, there will be not enough living space for everyone, this will trigger a war for living space. But everyone being immortal, you can imagine that kind of war won't end until someone press nuke button to kill everyone
Thats interesting!

But... I wasn't really talking about why dark arts resurrection magic is forbidden

1. Because of how dungeon magic works, resurrection is possible in the majority of cases and no one bats an eye if someone is resurrected
2. Marcilles spell needed a large amount of fresh meat in order to work
3. While I understand and agree killing a bunch of creatures to resurrect someone is bad
4. The red dragon was going to die anyways. If not killed by Laios & Co. it would've been the orcs, or a much stronger party.

So basically I was using a loophole, because resurrection is ok in the dungeon, it doesn't really matter how its done, especially since killing monsters for parts is common and encouraged

Users who are viewing this thread