Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 9 Ch. 60 - Winged Lion

Dex-chan lover
@ilikepi31415

I found few references to winged lions, the most likely reference i found if anything would be to a passage in the bible, Daniel 7
There in a vision Daniel saw 4 "beasts" and the first one was a winged lion.
the four beasts were later revealed to be four kings who ruled four kingdoms.
If we presume that this lion is a reference to the bible and considering it calls itself "power"
It's likely that the lion is the will of the dungeon itself or something created to control it.
Or if you want to make it extra plot twisty, it could be the wizards conscious that he somehow removed from himself.
its been awhile since i read all the chapters but my theory would sink pretty fast if there were references to the lion before the dungeon was made.

but yeah, this is just me speculating, its possible its also just a normal creature with a lot of power cause the author saw the picture of a winged lion and thought it was cool.

Dex-chan lover
cover page : chic chac and his 3 daughters . now we are on this topic , hobbit / half-ling / half-foot girls are legal l0li , lol .

the pages below are from this manga / anime : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjBTHb9E78k . this anime also has some elf girls .

https://----[! URL is only accessible to you. !]----/w6OPCr3_HKiIj_IsM0LKkuny6OOJ9V_M_M1yP_eP8M2YU3Ca26sh0YKRUWY8XjtW82PfHepuJ1fLM2LZ0dHJH-efQB96Yh9lYPjVGv44eU6fxXJ7DH5k4WL0OR_wDvWkFOGA_MxEy7sPK-BIiFCauyZGNrBX0znup7q_EnNVlQqgYPQuNPTf9dkvMaXhwYNdBUSOf6J1J-i5HTA26dpwxN5kuqqw1d8g6Xg9_ZsiwDBEDdqQz1uTfK4Gr3ouu_nfunWuyJNdMcLYmpCoGQh48a42e_ythd09UEKORO-_K1F-v53NzkavvffSpXH8NmjFAZY3-Mq2ZfHctAYA4-qJgFe3WMy4jeEqP8uf6AuD4rEr2nILHs9nl89ODsyNZpbBWAWO8fhUhe-kCAyI2GENVft9IHya0c1PQuJj0dFIJx0HOYyYH4Gd3A0KF_IxA9x6NZ7_4pEnRhxBCdKvSZpKGjmx6AsTsDnOv7L8qc7wF6NhdQmiFankyK30u-eK9RZ8VW2Ly8i2K094NElD9VvoQFc23pmvv_sZX6wPn89v0_QrGyRPIm1bXeE4XAjGQiBsNnuG4sbKgGBaDRgsY8JqgDWaChI6lHHQFB9cUuqeZgrMmFDJXt6K-aNNl67EC5YuoiIGmOCJjhMPHREO6KkBKBotDYB6cLm21nWHNsXOQ9N6LKgnPboOUcU=w1271-h885-no

Dex-chan lover
The quality of the art and story continue to astound me. Especially the ability to mix comedy and hardship with a spoonful of cooking.

I don't even mind the wait, this manga is worth it all!

I imagine the Winged Lion is, as it stated, just the power/magic keeping the entire dungeon running. It's taken on that form because of the citizens' relationship with the imagery of a winged lion, probably?

I honestly don't see why everyone ship Laius and Marcille.
Marcille in his dreams sees a prince from shojo manga, which is the farthest thing in the world to Laius.
Laius, on the other hand, immediately realizes that he is dealing with a succubus when it approaches her in the form of Marcille.
So much so that the succubus to make him fall into temptation must turn into a monster - that she's actually always been a hidden monster - and promise to transform him and all the others (except Isutsumi, which being the cat of the group does not count, and in the eyes of Laius always acts only as a cat) in monsters themselves.

Ultimately, there is not a single possibility of love between Laius and Marcille. In fact, I see a lot more chances of yuri between Farilyn and the elf than with her brother...

Double-page supporter
I think deep inside, Laius wants the Evil sorcerer to turn Marcille into a hybrid monster 😅

PS: Did I miss a chapter? Can't say I remember a chapter about Magic Mirror.

Everyone with regular shipping googles: Aw yeah, look at the Marcille/Laius ship sailing !
Me with regular yuri googles: Aw yeah, look at Laius shipping Farlyn x Marcille in his dream !
Also me busting my high grade crack shipping google: Laius x Winged Lion let's go

Dex-chan lover
@Ashuras
are you sure?

Izutsumi is the only one who's always unchanged in his dreams/fantasies

Izutsumi end because implying Laius isn't going to plow a monster is simply wrong.

e: but yes winged lion is precious

Dex-chan lover
cover page :
- in kabbage 's party , note that hobbit girl and dog boy are the 1st ones who hear the mermaid 's song , because their races have the best ears .

- marcille love the killer rabbits from the game dragon's crown : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu_pX5QgJqk .

page 3 : so laios 's feti$h is free-hanging hair , with no pony tail , no hair-clip , no braid , ...

page 4 : laios is forcing a girl to the wall , and pulling his sword out to threaten her , and saying "i need to make sure nobody sees what im about to do to her" , he totally looks like and sounds like a r@pist , lol .

note that cat girl is indifferent in page 4 and page 7 .

page 6 : i guess you can say : her crotch has "another mouth" , ... forget it , she has a lot of "lower mouths" .
laios : you are going to "do me" with which mouth ? i dont know if i like elf mouth or wolf mouth more .

page 7 : what a nightmare , chic chac has another mouth to b!tching and griping .

page 16 : 1 person ties up his mushrooms , and 1 person sells blade fishes . the fishes 's 1st appearance is in chapter 15 .

page 17 : coin bugs and flowers .

page 19 : a bloody tomato with embryo , the perfect vegan food , lol .

Dex-chan lover
the ideals of the winged lion remind me of this : page 6 of this chapter : https://mangadex.org/chapter/190084/1 .

but i think his logics are kind of wrong , just replace "monsters" with "humans" and you will see : page 10 : other adventurers kill humans for fun , but your party are different , you love humans so much that you even eat humans after killing humans .

and no spoiler below , it is just some big image :

x6.png

Users who are viewing this thread