E, Shanai System Subete Wanope shiteiru Watashi wo Kaiko desu ka? - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
The vibe of this seems pretty interesting and I absolutely love how everyone in her department resigned knowing they were screwed after she was fired. Absolutely hilarious.

I'm looking forward to the slice of life tag and I'll really love this if it's a topical work on how companies can't replace human resources with automation and not even really AI AI.
Reading the synopsis: Damn she got fired even though she's a one-man-show programmer?

After a few pages: Yeah I could see that
It's understandable but still heart breaking. Also while the cosplay is what got her noticed, but ultimately got her fired was a "restructuring" and the upper management insistence that her position didn't matter because she was doing it alone. I'd be laughing if there haven't been so many tech layoffs this year using the same logic. While companies are valued at more money than ever and brining in more revenue than every and continuously growing, they insist on forgetting that their BEST resources are human.

You deserve to be fired dressing like at work regardless of your importance. Totally innapropriate.
Yeah, no. So for one, it's arbitrary fashion rules like this that keep us in the stone ages. The idea of a dress code is just that, an idea. I mean it's literally not even actually consistent to all workplaces. Hooters won an actual supreme court case because their employees HAVE to be big breasted scantily dressed women (the case itself was more about Hooters not having to hire men, but that was the reason that won just you know, more officially said). And that's only in regard to job positions where the employee is in front of customers. In this case, the employee is in an office job. There is never anything more depressing than realizing we impose the strictest dress code in a line of work where people literally don't even see their co-workers. Like imagine forcing people to wear full business suits just to sit down all day inside a bland office in their tiny cubicle... oh crap we do. Now there is SOME merit to the psychology of dressing up. It empowers people and establishes a sense of dignity, but at the same time not all clothes affect people the same way and most companies don't give a crap about any of that. For them and clearly for you what's acceptable and unacceptable in the workplace is solely based on what everyone has done in the past, which is ridiculous.

2) Even going with what your saying, it's not on the employee if she's caught in the wrong dress code by upper management especially if this is a repeat thing. What would actually make sense if you genuinely care about that behavior is reprimanding her superior who allows that and the work environment they've established as a whole. At most you'd give the employee whose out of dress code themselves a warning and make them come to work in normal clothes the next day. I could see the manager firing her to save face and protect their own job, but it's really not upper management's job to fire her directly over the clothes alone (and granted they gave the excuse of restructuring). The exception being if there were numerous HR complaints about her and the manager just wasn't doing his job.... but literally most of her department quit when she was fired, so I get the feeling literally no one who actually worked with her had a problem with the way she dressed.

3) This is manga and fiction, so it's over dramatized, but this is a REAL issue in the workplace and business world as a whole. The fact of a matter is we're stuck with archaic ideas of what "professional" is that come from a heavily prejudiced time. I'm black and something that was a big shock to me was things I always grew up having thought of as normal being perceived as "inappropriate". I'm not even talking anything major, but stuff as insignificant as popular black hairstyles. Other things I've heard about were like men wearing nail polish (as in its professional for women, not men), stylized finger nails, etc.

How people choose to dress and stylize themselves IS important. It's how we show are individually or for some people how they show their cultural pride. Heck, a lot of what is considered "professional" to us just isn't in other parts of the world. The fact that we still determine people's worth in the workplace especially in places where we don't even see other employees much less customers by these arbitrary standards is ridiculous. It's also frankly an insult to our individuality and does serious damage to people. Like I said how we choose to dress ourselves is a core part of our identity. Historically, whenever civilizations have tried to assimilate other civilizations they've ALWAYS forced them to dress how they do. A not too long ago example is with native Americans in the US. The clothes we wear do have powerful psychological and sociological effect. By stripping away what people choose to wear and forcing everyone to confirm to a singular norm you can change entire states of mind. This is especially a problem in Japan which has SUCH a homogenous culture and so much social pressure. Like do I really need to remind you of their suicide rate? I'll actually give the positive news. It's been going down recently, because they've been easing up and newer generations are growing up with much more freedoms and opportunities to express their individuality without shame.

