Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97.6 - Extra - Harta Magazine Anniversary

Double-page supporter
05.jpg

06.jpg

From https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonMeshi/s/fpkFGnTngx

There are quite a lot of scattered fan translate pages in there
Even Namari and Chilchuck assumed Marcille would get special treatment from Laios.

Dex-chan lover
I never understood why Liaos and his sister or even just himself never went in on their own to try eating monsters since he was so gungho for it
They may have felt uncomfortable and afraid of being judged without the support of others.

I feel like this is something of a plothole imo, hunger tends to be one of the first thing people do something drastic with so it's wild to me that eating the less "monsterlike" monsters isn't a wide-spread or at least semi-common practise in dungeon.
We also have to consider the fact that most adventurers only dare to go down the third floor at most, Laios lost some party members because he wanted to go down further, that's why he got introduced to Chilchuck. Kinda makes sense that if you don't go deep into the dungeon, it's likely you won't meet a situation where you'd run out of rations. I assume the only people who would go deep are the canaries and the crazies, that's why monster cuisine isn't a popular thing, but some still know of it, which is why Laios' has a gourmet book.

Dex-chan lover
Superb as always, hard to believe it's been six months already since the grand finale of this glorious epic.

Also on this extra specifically, kind of nerdy but since I've been studying rocketry a bit recently it brought to mind "the tyranny of the Rocket Equation". Rockets have to carry all their own fuel and oxidizer and accelerate to very high speeds, and doing more requires more fuel. But of course fuel and oxidizer are heavy too, and thus you need to add more just to lift the weight of adding more, which itself needs more, etc. Thus almost the entire mass of a rocket at liftoff is entirely propellant. In contrast, aircraft get fantastic efficiency benefits from having external oxidizer (oxygen in the atmosphere) and working fluid.

Adventurers here "rocketing into the hostile alien environment of space[the dungeon]" having to take everything with them, which means taking even more with them, and is all very expensive. Laios managed a transition akin to everyone using rockets and him figuring out how to make a turbofan instead, or do in-situ fueling. Enormous gains lol.
I like the analogy, thanks for sharing.

Power Uploader
@blueaqua
Typo on page 1:
"...every time, its outrageous for..." > "...every time, it's outrageous for..."

Dex-chan lover
Not on mangadex I don’t think, the daydream hour stuff is on batoto, but otherwise these translations are moreso just from reddit and tumblr
I see. I just glanced at some pages and it seemed to me that they had already been posted as bonus stories.

I never understood why Liaos and his sister or even just himself never went in on their own to try eating monsters since he was so gungho for it
Probably wasn't on their list of priorities and too busy with life and paying bills. Sort of like how people have New Year's Resolution and never actually achieve them. They were probably like, "Oh crap, we're in the Red again. I still gotta pay off the loan on my armor, rent payment is due this week and Farlyn has her student loan. I still owe everyone their paychecks and there's a limited time free course on sword fighting tonight. I better take on some part-time jobs to cover some of our bills too"

Users who are viewing this thread