Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.1

Dex-chan lover
@Erilyn also there is really an error, which was the "problem" thing I originally meant.

I dont understand anything anymore XD was a long day I check it tomorrow again XD

Fed-Kun's army
Potential and capacity are defenitly switch in some places here, not sure if its the manga artists fault or translation issues.
Her problem is shes storing more magic than she can release, her body can't handle the stored magic so it causes her to faint. When shes fainted she can release more magic. The issue however is that the more her total magic gets, the longer she will stay fainted. It'll keep going from a few minutes passed out, to a few hours then to days at a time. Basically she'll eventualy die if it gets to great. At least thats how both the web and light novel states it.

The only way to really increase her ability to release magic is to train and grow, but she will die before she can balance the two.

Aggregator gang
For people expecting sense or logic in this manga , get ready to grind your teeth. If this follows the WN the highpoint was about 5 chapters back. This is just one of what will be a long list of head to desk moments

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully this means nicole is on the way to getting stronger cuz it's getting annoying how all her efforts come to nothing .

Aggregator gang
Scanlators, please stop putting the unnecessary face emoji directly on the panel and adding unrelated tl notes (memes, cleaner task banter, etc.) please. It disturbing the flow of reading by destroying the immersion. If you want just add all of it at the last page.

People are complaining on how nicole isn't getting stronger, but for me I think it's a fresh read compared to the 'i reincarnated and I'm suddenly a god' kinds of works. At least when she gets stronger it's going to be through effort and much training and not just because she had knowledge from her previous life.

I think you've messed up your potential and capacity there.
The nurse or doctor explains that Nicole has too much magic, but your explanation seems to say that she has too little when you say that her capacity can't catch up to her potential.

Aggregator gang
I'm lost.
If she stores too much she has to increase her output, not her production so it's the potential that has to catch up, not the other way around.

lots of people are kinda confused because the translators havent done a very good job at explaining it.

the terms in kanji are 貯畜 (chouchiku) which isnt a word on its own, but the 2 kanji together sorta mean "storage". the other one is 放出 (houshutsu) which means release.

The translator chose to use the terms 'potential' for 放出 and 'capacity' for 貯畜. I guess the terms are okay, but wernt explained properly.

Basically think of the body as a water tank. Magic capacity is how much mana you generate and can store. magic potential is your ability to release it to use it to create magic phenomena. In other words, you need good potential to be able to cast powerful magic, while large capacity will give you stamina to keep casting more/longer magic.

Nicole has huge and growing capacity, but very poor ability to release it. and as she grows her mana generation is outpacing her body's ability to store it. Since she cant release it well either that means its overloading her body stunting her growth and causing her to always be weak and fatigued. When her mana exceeds her capacity, she faints as a sort of protection to allow the excess mana to be released from her body.

Users who are viewing this thread