The MC described it very well in this chapter. She just wasn't happy before dressing up as society demanded is professional. In fact she was dead inside, but for her cosplaying became an armor. It allowed her to do her best work everyday (good for the company) and express herself (good for her own happiness and mental health). She wasn't doing any harm (in fact she was doing her best work and highly motivated). But hey, what does it matter? The company fired her anyway and they'll see just how much they lost soon enough.

Bruh, I wanted to be like "wait Japan treats their talent so poorly? Especially their engineers? They don't do that here in the US." Then I remembered my last job and my friend that still works there and I'm like "yeah, I get it." Hell, I had to job hop until I got a spot that actually complimented my work.
I mean it's kinda the opposite. In Japan, the work place culture is "potentially" toxic (it really depends; it's really just more traditional, which isn't exactly a compliment), but generally it's MUCH harder to fire workers. Even in the case where their position is gone. Workers themselves are also discouraged from quitting and there's a level of social pressure that makes it hard to job hop. In other words, the idea of moving between jobs until you find one you like is not nearly as common as in the US. You kinda trade one thing for the other. Like yeah in the US there's less job security, but you also won't get shamed for quitting a toxic workplace (or several). Then it's more or less the opposite in Japan (though times are changing for the better).

Yikes. I responded way too much. Getting, "read the comments on a news* article." vibes now. I'm gonna shut off my phone before I respond to every comment on this website.

Dex-chan lover
I don't seem to see it mentioned here, but...

Manuals are not some divine implements that mean you understand how to operate something as soon as you read it. They're for people who already know what they're looking for. Nobody gets paid to write documentation that is truly universal.

An in-house system with little reference to contemporary platforms is going to die without a proper legacy of mentors.

Dex-chan lover
As a software developer, if the company expected me to document the codebase after working me half to death, I'd be laughing all my way to the doctor's office to get a sick leave for the rest of my time there.

Leave without leaving documentation. Let the code rot.

Dex-chan lover
As a software developer, if the company expected me to document the codebase after working me half to death, I'd be laughing all my way to the doctor's office to get a sick leave for the rest of my time there.

Leave without leaving documentation. Let the code rot.
Documentation but it's all completely wrong, and going off the guidance will completely brick the system ;3
I would actively reward and promote a sys engineer that showed up to work dressed as Kongou tbh. Incredibly based.
BURNING LOVE!

Double-page supporter
So, how long before things start to crumble and the old company comes crawling back to her? I give it 3 months tops.

as someone in the MC's position, minus the cosplay this hits hard, wonder what would happen if the company I work for let me go like that.

Dex-chan lover
It's unfortunate that she made a bad first impression with the new CEO because she was wearing cosplay, but the Succubus costume was probably pushing the limits of appropriate attire. That wasn't the reason for her being let go though.

This might be a quirk of the translation/ a difference in Japanese vs western business culture. The word "Dismissal" would imply she is being be laid off because of her conduct, but the reason given of restructuring would imply she was made "Redundant". Being dismissed is far worse for future employment prospects that being made redundant.

I'll give the CEO at least some credit that he didn't remove her maliciously. He looked into the department, saw her role, found out internally that there was clear and well constructed documentation and made the decision that she was not needed for the up keep. However I get the feeling he is completely unaware of the fact that she was the one to write the documentation and create the system. Her skills are worth her weight in gold.

I hope the thing that makes him realise the the error he has made is not something breaking within the internal system, but a case of trying to expand it without understanding the foundations. I'd love an side-arc where her old company has to fix the mess made, can't do it internally, so they hire some worthless outsourcers who break things even more, before re-hiring her back on as a temp contractor for an exorbitant rate.

Group Leader
Can't wait to read the rest of it.
I really wanna see the old Company burn down.

IT is commonly viewed as a useless Department as when they do their Job properly there are no Problems and they are seen as a Waste of Money and not for the basic service they Provide. (Like how the USPS is framed as 'losing' Money, when they actually are an important Service, like the Power Grid, that costs it's upkeep).
But when something goes wrong it's framed as IT's fault because they didn't do their Job.

I read a lot of comments but I got a bit of a different vibe from the Series. So here are some Thoughts about it:

-First I think MC's coworkers were slowly sifted out, after Their Department finished their Tool. Probably some external Manager saw them having a more Relaxed Workload. Our Story here starts when she is already the last person left.

