EDEN - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Shion

Dex-chan lover
wa? when she was herself? is this implying the time when she got ruined? or when they were battling? y am i even asking... of course its when she got ruined damit... so where r they going with this? i thought our mc going to protect her... will he do a swear to do something? will he try to find a way to break the game? or something... or will next chapter the girl will be healed in some way? y am i questioning questions?

Man this is so stupid. Crying and caring for someone trying to kill and rape you and all of your friends because of some nonsense. I hate these garbage cliches

That was a bit of a let-down with the bad pacing, I barely managed to care for this girl before she buggered off.

Dex-chan lover
Oh fuck off. What an hypocrite of an MC and author. The only fucking reason he tried to help at all was because it's a girl.
Even on the same fucking story, he mercilessly killed her brother who hadn't done a fraction of what she had done, and he didn't bat an eye over it.
I hate this kind of shit.

This is the dumbest shit I have read in years. People in real life endure things like she did and don't magically become monsters. Everything about this is just the author jerking off their tragedy boner.

Dex-chan lover
Can't tell if the woman's lack of logic was meant to be satirical, because it was so bad.
Good thing we had Instructor's Burrito style jutsu end it.

Dex-chan lover
let kill other because we were the victims of rape ........ wow the logic of bullshit is strong in this one

@Elrinion this. it doesn't make any goddamn sense. Just make her evil, why bother even adding her a character arc within a chapter. The MC barely knew her, it's only been a few hours story-wise. Yet he's hellbent on "saving" her, even though she did worse shit than her brother and the traitor dudes. Even the author attempt to give her the "save me" treatment doesn't help. She did horrible shit, so why only now she's regretting what she's done. At least for me, her death and the MC's crying doesn't invoke any sympathy but rather it puts me off.

Her playing the victim and everyone falling for it I buy. But you really can't have any redemption for a character that has gone that bad and her being so unapologetic about it all just makes her so unsympathetic to the point where the MC looks stupid for caring.

If the author really wanted readers to actually buy some kind of sympathetic arc he should've toned down on this conspirator aspect to the point where she was a lot less culpable. Kinda weird the way it is now where it's written in every way to make her seem unsympathetic but the MC somehow still caring. Bit too big 180 from just earlier when he killed the brother and others.

Like others stated, only reason he seems to care is because she's a girl.

Dex-chan lover
@ZeroWWE Victims will often become offenders themselves. While it wasn't handled great in this chapter its perfectly reasonable. If you just google it you will find plenty of talk on the subject.

The logic goes something like "I don't want to be the victim so ill be like them" Its a little more complicated but basically its just a response to being hurt and seeing it as a choice between being the one hurting people or the one getting hurt. Its not exactly logical or anything but it is what happens.

Instead of being prey they would rather be predators so they no longer feel weak, powerless, helpless etc. Again not handled great but she clearly wasn't ok. The biggest problem was that they were sexist and Leon never got the same treatment. He should have showed some signs of this but instead they just treated him like scum.

Users who are viewing this thread