Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.1

Dex-chan lover
@Fwaifuxsenpai
I think there is some mix-up in some bubbles. Capacity is max mana and potential is how much mana she can release and she faints when she stores too much magic.
Therefore why is her desease that her potential is much higher and grows faster than her capacity and why does she need to train this? Wouldnt release be the right one, so she can release enough to not have excess mana?

or do i got something wrong?

Group Leader
@Dragou We know about it! We didn't know which one sounded better. Capacity feels more like a limit and potential feels like how much power she can use. We didn't mix it up, we just didn't know which sounded better. If it bothers you much, we can change it.

Dex-chan lover
@Fwaifuxsenpai no it makes sense, but they explained which is what and what her desease is, but what they say she should train would be the opposite of where the problem lies.
because her problem is having too much mana and not releasing enough ... therefore training to have even more mana doesnt sound like the answer.

thats why I am asking if I misunderstood the desease or the explanation of the cure is somewhat strange

Dex-chan lover
The explanation makes no sense, are y'all sure you didn't accidentally switch up 'capacity' and 'potential' in one or more of the sentences? It seems like it could make sense if they were switched around in some of these word bubbles but not all of them.

Group Leader
We'll change it if anyone asks us to.
@katelyngadd No. They were switched on purpose. Not on accident. Which bubbles are you talking about?
@Dragou We thought that potential should be the amount of magic they can use and capacity is the amount of magic they can store.
The disease is the fact that the amount of potential (magic they have) is exceeding the amount of capacity (magic they can store)

Dex-chan lover
@Fwaifuxsenpai and @katelyngadd
oh NOW my brain started to understand the solution. because her mana gets over her limit she faints therefore they want to increase her limit to not faint instead of just make her increasing her output to offset it if that is even possible at al (which then makes still more sense in my brain but whatever)

the terms never were the problem, but how stupid the chapter itself explained it AND the misunderstanding that potential is not how much mana she can release at the same time but on how much mana she has access too, which maybe will be explained better in the next half of the chapter
its quite unnecessary complicated, which most likely comes from the author itself

Group Leader
@Dragou Thank you for asking... maybe you need to have a high IQ to understand the chapter but the author needs to simplify his explanation.

Dex-chan lover
@Fwaifuxsenpai like I thought when I realised it, the author likes overly complicated explanations .... i really should have seen something like that coming XD
still thx for the chap and have a nice day/night/time

Fed-Kun's army
Rimuru, seriously listen to bastard and the others...

your going to get another labanina if you keep doing this

Fed-Kun's army
well I honestly don't care there are lots of people who are way to sensitive and get on your ass about it though

It started off right, but starting from page 13, release potential and capacity suddenly switched, so her illness is described exactly the opposite as it should be. Her problem is that her capacity is growing faster than her release potential, so the time she'll spend fainted to compensate could eventually extend to the entire day. She'll need to increase her release potential to fix it.

Dex-chan lover
@ace435 what ?????
@Erilyn that would be the more logical conclusion for me, but instead they seem to try to increase her max mana instead
aka: Her max mana is 100, but because she cant spent enough of her mana her manareg doesnt stop at 00 and goes above which makes her faint
therefore they plan to increase her max mana instead so that she wont go over the limit

at least thats how I understood it after quite some time beeing confused and thinking about it

that was why I started the whole questions

Dex-chan lover
Wait wait wait, so she has an over max mp(capacity) sickness, because she can't release enough mp (potential) but her mp release is growing quicker than her max mp?

I understand that increasing her max mp would reduce the overload, but she being able to release more mp shouldn't pose a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread