Dungeon Meshi

Stumbled upon this manga by searching manga titles with "dungeon" in it and saw how high its rating is and gave it a try. After reading a few chapters, it is definitely deserving of the high rating. The setting doesn't feel cliche despite being set in a fantasy world, a lot of thought was given in the monsters being presented in the story, and the characters have more traits than just their quirky behavior.

It's also hilarious and it is always enjoyable seeing Marcille complain, kinda like Aqua.

thiiiiistle ;_;
farlyn is so cute tho <3 <3 i cant believe thistle took her berries... betrayal...

Im pretty sure the panel in which the samurai guy clasp his hand is from some old painting, does someone knows it?

Group Leader
JUST FOUND OUT THAT DUNGEON MESHI HAS BEEN LICENSED IN MY COUNTRY AND IM FUCKING ESTATIC

Slice of life…in a dungeon. That's IMO the perfect way to describe this manga. Btw. why is the "Slice of Life" tag missing?

Double-page supporter
has farlyn been fixed yet? i can't stand
body horror
so i had to drop this after
she got revived and then transformed
really want to read this again though but not if it's going to make me feel sick. this manga was 10/10 back when she was still
dead
but chapters past that just make me sad
wish this had the tragedy tag so i could've never started reading it in the first place

For those wondering, it's really slow on the uptake. There are great plot, world building and character arcs, but you need to read through 20ish slice of life chapters first. Or rather, the genre changes completely after the first arc, from light-hearted comedy to epic adventure with comedic elements. I like it better that way, but some might be upset.

Ch 65: laughed histerically🤣 just comedy gold

Ch 62: most disturbing scene in this manga

Dex-chan lover
@gravitytaxes : well nothing change tho. I assumed you have read until Laius party, Samurai dude party, and Kabru party vs the sister part. The vibe are similar between when farlyn was still dead or after transformation to a chimera. Basically they will find a new goals to bring back farlyn similar to the first chapter. Author did a good job for not dragging it up and come with a resolution for everybody (the tragedy only last about 2 chapters).
You will still find your usual comedy gag, monster ecology, cooking recipe, character dev, and begin to understanding the secret why dungeon was made in the first place and how it works and what is its relations with elven kingdom

Aggregator gang
I don't actually see an answer to the question, so I'm going to ask it again myself: have they properly saved Farlyn yet? If not, then as far as I'm concerned this series ended on chapter 28. There has been nothing else and never will be anything else for this series. Happy ending, story over.

I'm only in volume 1 but I don't understand how they keep saying they can die and can be revived. Is the dungeon an alternate reality or something? Or is that ablity magic related and only a magician can revive people? I don't know how or when I missed the explanation to this.

@danceicarus I just assumed it's RPG-like where it's more of a status effect than true death; your soul doesn't leave your body so if you're healed by magic in time you can come back? I guess

Users who are viewing this thread