Elf Yome to Hajimeru Isekai Ryoushu Seikatsu

Group Leader
I'm with @criver - it's technically not isekai, but it looks like an isekai, stinks like an isekai, and you wouldn't want it smushed on the sole of your shoe like an isekai. It's kind of like legal lolis.

@sarusa well said. feels like a generic isekai, cause MC is basically using his world's superior knowledge again.

Double-page supporter
The only seafood I care about is shellfish, the rest can go die in a fire.

Man, this series isn't the best in terms of deep lore or story, but I can't help but to sympathise with the MC. I'm sure Japan has a shitton of regulations and laws about lots of industries and making a medieval kingdom comply with said rules with the MINIMAL amount of government help must be a fucking nightmare.

Dex-chan lover
At first I quite enjoyed this... But now it lost its appeal to me.
Maybe the pacing or just story itself that's not as interesting as I thought it'd be.

I agree with TetraSky. I like the artwork but the increasing bureaucracy is starting to be a turn off.

I think the main problem with this series so far is the lack of challenge for the Main character and poor pacing. Pretty much every issue is solved rather easily due to one thing for another with very little input from the main character, leaving him in a rather neutral position as far as character growth is concerned. Not to mention he's as generic as they come..

Double-page supporter
Yeah, I'm done, this is too fluffy for me, I need some violent video games to get the taste out of my mouth.

Dex-chan lover
This is exactly what will happen when you leave diplomatic maters to bunch of a kids.

Fim

I have read and am still reading a lot of isekai stories, but I find this one especially annoying. Of course, the island from another world is a starving third world country and Japan is the most awsome place ever.

It's definitely Isekai, that label is correct, it just belongs bad sub-type of that genre, like Gate and Outbreak Company, where there is a permanent connection between the normal world and the other world so the worlds can "clash", which is used to show off just how advanced and civilized Japan is, and how backwards the other world is.

Of course, that alone doesn't really explain just how bad this one really is. Reading makes my head hurt from all the stupidity.

It's definitely Isekai, that label is correct, it just belongs bad sub-type of that genre, like Gate and Outbreak Company, where there is a permanent connection between the normal world and the other world so the worlds can "clash", which is used to show off just how advanced and civilized Japan is, and how backwards the other world is.

Eh. They could replace Japan with any other first world country and it would work out because fantasyland hasn't progressed past the middle ages. Gate had an agenda and worldview that were a lot more aggressive whereas this series and outbreak company were more laid back. It's less about showing Japan's superiority and more about putting the male lead in a position of power in spite of being too young to be a leader in the real world.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly thought this chapter was going to get pretty dark, all things considered.

This explanation of why she was "dangerous" made me want to hit my head on the desk. Repeatedly.

This is probably the flattest artwork I've ever seen in a manga released by a big publisher, not counting anything by ONE.

Users who are viewing this thread