-Our MC doesn't know her worth. For a Tool that is supposed to be an internally developed one, a lot of People in the IT Department Scene know about it. Her old Study Buddy seems to know about it, even when they haven't worked together or talked for years. So either her old Coworkers raved about it when they changed company and it became some sort of IT Urban Legend;
OR
the company is capitalizing on the Software by selling it. In this Case the Company has a big Problem when they just fired their Lead Developer.
As an example you may have heard when OpenAi Investors tried to get Rid of Sam Altman, who is the/a Lead Engineer of (Chat-)GPT and current CEO. When that happened more than half of his Department wanted to go with him and they were also
debating with Microsoft over possible employment. If that would have happened the Brain-drain could have Cost the Company a lot of Money and they would have Lost their Lead Market Position.

-In Mind of that her Old Study Buddy just found a SSS-Rate Developer by the Roadside. Her Cosplaying to Work is just a small Price to pay to get her to his Company.

-So the Old Company will be sailing rough waters from now on. After she left they apparently only kept the Department as a single position and the High Turnover means, that even when she 'wasted' her Time writing the Documentation, nobody can hold the position for Long. (They also seem to be hiring after the last Person left, as she didn't even train the new hire.)
Now when they get rid of the Position entirely, they will probably fall for the next cyber attack.

-Lastly she could maybe sue to keep her Copyright on the Software. As her Department was originally a Normal IT an not a Development Department her Contract maybe doesn't sign her Rights to the Software to the Company.

Finally i suggest you guys watch "The IT Crowd" (2006-2010) if you want to see some funny IT-Department Shenanigans.

Yikes. I responded way too much. Getting, "read the comments on a news* article." vibes now. I'm gonna shut off my phone before I respond to every comment on this website.
I liked reading your comment pretty much. I have to watch out too that i don't reply too much as well... but i think i failed here :-/ .

You deserve to be fired dressing like at work regardless of your importance. Totally innapropriate.
Inappropriate? I've worked on sites where guys were wearing shorts so short you could see their balls when they bent over or lifted a leg up. No one gives a dam about appropriate attire when the work flow is actually important, when the work flow can cost millions of dollars, when the work flow is time sensitive and hard.

The only people I've seen complain about work attire are either worried about health and safety, or do nothing at work and need to point those things out to justify their job.

Dex-chan lover
Why tf would i care what my employees wear if it isnt obscene or they arent someone who deals with clients/people? Id rather have 100 cosplayers working than 100 boring ass employees. Bonus if cosplaying helps them do better. The succubus thing is a warning for sure but i would take far more than that for a firing. And if they work mostly alone id just tell them to work from home or arrange a private room
the only reason I can see it as a problem is that is might be distracting at work.

Double-page supporter
You guys know what this is adapting?
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6813gp/
Itseems to be adapted from this light novel
Also the reasoning gave by the new manager was kinda acceptable, albeit he should have tried to understood the ground situation

"I've seen many employees who have become overly proud. They believe they are unique just because they have struggled a little. As a result, they create unnecessary costs. Cutting costs means cutting them out. And the manager's job is to develop the company despite the resentment of former employees."
--- This was the statement given in novel by him in the novel.

As much as there are star performers in companies, if they are a**holes, then they may create the most technical impressive miracles but in the end they would be brining the morale down for all the other people by creating a toxic environment to work in.

manager should have tried to understand the ground situation more before going with the reorg, but who are we kidding here 🤷🏼‍♂️, if he thought numbers everything, convincing something else is difficult especially after he was given the reigns to do whatever he want.

Last edited:
Firing the architect of your entire multinational company's system, and furthermore the ONLY person with any experience maintaining it to achieve "perfect efficiency". This totally won't backfire, right?

Expect a midnight call two months from now when the all internal servers and operations are shut down, and the company is bleeding millions by the minute.

Dex-chan lover
Zero waste. so they want to make an AI that can create a system or something?

Dex-chan lover
Also is this a sequel to another manga? I swear I think I read a manga about a office worker cosplaying before based on what they talk about in the first few pages

Users who are viewing this thread