E, Shanai System Subete Wan'ope shiteiru Watashi wo Kaiko desu ka? - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
just sharing a little something, but by management decision my boss was fired some years ago, and he also did a lot of the work in the area and the new boss was only one that "was gonna bring new ideas" so I asked immediately if there was gonna came another person to help with the task for the department and got a big no, while also waiting to get my boss past data as he got fired ASAP and even the knew boss power harrased my colleague (a just one year out of University junior), so I got sick and was gonna quit but instead took a different approach and had a health leave and watch the world burn for a couple of months... which at least was enough trouble to bring more people to the department and stop f*cking up.

tl;dr... manga story is realistic af.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I love this manga showing working man's wettest dream: giving the management middle finger.

There's a reason why FF8 (or any psone games) never get proper remaster, you can't just throw people and hope they'll reverse engineer it somehow.

Thanks for update😘

Like you said, she had made herself too invaluable as an employee by making mission-critical software that can't be maintained by others. That is a failure on her part.

Unless, of course, the other staff actually was taught the needed knowledge to maintain it as well, and the 'issue' here was them quitting in solidarity removing the backups from that company, too.
Not to pile on, but you should re-read the first few chapters. It's not like she didn't want to, they made her the only maintainer of something a whole team should have been working on, then canned her, and then threw two unrelated devs into the deep end to try and manage it. Doesn't matter how well documented it was, or even if it was intuitive to those who know what it was supposed to do, that's not how this kind of large-scale sys administration works, ever. Projects that take years to build can't be handed off to a completely new team with zero institutional knowledge without a transition period, and the other devs couldn't be expected to have a painless transition... and then they were roasted for it. When the pain is too much, you quit and get a different job. Fuck, I think a lot of us have been there.

Dex-chan lover
welp this is what happens when you seeing your staff and worker only as a number

Dex-chan lover
A good way to achieve job security in this business:
r_424296_voADE.jpg

Dex-chan lover
As much as I love seeing exploited, oppressed people flourish in a new environment that suits their talents...

I love seeing the exploitative oppressor get their dues MUCH MUCH MORE

Cope, mald, and seethe, a-hole boss.

Double-page supporter
Something worth noting though is that boss here is a somewhat capable guy: clearly understands he's in deep shit without downplaying the situation, accepts he screwed up BEFORE things could go any worse, takes action to immediately bring back the personnel who's clearly essential with no restrictions and also makes back up plans in case his main one fails, not that it worked but still... It'll be interesting to see him struggle to remain afloat.

Fed-Kun's army
This new guy, while good on him on dodging the bullet, but he's kinda an ass, I don't like him.
What's with the "how dare he compare me to those peasants" attitude, lol.
I think Evil Manager was entirely reasonable in this one aspect.

That said, this chapter reminds me about a a blog post I read years ago, where on of the OG grey beards and industry legends was seething at his Google job interview: "bitch, I was inventing programming languages and designing processor architectures before you could even walk, and you ask me to write a fucking FizzBuzz?!"
Wish I had it bookmarked, because I don't even remember now who exactly the guy was.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This new guy, while good on him on dodging the bullet, but he's kinda an ass, I don't like him.
What's with the "how dare he compare me to those peasants" attitude, lol.
He's an AI engineer, of course he's like that.

Dex-chan lover
Comrade, as per Econ 101, Profit = Income - Expenses. As you can see, Neither value nor labor are a part of this simple formula.
Is that what they teach in the econ majors? Where does income come from, if not generated by labor?

Users who are viewing this thread