Dungeon Reset - Vol. 1 Ch. 58

Hey everyone, its kookie and I am speaking for flame and vale!!

So as everyone knows we are still scanlation our series Dungeon Reset!, there has sadly been some confusion about this however. We were scanlation this series in a collab between DEVMAX and flame-scans, DEVMAX (formerly mangadods) were translating the series at first before mangadods shut down. After deciding to build up their team again they wanted to pick Dungeon Reset up again, they however lacked the capability since they did not have sufficient korean translators. To fix this issue they contacted us, Vale, to collab due to us having enough translators. Flame-scans here after also joined the party because they had actually picked up Dungeon Reset after mangadods shut down, they wanted to continue working on it with us which turned in a 3 way collab.

Now the problem is that DEVMAX decided to suddenly end the collab, they accused us of wanting to hog the series and they are making us out for a load of bad things. This however is in no way fair and this is why.

A collab in the scanlation world is where two groups work together on a series, people will want to collab when they are missing the manpower to do a whole series theirselves. But when a colllab happens it mean that all groups involved will be able to get the recognition and fame for the series theyre working on. This also means that the series. Dungeon Reset has been claimed by three groups. It is in no way DEVMAX's right to put a claim on the series (if anyone it should be for flamescans since they picked it up after mangadods shut down). Even if DEVMAX was formerly mangadods, once you drop a series its done and other people have the right to take it over.
The collab was great and nothing was done wrong to them, we were all working harmoniously on it and enjoying the benefits of Dungeon Resets fame. However recently DEVMAX decided to completely abandon Vale and Flame and continue to do the series theirselves. The only way this is possible is because of Dungeon Reset. The popularity of the series got them more fame and in return more staff. Now the reason why they would do this;

As before mentioned Dungeon Reset is a very popular series, DEVMAX YT is currently focussing on releasing their chapter to youtube which earns them money. They theirselves said that they would focus more on youtube instead of mangadex. However if the collab continued we flame and vale would release the chapter on mangadex instead of youtube and seeing as youtube is not in fact a platform where people actively read manga, mangadex would be taking away audience from their youtube platform. This is because if the chapter isnt on mangadex wouldnt u want to read it anyways even if its on youtube?

In the end all they wanted is to make more money, usually even when a collab end it should be properly discussed why and how they are going to split the series. There could be a harmonious decision to maybe have a group drop it and in exchange work together on another series or something of the sorts however they decided to rudely ban every of our staff members from their server and remove them from all work related files.

The only reason we decided to bring this up is because lately we have witnessed them badmouthing us in mangadex or on discord. We didnt want any argument but we won't take needless and baseless discrediting and degradement.

Thank you very much and feel free to ask or dm me any questions!

DISCORD: kookiekono#2210

Dex-chan lover
Part of it is because I get to rub it in the faces of people who bitched about the elder before, but I'm actually starting to like him. The elder did what he had to do to survive. That's his character, and it's something that basically everyone in this dungeon has done. Some of those things were not the best, such as sending the newbies to be scouts. We have never seen anything horrible from him, though. And he very clearly is willing to change when he needs to. It's to survive. He isn't a douche just because, and when he doesn't need to be a douche, he isn't. That's nice. That's character growth.

Group Leader
Hey everyone! Flame/vale scans here. I'm here to explain why we ended our 3-way collab with devmax.

1 day the owner of vale scans was removed from the dungeon reset group without any notice. When he found out, he assumed it was a mistake and contacted gravity about it to figure out what's going on. He was told that the tl is no longer needed and that they're being removed from the collab. He also found out that they were working on clrding dungeon reset, and when he was confused he decided to contact flame scans and ask them why they're no longer clrding. Well, it seems like they weren't told. They were also planning on removing them without saying anything.

They told us that this was their plan from the beginning after we realized what's going on, it was temporary which was not something we agreed to at all. We were confused. Mangadods dropped this series and both flame and vale had interested in picking it up, and when we agreed to, we decided to add devmax since gravity reached out to vale. It was a gesture of friendship and a way to help a scan group continue and grow. We told them we will continue it and they warned us how the community would view us to stop us.

