Dungeon Meshi

Izutsumi is a really petite girl. :p She has that runner's build though. Very tomboyish. Or should I say, tomcatish? :D

Dex-chan lover
"Nobody would get excited over a Beast-kin"

hahahahahaha....

Group Leader
X9
Why was Laius the only one wearing a blindfold?
Two girls. Senshi thinks of himself as the oldest, who sees everyone else as children with himself as a parental figure, especially toward Chilchack. Chilchack is seen as a child by everyone due to his halfling race. So by process of elimination, Laius is the only "man" in their prime within the group.

Dex-chan lover
Only Laius is blindfolded because he's obsessed with monsters. Beastkin are monsterlike enough that he's super interested. Didn't you see him shouting 'at least let me count her nipples!'?

it's to protect her from Laius being Laius, not to protect her from sexual assault or embarrassment

Laius and Marcille know that Chilchak is actually pretty old. It's just Senshi who thinks he's a kid.

Group Leader
Only Laius is blindfolded because he's obsessed with monsters. Beastkin are monsterlike enough that he's super interested. Didn't you see him shouting 'at least let me count her nipples!'?

How do we know he wasn't interested in nipples solely out of curiosity ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I kid. I must have missed that that little tidbit before the next panel. Your observation makes much more sense.

Supporter
My best guesses for the main cast's alignment...

Laius- Chaotic Good
Always tries to do right by people but really sucks at being a part of society.

Marcille- Chaotic Neutral
Almost going to put her down as chaotic good, but she is too self centered for that.

Senshi - Chaotic Neutral
No idea what drove Senshi to become obsessed with dungeons.

Chilchack- Lawful Neutral
Poor Poor put upon Chilchack has a rigid code of behavior that has kept him out of trouble for most of his life.

Izutsumi- Chaotic Neutral
Has had a really shit life, just a small push from Chaotic Evil.

Dex-chan lover
In retrospect, as well-structured and executed as this is, this story would probably be significantly less interesting without Laius.

Amongst quirky characters, he still stands out.

HAHA

Ahh man, I'm like 15 chapters in and I love this dungeon crawl manga!

Most dungeon crawl or "Other world" manga have issues with the pacing of the main plot but I feel like this one could go a LONG way since the main plot is the cooking aspect and the adventure is somewhat a side-plot.

Either way I love that they are learning about each other as a team, exploring the world and experiencing the "main" plot of cooking all the stuff they come across.

I...REALLY don't like this new character. The last few chapters have been all about her, and she is still deeply unpleasant. Hopefully her character turns the other corner and settles into whatever roll she is supposed to fill and we can get back to the story.

Double-page supporter
I knew one day they would prepare balut but I certainly didn't expect THIS

Aggregator gang
@Garlyle To me she is a refreshing character, I mean, she is a cat girl that actually is more cat than girl. I was getting tired of the trope of cat girls wich only trait was cat ears and a tail, and sometimes ending her phrases with a "nyan". Also, like in real life, now they have to deal with someting that throws them out of balance and makes trouble without any real gain for them aside battle power, but she is kinda unstable in that matter. She may become valuable in the future though.

Contributor
Well... I certainly didn't expect mammal balut mmm...

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say the last few chapters have been all about her. 41 introduced her, 42 had little focus on her, though 43 and 44 have given her some focus. The thing is those chapters have also mostly been establishing her relationship within the group. Senshi, Chilchack, and Marcille have all had their turn with her, so expect that Laius gets a turn within a chapter or two before easing up on her presence.

"this man may end up having a huge influence on the fate of this island", the star of David in the background makes this statement extra hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread