Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.1

Capacity: Max mana. The amount of "magickz" the body can store without complications. It's not a hard cap, but results in complications like Nicole has, like the body forcefully shutting down and releasing excess mana while unconscious.
Potential: Max "burst" mana. The amount of "magickz" the body can put into a single spell. If one had low "potential", they'd need to train it up before they can cast magickz which require lots of "magickz."
I think the problem lies in the explanation. I think Nicole's potential is bigger than her capacity. Her body tries to store mana to match her potential, exceeding her capacity in the process. I don't have explicit suggestions on how to get this across in the manga panels.

Group Leader
@PaterFrog Her capacity is her storage. Her potential is how much magic she can release. If she has too much potential, then she has too much magic. @Flyingpantsu

Capacity: Max mana. The amount of "magickz" the body can store without complications. It's not a hard cap, but results in complications like Nicole has, like the body forcefully shutting down and releasing excess mana while unconscious.
Potential: Max "burst" mana. The amount of "magickz" the body can put into a single spell. If one had low "potential", they'd need to train it up before they can cast magickz which require lots of "magickz."

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes her body is underdeveloped and shes having heart problems because she has too much magic not because she didnt fucking eat as a baby
sure whatever

Fed-Kun's army
Can't believe The absolute bastard didn't want to clean a single line.
XD
Nice name btw

@Fwaifuxsenpai
The way you explain it, it seems to me as follows:
Capacity: Max mana, size of the tank.
Potential: Faucet, how fast she can use up the magic/mana from the tank. Bandwidth, or flow rate, or ampere, etc..

Which means that if her potential is too high, it would seem to me that her capacity would always be empty regardless of her capacity. Hence the confusion.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Normally, the followup to this plot is "you must orgasm to release your excess magic"

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the potential doesn't just mean how much magic you can ouput, but also how much you can take in, hence why the capacity overloads since she is constantly taking in magic, but not constantly releasing it as one could require more concentration than the other (as potential meaning just output doesn't really explain why it's a mana overload instead of a mana deficiency 🤔 )

Dex-chan lover
@Kampfarsch I think the whole thing is a two fold issue, not taking in the right milk led the MC to be underdeveloped in capacity, and the MC's attempts at early training generated the high potential issue while also not having the right body development to accommodate the training (so the MC screwed up in two ways.)

MD@Home
the redrawer comments are hilarious. but i can see both laziness (it doesn't affect the context or readability), and the complaint(one line is... one line)

Users who are viewing this thread