Fast forward they suddenly mass release all 3 chapters without notifying as well as suddenly banning us from their staff discord and their main discord. Here is something important. We ended the collab @ chapter 54 and the collab was a 3-way collab. After they banned us, they stole our tl which was in the drive and pushed 55 and 56. They also removed flame scans and used their ts/clrd.

They also decided to steal flame scans credit page and decided to keep the fonts they brought for the collab.

gravity told us he wants no drama

Gravity then begins attacking us on mangadex and their discord server with his fellow staff members. They began saying its low quality work of their reupload. We were both hard to work with and they were claiming we did stuff to break the collab. we only added 1 role each to the group etc. All of that is a lie and here is why. Gravity asked for a collab with vale scans on another series since their current collab is ending. That's right, they wanted to collab with the low quality hard to work with scan group???????? Regarding vale and flame bringing in 1 role each, that is a lie, while Vale scans only brought in a tl, it was because that was all that was requested. Flame scans brought a ts and a clrd.

Gravity and his fellow members already admitted they used it, but they also lied to the community, lied to us, and began attacking us for the last 4 days even though we've stayed quiet. 1 of the last messages gravity sent was this "overall, I'm 30 years old. I have a job, a wife, and kids. my job is being the director of rehab at a nursing home. I do this for fun. I get no income from this. I don't want drama. I just want to log in, have fun chats, and work on some manga.". That was determined to be a lie

We can assume that's why they dint affiliate with us or give us a shoutout when we did that for them.

The last thing we would like to mention is the fact that DEV MAX ONLY CARES ABOUT MAKING MONEY FROM YOUTUBE. This is all it is about. them making money from youtube.

Sadly since we were banned from their discord we lack the most important screenshots. that being said, if needed, we have some!

Dex-chan lover
so the corruption only effects dirt? pretty weak corruption though what exactly stops it from spreading outwards towards the wall? sure the bridge has a stone floor but the wall is just open dirt or does it just not spread?

@ValeScanlation that sucks man, sadly there are shitty translation groups out there but at least their shitty behavior has been brought to light.

Group Leader
Yeah it really sucked. They went crazy and instantly began attacking us the moment we uploaded our chapters. We kept quiet about it but after 4 days we decided enough is enough. @Doomer

Huh, I was hoping to find some leads on what was going on with the splitting groups, since I found it weird they both release their version of the same chap after announcing the collab was ending. I thought I would wait to see if more infos keep appearing before choosing which group to follow.
Seems I did well to keep my guard up.
I will compare the qualities on the next chapters to come and choose based on that. Though if the quality is enough, I will ignore devmanga since I don't know what they're doing on youtube and I don't like them posting a scan on that monetized platform. It increases the outlaw risk and I'm not a part of this.
I'm gonna read this chapter now...
EDIT: Well I read it, and didn't notice any problem with the quality. I'm still checking the other chaps though.
But hell, it was already quite minecrafty, but the torch on the way built like this, even I who has never played it knows it's so minecraft. Seriously, I don't know what to think about that.
Oh, and I appreciate the novel chapters reference. I never read them, but I still appreciate the hint for those who do. Maybe I'll be even more grateful when suddenly I'll find a serie which motivates me enough to read both. (I'm already seriously wondering for Omni-reader though...)

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

@ValeScanlation what are u going to do with Ultimate soldier? I read "Dungeon reset", "Ooparts" and "Ultimate soldier" from devmax here on mangadex, but after this if you keep doing 2 of them i guess ill stick to ur group translations

Dex-chan lover
Why did he make a curved path instead of a straight one? He could have saved a lot of material and time.

@Neko-min
Omnireader is worth it for the first 350 chapters or so. Afterwards, it starts getting more and more boring - The personalities of the "original" MC and the MC simply don't get fleshed out much, and basically stagnate throughout the whole novel... A bit disappointing tbh.
A novel I can recommend is A Returner's Magic Should Be Special and 4000 Year Mage.

When you're building a bridge in Minecraft and can only put two blocks under feet and you have to remember to put torches so that the monsters don't spawn.

Users who are viewing this thread