Dungeon Nursery

I just love the baby arachna. She gives no f's and always supports her master. Gobumi tries but fails which honestly isn't her fault as the child form of the weakest monster in the dungeon, and Harpiko seems like she wants to run away, but baby spider is always there waving the support flag!

Contributor
@UDie2day

Amazing how series like the guy who reincarnated as an onsen or the one where he becomes a farmer are still ongoing while this is the one that got canned. The Japanese must have some super shitty taste.

At least the last chapter has everyone grown up, so there's some closure.

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy Checked onsen isekai and it still on ch12, half of this mango. It might get axed later too. But, since the publisher is different there might be more lenient with axing criterion. I don't read both so can't say which is better.

Contributor
@xyzzy its a different market so its a given we don't understand their taste, but i agree it seems to be utter shit. cant believe this got axed, is there no righteous god in this world? I havnt laughed this often at a manga in a while.

Dex-chan lover
Checks publication status: Axed.

Checks my feels:

giphy.gif

Aggregator gang
Can this manga be called edgy?

I mean: the hero always wears black, his eyes are circled with black, seek easily revenge (RIP wizard of chapter 4), has a good heart (I mean, with all his exercises, his cardio must be pretty good), everybody see him as evil, is surrounded by monster girls who melt the hearts (okay, not his), ...

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing no one wants the scum of the earth to be the protagonist nor do they want him to get his way. Or low readership. Probably low readership.

Dex-chan lover
I am slightly glad that this one actually got axed.
Why?
Because it was obviously running on a bad premise. It ran on the one, singular joke, that a summoner was using his own fists to defeat monsters, because his contracted summons were absolute crap.
Yeah, that was funny for about 3 chapters. From there on out, it ran on an empty tank of "cute monster girls" and "the MC is so evil, hurr durr". The story either had to drastically change directions, or just cut itself short.
And apparently, it ended up cutting itself short. What a shocker.

Supporter
@Solipsist
So what if it had one central theme? What it did with the theme is what mattered.
The MC was an enjoyable asshole, the Summons were cute and had their own weird personalities.
The side characters, did enough to be enjoyable and help contrast with the MC.
It did stuff at an enjoyable pace and didn't linger too much on boring stuff. The pay-off was always on point.
Like compared to the tons of mediocre, boring and frankly shit Isekais with characters that had no personalities, so boring people could project on to them, with just fap material as companions, this one actually went a different route. The MC is overpowered, yes, but he is overpowered because he is competent, not because he has the blessing of God and some broken ass power meaning he can't lose ever.
The rating this manga has, is a testament to people actually enjoying what it had to offer and seeing that it was an actual enjoyable, original read.

@Ovnidemon
Do you know the meaning of edgy? The dude is a suit-wearing, hard working, business man, with cut throat streak a mile wide, which has helped him in his business. All of that is made clear in the first couple of pages, of the first chapter.
He is in shape, because he did martial arts and he is not seen as evil. He is evil. He manipulated a shop owner, making him believe that he was helping him, while setting him up for failure so he could get the money he invested in the shop. The girls who surround him are children.
I mean are you joking and I feel for it, or what?

Aggregator gang
@Sleepii Yes I was joking. It's just that if it was written like I did, it has similarity with Shield Hero, Arifureta, … But nearly everything is in the wrong sense: There are Monster Girls but they are babies, in opposite to the love interest of the edgy hero. When I talked about having a Good heart, I mean it litterally, instead of figurative. He wears black but in suit, not in goth/rags clothes, ...

Users who are viewing this thread