Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria - Vol. 26 Ch. 109 - Escape

Dex-chan lover
Uhhuh, I promised that if **** doesn't send Thanatos back to heaven, I'd stop calling her by her name. I didn't foresee Thanatos sending Thanatos back to heaven, though I guess I should have. He had his followers turn into suicide bombers, so it makes sense he would be ready to do the same to himself. If I were to consider the technicalities, it was Braver's plan that forced Thanatos to do it, leaving him no other choice, so even if Loki was too much of a loser to do it personally, she still achieved it nonetheless. I guess I can keep using the scum goddess's real name, occasionally.

An interesting end to the long arc. Often the "I'm not the final boss" plot isn't entertaining at all, but the writing it so good in this series that it works well. There was always so much unknown about the whole Knossos thing that nobody could say this came out of nowhere. More than once I wondered how the whole Evilus and Thanatos thing, in combination with Knossos, didn't seem to make much sense, but this revealed they didn't need to make sense because they were just fools used for other purposes.

It's a bit too clean that the whole Dionysys force was eliminated while the others lost nobody, but if the green flesh mass actually wasn't that fast, it would make more sense. Any adventurer with a working blessing could outrun it, but the Dionysys family members, after losing the patron deity, were just regular, slow mortals, plus they were all in a state of shock from losing Dionysys.

Dex-chan lover
Uhhuh, I promised that if **** doesn't send Thanatos back to heaven, I'd stop calling her by her name. I didn't foresee Thanatos sending Thanatos back to heaven, though I guess I should have. He had his followers turn into suicide bombers, so it makes sense he would be ready to do the same to himself. If I were to consider the technicalities, it was Braver's plan that forced Thanatos to do it, leaving him no other choice, so even if Loki was too much of a loser to do it personally, she still achieved it nonetheless. I guess I can keep using the scum goddess's real name, occasionally.

An interesting end to the long arc. Often the "I'm not the final boss" plot isn't entertaining at all, but the writing it so good in this series that it works well. There was always so much unknown about the whole Knossos thing that nobody could say this came out of nowhere. More than once I wondered how the whole Evilus and Thanatos thing, in combination with Knossos, didn't seem to make much sense, but this revealed they didn't need to make sense because they were just fools used for other purposes.

It's a bit too clean that the whole Dionysys force was eliminated while the others lost nobody, but if the green flesh mass actually wasn't that fast, it would make more sense. Any adventurer with a working blessing could outrun it, but the Dionysys family members, after losing the patron deity, were just regular, slow mortals, plus they were all in a state of shock from losing Dionysys.
I don’t even think it was THAT slow. It’s like the bear saying, you don’t need to outrun a bear, just your friend. The entire Dionysys family was used as bait for everyone to run because they were so much slower. As we saw with Aki’s group, they closed the door on them. You can sort of assume that every other group and family abandoned them to escape, hence why they’re the only casualties.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t even think it was THAT slow. It’s like the bear saying, you don’t need to outrun a bear, just your friend. The entire Dionysys family was used as bait for everyone to run because they were so much slower. As we saw with Aki’s group, they closed the door on them. You can sort of assume that every other group and family abandoned them to escape, hence why they’re the only casualties.
Isn't that the same thing, just expressed with an evil intention? Nobody actively used them as a bait, it was just the slowest person's fate to get caught first. Since their god abandoned them, they were too powerless to be anything but the slowest people among them all. It's not like the other families would have been responsible for them. The only family that was directly under protection for their special services was the Dian Cecht family, which Finn smartly saved due to suspecting some unknown factors must be at play.

I don't believe the doors would have been closed on them if they had reached the doors in time. But if they reached the doors more or less at the same time with the flesh mass, then it can't be helped anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Whew, what a rush. Kinda makes you wonder who Enyo is. Based on what Dionysus saw, I'm guessing it's Nyarlatothep or some Lovecraftian Old God or something. >_> It would align perfectly, seeing as he's an agent of chaos, and wears many faces.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
it's crazy how this is just a spinoff yet all the important world building shit takes place entirely within it. i love the main story but literally nothing important that moves the world forward happens in bell's pov. i wonder how this will tie into the next season of the main anime. i mean it's impossible for it to not play an extremely pivotal role considering that large flesh trees are growing out of the ground around orario.

Dex-chan lover
Whew, what a rush. Kinda makes you wonder who Enyo is. Based on what Dionysus saw, I'm guessing it's Nyarlatothep or some Lovecraftian Old God or something. >_> It would align perfectly, seeing as he's an agent of chaos, and wears many faces.
it's more than likely that enyo is a titan or an envoy of the titans. if you look up dionysus or orgia, it's said that dionysus was killed by the titans for some reason.

Dex-chan lover
it's more than likely that enyo is a titan or an envoy of the titans. if you look up dionysus or orgia, it's said that dionysus was killed by the titans for some reason.
Is there one that would fit the bill among the Titans though? I'm having doubts about this. Aren't the Titans supposedly enchained deep into Tartarus? Wouldn't that mean they are further underground? What would destroying the Labyrinth city do for them if such was the case?
(ah, and just so you know, I've not read the LN, nor watched the anime, the 2 mangas here are my prime source of info)

Dex-chan lover
Is there one that would fit the bill among the Titans though? I'm having doubts about this. Aren't the Titans supposedly enchained deep into Tartarus? Wouldn't that mean they are further underground? What would destroying the Labyrinth city do for them if such was the case?
(ah, and just so you know, I've not read the LN, nor watched the anime, the 2 mangas here are my prime source of info)
I don't know where I got the info from (I know one source from a fanfic about hachiman in danmachi (that one's a gem btw), but I know I have also seen it drawn in either manga or anime format too... or I suppose ln illus., but unlikely. Only issue is that the main story shouldn't cover it, should it? And sword oratoria is not there yet...), but I distinctly remember knowing the answer.
So I will avoid saying anything that could spoil (by avoiding saying anything concrete at all about it, instead only my impression). Not that my memory is strong enough that I can say too much anyway :p

What I will say, is that I didn't hate it, and with the foreshadowing sword oratoria has given it resolves most issues I did have with it. So hopefully you will think the same once it's revealed.

I will also say (on an entirely different note) that sword oratoria continues being my fav rendition of danmachi. The gore is higher (as in, realistic and not non-existent. tbf, main story got better regarding this in the latest seasons too, like last season with the unicorn dagger), the stakes are higher, people are actually dying as flies (even if some have too much plot-armor due to appearing in main story, which is painful when contradicted with the extras - giving something like "an entire familia died, but noone from the plot-important loki familia"), and the sheer grit displayed by those people is so much more.

Particularly, in this case, I really like how lefiya is portrayed.
She continues being that one annoying love interest/rival from main story, that is actually a really good character in this spin-off (if only most of the scenes with bell wasn't there for continuity...). Her despair is impactful, she is minor enough that she lacks the same kind of plot armor others have (similar to bete like that, but an entirely different archetype. They are safe themselves, but their friends, surroundings and emotional state is not), and overall truly portrays the hopelessness of someone who's ordinarily strong being utterly outclassed by the events.
Filvis was a great character too, and seeing her die is really a gut-punch from out of nowhere, rocking the foundations that you thought were safe. Which furthers ones empathy with lefiya in turn as you see her's crumble to dust.

Users who are viewing this thread